• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Who do you feel worse about on the FlatearthStans pair? I think for me it's FEP with his on and off approach so far to specific topics with no follow up, but I'm kinda worried how a Scum!Stan would work here.
Probably FEPs yeah, for similar reasons. Looking back on his contributions, it kind of feels like he's just brushing things off a bit, not taking many stances. Stan as Scum isn't much different from normal Stan from how I remember him in GTA, so I don't think I could point to anything in specific there, but it doesn't change my feelings on FEPs.
Sounds like a you problem and not a me problem. My goal isn't to prove to anyone that I'm town. Monkey can keep asking that question until she is blue in the face and I hope everyone keeps finding nothing.
So do you still think Stu/Monkey is the top vote you want today, not looking anywhere else?

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think either of us has scumfeels about Fran
I'm feeling better about Fran,
I feel really good about Fran

giphy.gif

Am I a secret partner?

Where this is coming from? If we have a scum flip and they have a secret partner all remember to lynch Sorian.

This is mostly because while they haven't been able to post much yet, they haven't really said much of importance in those posts. And also may as well give attention to the couples not really mentioned so far.

Really? I think we have been talked about plenty. This vote feels weak.

What I want is for someone who is refusing to put him in the scum pile to tell me what Sorian has done that's town. Because this is how it works. We don't kill him and he gets entrenched without really doing anything that's pro-town. I would like people to be aware of that. I've seen pro-town Sorian. Sorian can be a great asset to town. Mostly so far here he's thrown around vocabulary and shade, and that's all. Until he does something else, he's in my potential-scum pile.

I'm currently null on Sorian. There is nothing that makes me think that he is scum or town. I have nothing on B-Dubs either.

Hey all. I was in a car accident last night and need to go get the car looked at today, so I probably won't be around until after D1 ends. I'll try and pop in before, but it probably won't happen.

Hope everything is ok. Take care of yourself.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it is nitpicking but it's still important nitpicking. He never actually connected the motive to my alignment. He specifically said he was voting me because he believed I was scum but then also presented a thing I did where the worry was me pointing something out to scum. He then retconned it later to say he was actually worried that I was trying to bait people for reactions so I knew who to kill tonight but having to retconn that already shows he didn't actually think it through at the start.
I thought that Stuart was clear enough from start and questioning him made it look worse. The initial post was this one, and I don't see an issue with it:

Sure. The fact that he posted that he spotted a breadcrumb (funnily enough, someone mentioned earlier that we shouldn't say if we spot one iirc) feels like the type of thing a townie wouldn't do. It's like giving info away to scum.

It bothers me.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Probably FEPs yeah, for similar reasons. Looking back on his contributions, it kind of feels like he's just brushing things off a bit, not taking many stances. Stan as Scum isn't much different from normal Stan from how I remember him in GTA, so I don't think I could point to anything in specific there, but it doesn't change my feelings on FEPs.

So do you still think Stu/Monkey is the top vote you want today, not looking anywhere else?

My own personal top vote? Yes, I feel like at this point they've both dug a big enough hole. I still don't think they get it today though. I'm open to most others, I'm not voting Natiko's, Stan's, or Kyan's boats. Not Fran's yet either though I'm a little less sure there. Oh and also not voting Reki's Boat.

giphy.gif

Where this is coming from? If we have a scum flip and they have a secret partner all remember to lynch Sorian.

Really? I think we have been talked about plenty. This vote feels weak.

I'm currently null on Sorian. There is nothing that makes me think that he is scum or town. I have nothing on B-Dubs either.

Hope everything is ok. Take care of yourself.

It's coming from Stu saying I'm scum while trying to tell scum something in thread, clearly, if you read the whole conversation.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I thought that Stuart was clear enough from start and questioning him made it look worse. The initial post was this one, and I don't see an issue with it:

"It's like giving info away to scum"

That's kind of the sticking point. Present that you think I'm neutral or a secret partner (Fran triggers) when questioned on it, not that I must be scum because I gave info to scum. At worst, at least take the bad page from monkey's book and say it's policy lynch because I'm 50/50 helpful:not helpful as town.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
It's coming from Stu saying I'm scum while trying to tell scum something in thread, clearly, if you read the whole conversation.

