• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
ef48b55c-9e93-45c2-8n9kha.jpeg

469b6320-75a6-46bf-ac3jsq.jpeg

OpenCritic - 78 (37 reviews) | Metacritic - 79 (21 reviews)

Battle4play.com - 94/100
www.battle4play.com

Análisis de Lost in Random

El día de hoy os traigo el análisis de Lost in Random, un título que tenía muchas ganas de probar y analizar desde que lo vi anunciado por primera vez. Su

Generacion Xbox - 9.1/10
generacionxbox.com

Análisis de Lost in Random

Magia, amistad, azar y mucha acción es lo que nos trae Zoink! con Lost in Random, una aventura tan original como imperdible.

XGN.nl - 9/10

Geek Culture - 8.6/10
geekculture.co

Geek Review: Lost In Random | Geek Culture

Another EA Originals that shine bright on its own, Zoink Games' Lost in Random is a refreshing take on how randomness is not always that bad.

PSU - 8.5/10
www.psu.com

Lost In Random (PS5) Review - A Game of Chance? - PlayStation Universe

Read our review of Lost in Random, a tale of chance, mystery and weird characters. Does it roll on to success or does it fail a skill check and wither away?

Well Played - 8.5/10
www.well-played.com.au

Lost In Random Review

Dice, dice, baby

Everyeye.it - 8.5/10
www.everyeye.it

Lost in Random Recensione: un'avventura tra Tim Burton e Neil Gaiman

Da Zoink Games, arriva un Action Adventure che farà la gioia degli amanti delle atmosfere à la Tim Burton, proponendo una riuscitissima fiaba gotica.

Game Informer - 8.3/10
www.gameinformer.com

Lost in Random Review - Playing Its Cards Right - Game Informer

This shadowy adventure will get you in the mood for Halloween all year around with its atmospheric design, creative combat system, and well-crafted story.

The Games Machine - 8.3/10
www.thegamesmachine.it

Lost in Random Recensione | The Games Machine

Lost in Random Recensione | L'action adventure misto card game di Zoink si rivela proprio un bel gioco, al netto di qualche difetto minore.

IGN - 8/10

Metro - 8/10
metro.co.uk

Lost In Random review - dicing with fate

Card-based battles blend with a Tim Burton aesthetic in this action adventure indie game driven by chance.

Destructoid - 8/10
www.destructoid.com

Review: Lost in Random

Zoink's card-collecting action-adventure game Lost in Random has a wonderful dark-fantasy aesthetic, but is it worth playing? Yes!

PlayStation LifeStyle - 8/10
www.playstationlifestyle.net

Lost in Random Review - Random, Fate, or Persistence? (PS5) - PlayStation LifeStyle

Lost in Random Review - Zoink's signature style bleeds throughout this charmingly dark Burton-esque adventure. Though the combat lacks a lot of depth, the characters, world, and story are a driving force.

Pure Xbox - 8/10
www.purexbox.com

Review: Lost In Random - A Cult Classic In The Making

We're all mad down here

Push Square - 8/10

Sirius Gaming - 8/10
sirusgaming.com

Lost in Random - Review

Lost in Random is a wonderfully odd and thoughtful game that manages to do many things well, without overstaying its welcome. Random Rules!

God is a Geek - 8/10
www.godisageek.com

Lost in Random review | GodisaGeek.com

Despite some clunky controls, Lost in Random features smart combat and a world filled with wonder, mystery, and excitement.

Spaziogames - 8/10
www.spaziogames.it

Lost in Random | Recensione – Divertimento stiloso

Molto di più di una tenebrosa fiaba interattiva?

Aus Gamers - 8/10
www.ausgamers.com

Lost in Random Review

Our Lost in Random Review - for an in-depth, unbiased review of the latest and greatest video games, read on.

PSX Brasil - 8/10
psxbrasil.com.br

Lost in Random - Review - PSX Brasil

O que você faria se a maior parte de sua vida fosse decidida de maneira aleatória, com um lançar se dados? Se de fato todas as pessoas tem a exata mesma

PPE.pl - 8/10
www.ppe.pl

Lost in Random - recenzja gry. Random Rules, Random Rules!

EA Originals już nie raz pokazało nam bardzo mocne, emocjonujące i unikalne produkcje. Czy Lost in Random jest godne tego, aby stanąć obok Unravel i It Takes Two? Tego dowiecie się z naszej dzisiejszej recenzji!

Gamespew - 8/10
www.gamespew.com

Lost in Random Review – GameSpew

Captivating, magical and original: three words that sum up Lost in Random. Available now on PC and consoles, here's GameSpew's review.

Screen Rant - 4⭐️

Jeuxvideo.com - 16/20

Comicbook - 4/5
comicbook.com

Lost in Random Review: A Charming Roll of the Dice You Won't Forget

Sometimes a game comes along that seems tailor-made for your particular sensibilities, so much so [...]

CGMagazine - 7.5/10
www.cgmagonline.com

Lost in Random Review - CGMagazine

The latest EA Original by Zoink Games; Lost in Random delivers a unique take on card building/dice throwing games.

