Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Inspired by a few comments I've seen on twitter, I do think it's really awesome.

97808b0e-852a-462e-9c66-df1b80dd62e2-jeri-ryan-picard.jpg

Jeri Ryan (54)

stpc_s01_cast_michelle_hurd_800x1000.jpg

Michelle Hurd (55)

Picard_205_TP_0491_VFX_RT.jpg

Orla Brady (61)

Jeri and Michelle especially in this season have been in several awesome scenes, and it hasn't come at the cost of their characters or their development which is also nice.

(updated with ages)

Oct 28, 2017
User banned (2 weeks): Dismissive drive-by
No because they are playing shit characters. There's nothing to celebrate here OP

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It can be surprisingly easy to break stereotypes, we just need to be allowed to do so without the meddling that says 'nay, it's a young/hot people show'. Animation has been doing great in this regard, IMO (it's easy to just draw new/fancy characters), but it is also quite thrilling to see how Star Trek has adapted into this new gen (regardless if the seasons are good or not).

lfSGPtQ.png

Kudos to Michelle Yeoh [59] too who's recently captured [more] hearts.
giphy.gif

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
There's a lot of "look at that bitch eating crackers" kind of takes regarding this show and new star trek in general.

I agree that these three are pretty great and seriously do their best to elevate iffy writing.

Jan 29, 2018
I'm enjoying season 2 even if I have some issues with it, but definitely one of my favorite things about Picard the show has been following up on Seven of Nine 20 years later. I love that they were able to imply 2 decades of plausible growth for the character such that she seems very different from the last time we saw her yet still obviously the same character.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
No because they are playing shit characters. There's nothing to celebrate here OP
Guess you prefer them to be doing exercises with revealing outfits and talking about men. Got it.

Back on topic, something nice about Picard is that, despite the main character being male, the female characters have more relevance than the men. Despite my complaints about this season, Raffi and Seven screentime has been great.

Hopefully next season Troi and Crusher get proper development and aren't relegated to just side characters.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
There's a lot of "look at that bitch eating crackers" kind of takes regarding this show and new star trek in general.

I agree that these three are pretty great and seriously do their best to elevate iffy writing.
I think in general all of modern Trek has great actors.

It's just a shame that they're in poorly written and poorly conceived terrible TV.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
They are really good and likeable actresses/characters and I'd watch more of them. They are my favorite characters of the new Trek shows, even.

That's the best I can say about Picard though

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I read that in the last episode of Picard, someone used "yards" as a measure of distance. In the 24th Century we are still can't get completely rid of the imperial system.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Action, yes, because thats what one thinks of when the name Picard appears.
If i am being honest here, I am not a fan of action Picard but the show has certainly avoided putting Stewart into any kind of action scenes and it hurts to watch. It is pretty clear Stewart just doesn't have the energy to match the rest of the cast and that's a real shame.

On topic, I do think modern Trek has been good at this. There is varied castings, body types etc in discovery too.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
If i am being honest here, I am not a fan of action Picard but the show has certainly avoided putting Stewart into any kind of action scenes and it hurts to watch. It is pretty clear Stewart just doesn't have the energy to match the rest of the cast and that's a real shame.

On topic, I do think modern Trek has been good at this. There is varied castings, body types etc in discovery too.
Feels to be like instead of working to keep Picard away from the action they could have just made a Star Trek show.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
The ladies all look incredible for their age, and it's good to see women their age (like the aforementioned Michelle Yeoh) get to kick some ass. Shame that Picard's been such an underwhelming series otherwise, though. Still can't bring myself to watch the most recent 2 episodes.

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
Always felt for a long time that we could have gotten a show focused on Seven and her time post-Voyager and pre Picard. There's so much there to mine for development and interest.

Somehow I'm expecting her to pop up in Section 31 (if it ever materializes...).