• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Metro Cow

Nov 28, 2020
Haven't played this yet (it's on my backlog though).

Love to see more devs embracing randomisers and realising how great a way they are to breath new life into multiple playthroughs.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Biggest issue for me for the game is still the lack of enemies variety, unless they do a expansion size of dlc, I doubt that this will ever be address until its sequal.

Ravio-li

Dec 24, 2018
Kinda impressed with the post launch support of this game. Even though I had to wait a handful of times for it to reinstall all files for a patch during my playthrough (:

Randomizer sounds fun. But I still feel the game needs way more enemy types. Right now I don't think it would change encounters that much..

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Deluxe Edition 50% off right now on PS5 too.

Might bite as these modifiers sound great and I wish more games had randomizes and such.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
The mention of performance enhancements across all platforms is encouraging. I've held off buying this on the Steam Deck (even though it's Verified) since reviews said it could look pretty horrible at the settings needed to get a stable 30fps... so hopefully his has improved.

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
I want to play the game coop with my friend but I heard when it was released that the coop system they had was bad. It was something about the guest can't get any loot ?

Can someone confirm if that has been fixed so it feels like a normal coop that both players can feel like they can level up and gear up normally

Mar 21, 2018
Bought this over a month ago. Beat every souls game except for Sekiro. Recently beat Lies of P. Can't get past the first boss. Sigh.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
This game has some great level and world design. Some of the maps I'd rank with some of From's better levels. It's a shame that the lore and npcs aren't that interesting.

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I want to play the game coop with my friend but I heard when it was released that the coop system they had was bad. It was something about the guest can't get any loot ?

Can someone confirm if that has been fixed so it feels like a normal coop that both players can feel like they can level up and gear up normally

Loot works like it does in most Souls games, where only the host can pick up loot found in the world. However, anything that drops from enemies will be given to both players.

theCioro

Jun 16, 2023
RO
Just got the deluxe on PS5. How is the performance now? I read that they reduced the gang mobs. Is it better?

Deku_o4a

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like great additions. Gonna pick this game up at some point after the Elden Ring DLC.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Always great to see games integrating randomizers. I wish Capcom would've done this in RE2. (There's a fan made one but it was abandoned and is buggy).

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Had no idea they kept putting so much work into the game. Any PS5 performance comparisons with the launch version?

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Randomizers or roguelite modes are such a great way to extend play time in otherwise handcrafted single player titles. Way better than the throw away multiplayer modes we got a few generations ago.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I really enjoyed Lords of the Fallen. It has some jank, but overall is a solid Soulslike with great lore. Glad to see the devs continually giving this game support.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
A randomiser update has instantly gotten me interested in picking this up.

If the current trend of randomiser mods for Zelda, Metroid, RE, Souls, etc has taught me anything, it's that devs need to get on officially supporting them with their own modes ASAP

Ananasas

Jul 11, 2018
I enjoyed the game played launch version, I wonder if they update enemy placement, because it was one of the worst souls game ever in that aspect and also I wonder if they improved variety of enemies or is everything the same

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Better than From games in regard to the co-op mechanic. Can drop upgrade materials aswell as equipment, And co-op buddy never gets sent back after killing a boss. The intertwined world is also better than some From games, Especially DS2/3. Maybe ER.

Still awaiting an expansion but all these Qol improvements are fantastic. I'm loving VR at the minute with Quest3/PSVR2, But will jump back into Lords with this update.

pvin626

Nov 16, 2017
This was just $20 on PS5 the other, I should have picked it up. I wonder how good the performance on Steamdeck will be now.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
I'm just about to get the plat in this game and I have loved it. Really excited to see whatever this team makes next.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I am curious how it works if you go into NG+ and select that mode. I assume it just restarts the playthrough rather than actually "killing" your character.
Yeah I'm curious about that as well. Like it sounds like it will keep player progression along with inventory but always send you back to the beginning of the game. On NG+ that will make it harder though.

