shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
With the game coming out tomorrow I finally decided to start watching the series. Really enjoying it, about halfway through season 2. They really nail the campy tone of the Raimi films and the production values noticeably improve in S2 with regard to gore and effects.

Also I'm crushing super hard on Dana DeLorenzo who plays Kelly:

DDL5-1038x576.jpg

Shame it got cancelled after season 3 but still neat that we got a postscript to Evil Dead at all.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Show was amazing and nearly nobody watched it. Bruce said the piracy numbers fat exceeded actual subscription accounts. Incredible show.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Loved the show, sad it ended but three seasons are definitely better than none. I should rewatch it at some point.

I, too, get a goofy grin whenever Kelly is on screen. I guess I have a type, as around the same time I also had a huge crush on Hannah Marks (Dirt Gently).

MrMattamus

Shinra Employee
Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to give it a watch. What sub/channel?

It's on US Netflix currently.

With the game coming out tomorrow I finally decided to start watching the series. Really enjoying it, about halfway through season 2. They really nail the campy tone of the Raimi films and the production values noticeably improve in S2 with regard to gore and effects.

Also I'm crushing super hard on Dana DeLorenzo who plays Kelly:

DDL5-1038x576.jpg

Shame it got cancelled after season 3 but still neat that we got a postscript to Evil Dead at all.

They do her dirty in season 3 in abandoning a planned plot point that makes incredible sense. Don't want to spoil it, but once your done with S3, you'll know what it is.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
I hate watching cancelled shows. Does it at least feel like it had a proper ending?

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone that likes Horror/Comedy should watch it. It absolutely rules. Shame it was cancelled.

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
Dug this for at least the first season but never finished it. Thought Ray Santiago had the makings of a big star, hope it still happens for him.

Turjake

Oct 1, 2021
I think the show just loses all its momentum every time Ash is not on screen and it focuses on something else. I really didn't care for Kelly or Pablo at all. Fortunately, the parts with Ash are mostly incredible. Was it the beginning of the second season with the fight at the sperm bank? I was howling with laughter. The same with the pilot, amazing stuff.

Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness are both in my top 10 favorite movies, so perhaps I was wishing for more of a Raimi-ish touch here and there. I wish he did the whole series, but overall I'm just glad we got to enjoy more Evil Dead and more Bruce Campbell.

I hate watching cancelled shows. Does it at least feel like it had a proper ending?

The ending is, like, perfect.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
For people who might recognize Dana DeLorenzo but can't remember where, she had a memorable recurring part on The Late Show with Craig Ferguson as the CBS executive Beth.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I love Ash vs Evil Dead so much, it's a perfect show.

The music, the humor, characters, effects, the casting. It's so great.

The show didn't get enougn ratings, which isn't suprising since it aired primarily in the US, on a channel not everyone has access to.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the show. My wife and I were pretty bummed when it ended. It scratched a very specific itch.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
It has some great episodes, but it gets repetitive and has some lame villains. Wish it had been more episodic.

phranc

Nov 13, 2017
Watched this with my father and he had no clue about the movies and he enjoyed the hell out of it.
Great series. Just fun all around

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
For people who might recognize Dana DeLorenzo but can't remember where, she had a memorable recurring part on The Late Show with Craig Ferguson as the CBS executive Beth.

...no fucking way. She was Sandra the Rhino and Beth?!

...oh my god it was her. Mind exploded.

I really should try to get into the show again.
Probably just do a marathon of the movies and then restart the show. Try and get my wife onboard the deadite train

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Its a really fun show and it goes some fucking places. The fight in the semen storage place was one of the most disgusting bits I've seen in a long time and especially so a TV show. It does start to lose some steam in the second season and the third is uneven. Some of the latter villains were kind of lame especially for what are supposed to be ancient seemingly unknowable evils.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Absolutely amazing show. They nailed the gore and humour of the series and Bruce Campbell never misses a beat jumping back into the role of Ash.

Also cannot wait for the new movie Evil Dead Rise coming later this year, really hope it's good.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Show was amazing and nearly nobody watched it. Bruce said the piracy numbers fat exceeded actual subscription accounts. Incredible show.
Maybe it could have survived on a more popular streaming platform. I remember a rumor that said Netflix uses piracy numbers to figure out which network shows to revive.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
It was a bit uneven and I agree that things dragged when Ash wasn't on screen, but overall it punched way above its weight. And it had Lucy Lawless.

But yeah, even in the original OT (can't remember if it was Era or the old place) there wasn't a whole lot of people talking about it. If it was on Netflix it might not have even gotten a second season.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Way better than it had any right to be and weirdly enough maybe the best "legacy sequel" ever made somehow.

Desperately need to re-watch it.

It just still makes me sad to this day that the low viewership + high piracy numbers seemingly really got to Bruce. I've watched him in interviews and in conferences here and there for years and he seems kinda bitter since the show got canceled. Whe is it comes to evil dead in particular. I guess he feels like he got pushed for years on end to finally reprise the role just to be let down by his fans who couldn't be arsed to pay for a subscription in the end.

Last edited:

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
Way better than it had any right to be and weirdly enough maybe the best "legacy sequel" ever made somehow.

Desperately need to re-watch it.

It just still makes me sad to this day that the low viewership + high piracy numbers seemingly really got to Bruce. I've watched him in interviews and in conferences here and there for years and he seems kinda bitter since the snow got canceled. Might be an act, but it feel real on a way.

He did say after the show was canceled that he would never play Ash Williams again so it definitely seemed to hit him hard.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I subscribed to Starz just for this show and cancelled my sub when they cancelled the show.

I know Campbell is done with Ash in live action, but I hope we get to see the rest of the GhostBeaters sometime. Really liked this cast.

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
I loved every minute of this show and I'm still a little amazed we got it at all. All those years hoping for an Evil Dead 4 and got three full seasons of television instead. Fucking awesome.

Oh, and it's absolute shame that Dan DeLorenzo has not been in more stuff since this show ended. A proper genre star-making turn. Someone at Disney, or Warner Bros, or HBO, or Netflix or whatever needs to put her in something big and cool yesterday.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I adore Ash Vs, such a fun, creative show. Kelly and Pablo are both awesome too, they form such a great trio with Ash.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I need to rewatch this at some point. I absolutely LOVED the pilot but felt kind of let down by the rest, even though I'm a huge Evil Dead fan.

OP
OP
shaneo632

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Just finished watching this, man what a great show. Super bummed it ended after just 3 seasons, but was great to have 30 episodes of Ash goodness. Kelly and Pablo were awesome additions to the Evil Dead world and I loved the creative gore effects, especially in S2/S3 when they clearly got a bigger budget.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
This show is an absolute treasure. I can't believe we got three seasons of it, and that they're all exactly what I wanted from an Evil Dead follow-up.

Fuck it, I'm watching it all again. Long live El Jefe.

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
Season 1 and most of season 2 were excellent. Season 3 the budget cuts really hurt and they mostly just retread story lines to save up for the last few episodes for a proper send off.

They did good with the time and money they were given, sadly I feel like it was on the wrong network during the wrong time. This would have killed on a supported streaming service instead of paid premium cable.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Love the series to bits and I'm happy with what we got.

The sad thing is that I went to an Evil Dead event where he did a Q&A and someone asked, "Is there going to be an Evil Dead 4?" He nodded and replied in his traditional Campbell way, "There already was, it was called Ash VS Evil Dead. And a lot of you bozos pirated it and we got canceled." You could tell behind his sarcastic comment that the dude seemed disappointed.