• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Twitter emb doesn't show the full pic

DwAALt7U0AAu8NJ.jpg:small

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Man JimCarey came full circle back from being on Jenny's antivaxxer train. Solid dude seems to have picked up his socks

Rellodex

Oct 29, 2017
Louis CK was such a sad situation for me.

His show had such an understanding element of humanity to it and extensively painted a picture of modern masculinity in a way that was compassionate and empowering without resorting to the usual tired tactic of demeaning others.

And then we find out that this guy's a scumbag.

I hope that in the future all his standup, his asinine interviews, his personal bullshit, and pretty much him as a person is forgotten and his show is remembered.

el jacko

Dec 12, 2017

His show had such an understanding element of humanity to it and extensively painted a picture of modern masculinity in a way that was compassionate and empowering without resorting to the usual tired tactic of demeaning others.

I hope that in the future all his standup, his asinine interviews, his personal bullshit, and pretty much him as a person is forgotten and his show is remembered.
The depiction of Louie on teh show was that of a scumbag trying to be good to his kids but still kind of a creep and a jerk. The flaws in his masculinity made it seem so much like Louis CK was aware of what he was mocking, and why the show was funny and scary and compassionate all at once.

Turns out, not so much! So much of his comedy is undermined by him not being "in on the joke" that all we can do is forget about him...

Narroo

Banned
Feb 27, 2018

You know, I always thought he was a scumbag because of his stand-up. His entire show consisted of him being an A-hole moaning about the stupidest stuff and being self-righteous. He's the guy at work that's kinda funny because he complains about everything. He's miserable.

And then, of course, there was the time he called someone an idiot on national TV for criticizing Jerry Seinfield in their college's newspaper. Guy's always been a jerk; I don't know what people ever saw in him, except themselves.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
You know, I always thought he was a scumbag because of his stand-up. His entire show consisted of him being an A-hole moaning about the stupidest stuff and being self-righteous. He's the guy at work that's kinda funny because he complains about everything. He's miserable.

And then, of course, there was the time he called someone an idiot on national TV for criticizing Jerry Seinfield in their college's newspaper. Guy's always been a jerk; I don't know what people ever saw in him, except themselves.
So what exactly are posts like this ("i always knew he was an asshole")? Are you trying to elevate yourself above others just because you lack a certain sense of humor?
We're all different in that. Just enjoy what you like. You don't have a sixth sense for assholes, if that is what you believe. You just have your own sense of humor and that never overlaps that of others for 100%. Louis was considered one of the greats for a reason. People thought he was hilarious. Now that's all over of course. And as it seems, he lost the funny.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
can someone explain the art to my dumbass? I don't know why but its definitely going over my head, maybe I need coffee.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017

Same. His comedy had this note of always being in on the joke and aware of how ridiculous it was for him, a white male that was doing well financially, to still have so many complaints. The more mundane, the better.

His sexual abuse was disgusting but, somehow, this recent heel turn totally stunned me.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
can someone explain the art to my dumbass? I don't know why but its definitely going over my head, maybe I need coffee.

Shh

It's god awful but we have to pretend it's cool because Louie is a terrible person

I know Jim Carrey's art is bad because it's the kind of stuff I would think of if I tried to be an artist

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't click on the twitter link and just saw the picture in the OP and I was super confused lol

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

I mentioned this in the other recent Louis thread, but it's hard for me to square the guy making lazy jokes about pronouns with the same guy who created such a thoughtful Horace and Pete episode about transphobia.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Shh

It's god awful but we have to pretend it's cool because Louie is a terrible person

I know Jim Carrey's art is bad because it's the kind of stuff I would think of if I tried to be an artist
It's not like he's a professional graphic artist. He's doing it for fun because he's rich and doesn't need to work.

Pockets

Oct 27, 2017
So what exactly are posts like this ("i always knew he was an asshole")? Are you trying to elevate yourself above others just because you lack a certain sense of humor?
We're all different in that. Just enjoy what you like. You don't have a sixth sense for assholes, if that is what you believe. You just have your own sense of humor and that never overlaps that of others for 100%. Louis was considered one of the greats for a reason. People thought he was hilarious. Now that's all over of course. And as it seems, he lost the funny.

Calm down. No one said an asshole can't be funny.

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Hmm, had to google who Emma Gonzalez was. I guess if you have to do that the art kinda misses the mark with you.

Narroo

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
It's not that I'm trying to elevate myself over others, it's that I'm legitimately confused. His humor consisted of him being an asshole. Why people are so surprised by him being an actual asshole confuses me. Hell, I didn't even realize he was a comedian when I first heard of him (years ago). Of course, back then, people would jump down your throat if you said "This guy's just an asshole."

It's as though people don't pay attention to what a person is saying during their stand-up bits, and then act surprised when lo-and-behold -- a comedian whose stand-up revolves around him being a selfish, judgemental jackass is in fact a selfish judgmental jackass.

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, had to google who Emma Gonzalez was. I guess if you have to do that the art kinda misses the mark with you.
The art is specifically a response/reaction to Louis C.K. berating the kids who survived that Florida high school shooting. Emma Gonzalez is one of the kids from that school and a leading personality in the "March for Our Lives" campaign against gun violence.