I know. I'm just thinking that you would be the only one bold enough to breadcrumb to the scum team that you are their secret partner (if they have any).

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Verelios where are you at now, bud? Your vote on FEPs/Stan is looking a bit stale at this point since it seems to have been a prod vote, and I'm not sure if I have a sense of where your other reads are at here.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Well i know i dont want to lynch monkey/stu atm but i dont have much in the way of a second choice, so imma put this here for now purely on the hopes of making things more interesting.

vote: Ty4on

going to sleep now, should be up before days end tho i cant promise ill be caught up at the time.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a you problem and not a me problem. My goal isn't to prove to anyone that I'm town. Monkey can keep asking that question until she is blue in the face and I hope everyone keeps finding nothing.
Sure, if you're town, your job is instead to find scum. You've fallen short there, buddy, sorry to say. And your big idea on me is not really anything other than the fact that I'm not doing it the way you want me to do it or the way you expected. For instance: clearly I'm reading the thread; I'm not just responding or picking the things you would expect me to. This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about when I say you are focused inward. It's not helpful. It's Sorian measure and it's relatively meaningless to others. See also:
In completely unrelated news, I'm surprised that I'm so opposite to Fanto in most (all?) of his reads.
Do you disagree with all? I'd guess not from what you've said about who you wouldn't lynch. So which ones do you disagree with? I could piece it together from my notes and memory but why obfuscate? Do you disagree with how Fanto seems to have gotten there, conclusions, or both? All I know from this is: Sorian doesn't agree with Fanto. That tells me you have some thoughts. It doesn't tell me what they are or how you got there or anything about what you're doing and your approach to this game. You're focused inward. Town's out here. Scum is, too.

This is what I expected Kalor and Bae to say and that's my sticking point with their positions on Sorian. If someone's not scummy or townie, how is that not null? You don't have to have a read. Why default to town?

Xbro

Oct 25, 2017
vote: ty4on

His entire situation rubs me the wrong way. From the real lack of anything meaningful, to the blatant redirection of a conversation against him, this is where my gut is leading me.

Brazil yoh were the first to call this one out, what do you currently think?

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is what I expected Kalor and Bae to say and that's my sticking point with their positions on Sorian. If someone's not scummy or townie, how is that not null? You don't have to have a read. Why default to town?
Sorta loss on this part. Was this a previous conversation you had with them regarding a relunctance to vote for Sorian?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, if you're town, your job is instead to find scum. You've fallen short there, buddy, sorry to say. And your big idea on me is not really anything other than the fact that I'm not doing it the way you want me to do it or the way you expected. For instance: clearly I'm reading the thread; I'm not just responding or picking the things you would expect me to. This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about when I say you are focused inward. It's not helpful. It's Sorian measure and it's relatively meaningless to others. See also:

Do you disagree with all? I'd guess not from what you've said about who you wouldn't lynch. So which ones do you disagree with? I could piece it together from my notes and memory but why obfuscate? Do you disagree with how Fanto seems to have gotten there, conclusions, or both? All I know from this is: Sorian doesn't agree with Fanto. That tells me you have some thoughts. It doesn't tell me what they are or how you got there or anything about what you're doing and your approach to this game. You're focused inward. Town's out here. Scum is, too.

Because I didn't care enough to go analyze all of Fanto's reads. His last few posts have been he wants to lynch Natiko (I don't), he doesn't want to lynch you (I do) and he doesn't want to lynch Bae/malus (I kind of do, the only reservation is they seem positioned against you). That's not obfuscating, that's me saying most and not remembering the rest of his reads off hand.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
And I'm sure some of y'all think I'm hammering these Sorian questions too hard, but listen - we are still the vote leaders and if we get flipped today, I want to leave a very strong impression here that you should NOT let him slide. I don't know his alignment. But I know he is slippery and people put him off out of reluctance because he's hard to read or he could be useful and so what he does gets ignored. Don't ignore him. Pay attention to him.

Sorta loss on this part. Was this a previous conversation you had with them regarding a relunctance to vote for Sorian?
I asked them both to tell me why they thought Sorian was town and both just said he hadn't done anything particularly scummy. I asked again for anything townie and just got "not scummy."

