Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
After abysmal Episode 5 of the last Season of Game of Thrones, D&D have managed to finally ruin eight years of buildup and arcs for characters. Not even GRRM can save it with his book.

BJSm.gif

PRAISED BE TOLKIEN

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
What do you mean? Game of Thrones was cancelled in Season 4. We never had terrible seasons/episodes which ruin beloved characters by the minute

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean it's always been widely regarded as one of the best, if not the best, fantasy series of all time so.....

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny watching some of the reactions online of people towards this season. You were never going to get whatever it was you wanted.

Just watch it for what it is, a fantasy soap-opera with lots of tits and killing.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I actually enjoyed the first three episodes of this final season.

Last week and tonight were shit though.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was already the GOAT.

And episode 5 was awesome. Now I can say that
I hated the Khaleesi before it was cool.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
everyone on twitter is telling me the show keeps tripping over its own ass hole

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
It was considered that far before any quality drop in Game of Thrones' writing.

You can be angry at the show/writers, but don't pretend like anything you said in the OP is fact.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I think it's funny you're not even comparing Tolkien to Martin but rather the show that is trying to tell a story Martin hasn't finished. But hey, you do you man

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
lol tonight's episode of Thrones was awesome.

And yes, LoTR is amazing and will always be the goat fantasy trilogy (but always second to SW OT).

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't seen the episode yet (and can't atm).

Was it really that bad that it warrants this kind of thread?

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I'm always amazed at people who watch the show week in and out, yet bitch about it week after week saying its the worst thing ever. At some point it time, it really does become why are you watching it. I enjoyed the hell out of it. Best heel turn since Austin.

in before I watch it for the lulz

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
Was this really thread-worthy? It's not as if LOTR wasn't already the premier fantasy series, much as I love Thrones. Why do we have to compare them at all? They're so different.

Edit - ^ Also, what SilkySmooth said above.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That episode was amazing. I don't know what you're talking about. LOTR are my favourites but ERA would eat them alive if they were released today.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I'm always amazed at people who watch the show week in and out, yet bitch about it week after week saying its the worst thing ever. At some point it time, it really does become why are you watching it. I enjoyed the hell out of it. Best heel turn since Austin.

Too late to get off the train. By the time you make it to season 8, you might as well watch it to the end.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Oh come on now, Episode 5 wasn't that bad. I mean sure I had my issues with it but I don't think it's as bad as people are saying it is.

And LotR cemented it's place as fantasy epic GOAT series back in 2003.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
When was this even a question? And I enjoyed the thrones episode for the most part.

FreeMufasa

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Same. Is their time really that unvaluable to them? You see the same on gaming too. "I HATE this game ive played from start to finish for 300 hours!"