• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Republicans are just cartoon villains at this point.
It started with Nixon and Goldwater. It's no surprise it's the reason why they're such an easy target for comedians.
Louisiana has been passing a lot of really shitty laws this year. They're speed running to be the worst state.
It's these red states that HAVE to be backwards in order to rule their state like a kingdom. The sad part is that there's nowhere for people to go.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
Louisiana lawmakers just said:

RobotVM

Oct 27, 2017
I need to find a remote job soon so I can make enough to move my family out of this god forsaken place.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
They need to bring back the old tradition of beating politicians savagely with a cane.

Republicans would probably agree since cane-guy was staunchly pro-slavery and beat Sumner for being an abolitionist. They dream about using violence against people who disagree with them.

Personally, I agree with you, but people with empathy would hesitate to actually do it and the people who deserve it most would wield that cane gleefully.

(And yes, I do understand it was a joking post, I just really hate cane-guy 😅)

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
Republicans would probably agree since cane-guy was staunchly pro-slavery and beat Sumner for being an abolitionist. They dream about using violence against people who disagree with them.

Personally, I agree with you, but people with empathy would hesitate to actually do it and the people who deserve it most would wield that cane gleefully.

I hate him to. I do love that the caning actually made things worse for him and his friends, showing the average person the violent savages they were.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
I hate him to. I do love that the caning actually made things worse for him and his friends, showing the average person the violent savages they were.
Very true! And while I remember Sumner's name I never remember cane-guy. (And I refuse to look him up.) So I guess it kinda worked out.

Zej

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Who do they define as child workers? Infuriating that this info is not in the article.

Dec 30, 2020

Yeah, I was vaguely aware cane guy was an asshole. I'd just really love to see some asshole proudly saying CHILD WORKERS don't need food to just catch hands really quickly.

FizzMino

Shinra Employee
Sep 15, 2022
Colorado, USA
My home of Colorado is surprisingly one of the few states that requires lunch breaks (unpaid) and paid bathroom breaks in all cases.

The federal law basically says no one gets anything in a lot of circumstances. It's crazy that hasn't been changed.

FizzMino

Shinra Employee
Sep 15, 2022
Colorado, USA
Who do they define as child workers? Infuriating that this info is not in the article.

I'm not sure if it's state to state, but where I live child workers are anyone under the age of 18, and as such are subject to more strict job safety rules depending on their age. For instance 15 year olds have far more rules about working than a 17 year does.

A 15 year old can't operate any machinery, work at a grill or fryer, use knives or work past certain hours the day before they have school. They can only do things like work a cash register etc.

Most of those rules don't apply to anyone 16 or older though.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
Yeah, I was vaguely aware cane guy was an asshole. I'd just really love to see some asshole proudly saying CHILD WORKERS don't need food to just catch hands really quickly.

It's the objectively correct position to take so it's really on me that I felt the need to "well ackshully". 😅 I just like dunking on the guy if I'm honest.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana has been passing a lot of really shitty laws this year. They're speed running to be the worst state.
Yeah, always look at the state rankings when this shit happens. Pretty soon third world nations will be sending aid to them

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
good. If kids expect to get lunch where does it end? Breakfast and dinner as well? A snack? Water bottle at work?!

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
As someone that manages younger employees (usually early 20s, never teenagers TBF) I do agree there is an issue with requiring hourly employees to clock out for lunch. They don't want to do it, because it means being at work an extra 30 minutes. Given the choice, they'd rather just eat on the clock or skip lunch and go home earlier.

The problem here is that this piece of shit has intentionally perverted the issue to frame it as kids not wanting breaks. The real solution here is that they shouldn't have to clock out for lunch. They should get their 30 minutes, but they should still be paid for their time. It's completely asinine to contextualize that lunch time as somehow divorced from their work hours. It isn't enough time to do anything except cram down some food (which, you know, allows us to stay alive) and collect one's thoughts for a bit. IMO it's just stealing time from employees.

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
If I could skip my lunch break and leave 30 minutes early I would in a heartbeat. I already get 2 paid 15 minute breaks throughout the day along side my lunch though.