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not opposed to the Ty4on growing lynch, though I remember some early post from AB that I agreed with but that was it for the pair.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Because I didn't care enough to go analyze all of Fanto's reads. His last few posts have been he wants to lynch Natiko (I don't), he doesn't want to lynch you (I do) and he doesn't want to lynch Bae/malus (I kind of do, the only reservation is they seem positioned against you). That's not obfuscating, that's me saying most and not remembering the rest of his reads off hand.
Really? Because Bae said she didn't scum read us and malus was iffy but said he wouldn't vote there today.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Right now I'm leaning on voting Pirate Malus, CoolestBeat or Absol4on

As some people have said Pirate Bae is playing very similar as she did in Mafiera, calling the leading lynch as a weak push and then giving weak reads herself. Malus is playing extremely safe.

There is something about Coolest that doesnt' feel right to me. He is playing different from my meta on him, way more careful from what I would expect from him. Also that post about partners and roles is still bugging me.

Regarding Absol4on I feel that Ty is detached from the game. He just come, gives some insight and then banish. It's very close as like he plays as scum.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
His last few posts have been he wants to lynch Natiko (I don't)
For the record, I feel better about Natiko after getting my thoughts out and talking to him last night, so I'm not really big on that for a final vote. Otherwise, yes, we disagree on Stu/Monkey and Bae/Malus for today.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
And I'm sure some of y'all think I'm hammering these Sorian questions too hard, but listen - we are still the vote leaders and if we get flipped today, I want to leave a very strong impression here that you should NOT let him slide. I don't know his alignment. But I know he is slippery and people put him off out of reluctance because he's hard to read or he could be useful and so what he does gets ignored. Don't ignore him. Pay attention to him.

I think you are giving this Sorian is slippery meme more value that he really has, the actual numbers show otherwise. The last game where Sorian reached endgame was in Power Rangers, a costume game. Besides that he has been killed or lynched in every game since Rick and Morty, a long time ago. The last time that scum!Sorian survived until the end and won was LB2, a really long time ago. Before that you need to go to Batman. He only survived until game end in HvV because he had a green check.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really? Because Bae said she didn't scum read us and malus was iffy but said he wouldn't vote there today.

She argued with Stu with the same points I did and around the same so she wasn't just copying me, she's still positioned against you even if she isn't going to vote you today.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Imma put mine here for now

Vote: Apollo

This team feels like a carry so far, and I'm wondering if it's due to a lack of coordinated planning.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

This team feels like a carry so far, and I'm wondering if it's due to a lack of coordinated planning.
Huh, that's an unexpected vote. What do you mean by *carry*? Verelios is a solid town read for me so far and Apollo had some few posts that I agreed with.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Right now I'm leaning on voting Pirate Malus, CoolestBeat or Absol4on

As some people have said Pirate Bae is playing very similar as she did in Mafiera, calling the leading lynch as a weak push and then giving weak reads herself. Malus is playing extremely safe.

There is something about Coolest that doesnt' feel right to me. He is playing different from my meta on him, way more careful from what I would expect from him. Also that post about partners and roles is still bugging me.

Regarding Absol4on I feel that Ty is detached from the game. He just come, gives some insight and then banish. It's very close as like he plays as scum.
Yeah, Ty has been fading for sure. I can't recall any real contribution he has made in the back half of this phase so far.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, that's an unexpected vote. What do you mean by *carry*? Verelios is a solid town read for me so far and Apollo had some few posts that I agreed with.
It feels like verelios is doing the bulk of it. At the very least I can resummon apollo before the EoD. Plus I'm not really down with the dr monkey stuart train

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Just general thoughts
I mean, I made a whole post going over each boat in general. What more "general thoughts" do you want?

By the way, I'm totally not getting weird flashbacks to MafiEra while sitting here with, well, half of the Scum team and two of the Cultists from that game...
The part that gets me a little salty about that game is that town felt like we were doing so, so well. We had several scum early, we kept our PR deaths to a minimum, and yet the game was over early on before we had any idea.

