• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
INCLUDES ENGLISH SUPPORT - SEE THREADMARK

Searched and didn't see a thread

www.gematsu.com

Lost Judgment demo now available for PS5, PS4 in Japan

Publisher Sega and developer Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio have released a demo for Lost Judgment for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 in Japan. It supports English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, and…

Last edited:

ivalice

Banned
Sep 3, 2021
I can wait until release, but I wouldn't say no to a 'progress carries over' demo on the UK store.

C'mon Sega. I bought the first game twice, like a total rube.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
This is out the same day as Death Stranding Director's Cut everywhere else. I ordered both, it seemed like the right thing to do.

Deleted member 44122

embargos for the full release:
review embargo: september 16th, 6am pacific/9am eastern/2pm british/3pm central european time
streaming embargo: september 21st, midnight local time (corresponding with early access of the game)

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
licking-lips-yummy.gif

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Im impressed that the English demo was released at the same time. Because up to now, most of the localised news of the game took a few days/weeks to be released, but thankfully they wasted no time getting the demo up.
I hear you can catch weapons enemies throw at you out of midair now. Fucking. Hype.

sidnok

Feb 4, 2018
Is judgement worth it for someone who doesnt like the Yakuza formula (specifically 0) that much? I am eyeing the ps5 version.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Wonder if they plan to feature it on the Playstation show.

Not seeing it on the app here in Canada yet.

Last edited:

Doomburrito

Feb 9, 2018
Is judgement worth it for someone who doesnt like the Yakuza formula (specifically 0) that much? I am eyeing the ps5 version.

I'll be the dissenting voice here and say that I couldn't get into 0 at all and I loved, loved, loved Judgement.

It is the same gameplay as Yakuza, yes, but the plot hooked me and I didn't mind the beat-em-up nature of it.

If you don't like the whole "literally just run from cutscene to cutscene and do some fights" nature of Yakuza, you probably won't like this, BUT if the plot catches your attention it might still be worth it.

Personally, I can't wait for Lost Judgement, and I'd still never play one of the earlier Yakuza games.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Judgment is literally the traditional Yakuza formula, where the Yakuza series is becoming turn based RPG.

However, Judgment is far more of a detective story than a typical Yakuza story, so you may enjoy it yet.