GameSpot - 7/10
www.gamespot.com

Lost in Random Review - Six Appeal

Lost in Random tells a sweet tale with surprisingly deep combat to brighten an otherwise dreary world.

COGConnected - 70/100
cogconnected.com

Lost in Random Review - Not Your Lucky Day

Lost in Random is a dark fairy tale with the richly imagined look of a stop-motion animated film, telling the story of a brave young girl on a quest to rescue her sister from an evil Queen.

Shacknews - 7/10
www.shacknews.com

Lost in Random review: Burton-esque dice adventures

Lost in Random is a dark patchwork tapestry of grief, tyranny, courage, love, and magic, but are these themes vibrant enough to hide the seams?

Inverse - 7/10
www.inverse.com

'Lost in Random' review: A bold Tim Burton tribute with one dicey mechanic

'Lost in Random' from Zoink and EA is a dice-based adventure that elicits 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' in all of the best ways.

GameSkinny - 7⭐️
www.gameskinny.com

Lost In Random Review: Playing Its Cards Right

Lost In Random imagines a dark fairy tale that feels immediately timeless, even if some other aspects of the game won't age as well.

The Gamer - 3.5⭐️

Gamekult - 6/10

Slant - 6/10

Last edited:

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Gamekult is more mixed on it: 6/10

Carried by a very tight artistic direction and a story as dark as wonderfully delirious, Lost in Random plunges us into a really seductive universe which we enjoy to discover. Unfortunately, the adventure is filled with too many back and forths within too narrow sceneries, and thus slowly locks us in a monotony that gets tiresome in the end. The numerous and lengthy fights also end up feeding this sad feeling, despite their very surprising and well thought-out system which gives a particularly original touch to the title. Lost in Random starts off on a very good footing, but it loses its way a bit and struggles to keep our interest and curiosity intact throughout its fifteen hours of play. The adventure of Pair in Alea is still a very nice journey, but a bit too much under the sign of randomness, that's all.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

OP
OP
Equanimity

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Really looking forward to playing this one
FYI, it's out now.
September 2021 is the best month for games in, like, years
It's great, isn't it.
EA Originals releases very cool games.
Yeah, absolutely. I'm looking forward to It Takes Two, should be on game pass (ultimate) in the second half of this month.
Big congrats to the team, this game seems so interesting!

September is so fucked.
You mean packed, lol.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Looks really cool, glad this turned out. But I just got FIST and Tales of Arise this week, it will have to wait... and it will be waiting a while because there's another good game every two weeks at this point.

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
Happy to see that it is reviewing positively! Will get it down the line.
Any information on how long it is?

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Neat. I really dig the art style of this.

I know it's not 100% the same but the first thing that popped into my head (after Burton stuff) was Madness Returns.

I definitely want to give it a try. September is just kind of a packed month for it

Aphotic

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really looking forward to this! I'm a big fan of Zoink and they just keep getting better.

Jetsun Mila

Apr 7, 2021
I really like that look, but man with the heavy hitters being there I hope it doesn't go completely under

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Looks absolutely incredible ! I'm playing LiS but I'm going to definitely play some of this too!

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
I've never heard of this game until release. How can that happen in 2021?
Looks lovely too

GrendelKhan

Aug 1, 2018
Played Stick It To the Man earlier this year and really loved the concept. Also have Flipping Death in my backlog. Randomly saw the trailer for this in my Switch news feed last night and it definitely looks interesting. Was surprised to see the Zoink logo at the end. Glad to see it's getting good reviews.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Very cool reviews. I enjoyed Fe quite a bit and will dive into this soon. Give me some Tim Burton-style games any day.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
As in a 5/6 score is "yeah this game's okay but has some pretty big flaws" as opposed to other outlets where everything below an 8 is irredeemable trash.
This is hardly accurate. Checking few of the bigger sites and their score explanations, IGN, Game Informer, Desctructoid, PC Gamer and Gamespot, all of them define score 7 as good. It's really more that forum posters treat anything under 8 as irredeemable trash, most sites have explanations what their scores actually represent so we don't need to guess. Metacritic labels anything under 75 as mixed though.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
Thanks for posting these reviews! I just watched the trailer on PSN last night, and liked what I saw.

I'll try to pick this up in October.

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, in a September utterly flooded with quality and creative releases, I deeply fear this game will be kind of buried and overlooked. Perhaps with its Tim Burton, light horror aesthetic it would've been better off releasing a month from now. As someone who was enchanted by their previous game Fe, another similarly overlooked game, I hope I'm wrong and this fares very well for the developer because it seems excellent and was one of the few exceptional games that stood out to me day one from last year's lousy E3/Summer Press Conference rodeo.

Jakke_Koala

Sep 28, 2018
Damn, didn't know these were the "stick it to the man" devs. Loved that game. Didn't like flippin' deat though. Will definetly check this one out later, love the artstyle

Sep 11, 2021
I miss the days when most outlets used the full scale.

I'm obviously biased here, but I can say that the one I write for, Slant Magazine, uses the full scale. I do wish that were more common, and that people read reviews for context instead of assuming--as someone else pointed out in this thread--that anything below an 8 is "irredeemable."