Eh, screw it! Who cares if their partners are active. I'm gonna pick... absolutbro

Vote: absolutbro

Where you at?
When you posted? Sleeping! :D I'm shit at D1. I see all the back and forth fights/arguments/whatever you want to call them and I'm not really ever sure where they come from.

since you bring it up:

Not voting: FluxWaveZ, Xbro, B-Dubs, Fandorin, Pirate Bae, absolutbro, Stantastic, Ty4on, Kyanrute, Brazil, rac, SkyOdin, malus, Reki, Vincent Alexander, Z-Beat, Zippedpinhead

That's quite a few people without a vote down.

People should start putting their votes down soon. Majority is 18 so we're in no danger of majority.
I've already said I don't usually put my votes down early until later in the day. I really don't see what difference it makes 8+ hours out (as of your post, not the one I'm typing now which is still 6+ hours out). I feel like a crazy person for remembering when Terrabyte20xx made a D1 vote in Star Wars and people flipped out. Now random and prod votes are all the rage and DAMN KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN! STUPID CLOUDS

Brazil's day here reminds me of his day one in HoH without the part where got into an argument with me, but he did slightly scum read me today so I'll give him a pass there. He turned out to be town in that game. If I wasn't in that game I think I would agree that he seems a bit off, but as of now I don't have much of an issue with him.
I am not sure I would use HoH as representative of anything, honestly. With such a small scum team, EVERYONE started looking scummy because we expected a certain amount of scum and there were two. (And a sk that died N1). I'm comparing more to MafiEra, where granted we had the D1 "vote in a leader instead of voting out someone" shenanigans, but activity wasn't usually an issue either way.

Hey all. I was in a car accident last night and need to go get the car looked at today, so I probably won't be around until after D1 ends. I'll try and pop in before, but it probably won't happen.
Glad you're okay, and naturally take all the time you need.

Yes and no. Mostly no actually, because that'd be dumdum. It'd be the LULZ lynch where we kill people because they could be hiding scum and even if they'd be that, we'd get just the scum killed but no real information because of the lack of content.

Really, food for tomorrow and the days to come, I think. It is not a good start and it becomes very worrying if it continues tomorrow and onward.

That doesn't seem safe. Gotta open a window
Concur. This is why I work from home now - they're constantly doing this shit in my building and I can't handle it.
I wish I could open a window, but we're on the 9th floor in downtown DC. That's just not a thing. They're supposedly going to reshampoo the carpet but I really do not see how that is supposed to help.

Fake edit cause they finished while I was typing this: it's worse.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

It feels like verelios is doing the bulk of it. At the very least I can resummon apollo before the EoD. Plus I'm not really down with the dr monkey stuart train
Would you expect a town boat to be more coordinated than what you see in Apollo/Vere? What of your own boat?

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I'll have to leave shortly and probably won't be back for day end so I'll quickly drop my vote:

vote: Kalor

To be clear, I'm essentially voting Kits, but since she's not here Kalor will have to do. As said in my previous post I had a neutral to good impression at first, but her disappearance together with Kalors non-presence kind of flipped that. So of the current vote leaders this is the boat I want to flip the most.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not voting: B-Dubs, Pirate Bae, absolutbro, Stantastic, Ty4on, Brazil, rac, SkyOdin, malus, Reki, Vincent Alexander, Z-Beat, Zippedpinhead

These are the players with no vote down yet. Notice that two pairs up for the lynch still don't have voted yet.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding Dr Stuart I still don't like how Monkey said that she would policy lynch Sorian and how Stuart reacted to the votes on them but I don't think I will end up vote them today.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't get this hammering on about not voting 6+ hours out.

It shows where people are at right now, since votes speak louder than anything else, especially on later days. It also means that scum need to try to justify a vote on someone, rather than vote in the rush at the end of the day and not need to explain as much.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, I don't want to kill 444 and Dr.Monkey cause in games I've been in with them they've been great players....
On other hand, that could make them great S C U M

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Internet at work is dying. Ef this day, I should have just stayed home.

It shows where people are at right now, since votes speak louder than anything else, especially on later days. It also means that scum need to try to justify a vote on someone, rather than vote in the rush at the end of the day and not need to explain as much.
I guess? I mean, we have votes like Vere's vote on FEP/Stan that are from Page 3. Do we really think that's some all important vote requiring explanation? Fran and Sorian have votes from around the same time period that are easily handwaved. I feel like you're trying to put emphasis on something that's not really all that telling. The most important votes are the ones people end a day with, imo.