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
I played a bit of it back when it came out, but ultimately gave it up because the performance was fucking awful on my Series X. Did they ever fix it?

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm curious about that as well. Like it sounds like it will keep player progression along with inventory but always send you back to the beginning of the game. On NG+ that will make it harder though.

Dying in Umbral resets your current playthrough, and you will awaken at the start once again. The world progression is reset, but player progression and inventory is retained. Certain scripted moments are excluded from this.

Okay yeah, that's exactly how it works. Which I think is fair? I guess it's more a Rogue-like mode then then a true "Permadeath" mode.

El_Dabrah

Feb 18, 2024
I never finished this game. While playing it, it seemed fine. Then I played Lies of P and realized oh right this is how these games are supposed to feel.

I'll revisit it at some point.

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
The randomizer and iron man modifiers are great, but am I correct in my understanding that they are only available after beating the game? If so, that absolutely sucks. They should both be available from the start.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
1.5 update info. Absolutely humongous update.

Live now on all platforms
Greetings Lampbearers,
Today marks the arrival of Version 1.5 - Master of Fate, the culmination of over 30 updates released since launch, resulting in significantly improved performance, stability and optimisation, alongside rigorous difficulty balancing in response to your feedback.

As part of this, we're delighted to also release our highly-anticipated Advanced Game Modifier System, available to all players (both new and old), granting the ability to fully customise your playthrough. This now concludes the Free Content Roadmap announced shortly after launch, which has added the following content and quality of life enhancements for Lords of the Fallen, vastly improving the experience for all players:

• Significant performance, optimisation and stability improvements
  • Rigorous difficulty balancing including mob density reduction & nerfed ranged attacks
  • Split PvP and PvE game balancing
  • Online multiplayer enhancements for improved matchmaking and connection stability
  • New questlines including Season of the Bleak, Trial of the Three Spirits, and Way of the Bucket
  • New armour and weapon sets
  • Additional secret boss weapon abilities
  • Improved boss encounters with additional movesets & new AI
  • 12 new spells including the arena-devastating Immolation
  • New grievous strikes: each weapon family now features two unique finishers: one for single-handed wielding and another for two-handed wielding
  • 3 new projectiles: Blood Vomit, Explosive Mines, and Frost Worms.
  • QOL updates including: inventory expansion, appearance reset, storage functionality & gamepad rebinding
The latest new feature – the Advanced Game Modifier System - places power directly into your hands, allowing you to fully customise your game experience, using any combination of seven modifiers, to make the game easier, more difficult, or simply a completely new experience every time. Modifiers include the ability to randomise enemies, alter mob density and even enable a form of permadeath. Please find additional details in the new video below, with an introduction from our Head of Studio, Saul Gascon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dlbw_NBDFM&t=1s

Advanced Game Modifier Options
Ironman: Dying in Umbral resets your current playthrough, and you will awaken at the start once again. The world progression is reset, but player progression and inventory is retained. Certain scripted moments are excluded from this.

Pre-Upgraded Loot: Weapons, shields and catalysts found as loot from enemies, or in the world, will come pre-upgraded based on your player level.

Randomized Loot: Loot dropped by enemies, and found in the world, is randomized. Does not affect quest and progression items, nor unique boss items.

Randomized Enemies: Enemies encountered in the world now appear in a random order. Does not impact named boss enemies.

More Enemies: The world contains significantly more enemies.

Withered Healing: All healing received is Withered Healing, and must be confirmed by dealing damage to enemies.

Vestige Decay:
- No Vestige Decay: No Vestige has withered away, leaving you all possible places of respite.
- Minor Vestige Decay: Some Vestiges have withered away, leaving you with fewer places of respite.
- Extensive Vestige Decay: Many Vestiges have withered away, often leaving you without rest for long stretches.
- Tremendous Vestige Decay: All Vestiges, except for a rare few, have withered away. Truly, a restless experience.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Lordsofthe..._of_the_fallen_version_15_master_of_fate_out/