• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sestenes

Mar 2, 2018
Iowa
I was playing this until I fell down the Into The Breach hole. It's pretty good so far, but not quite as addictive as ITB.

Same here. CrossCode is a really special treat, especially for those with an SNES / GBA JRPG itch to scratch. But Into the Breach on Switch is *SO* much more convenient than CrossCode on PC. And both are great games.

Deleted member 43872

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 24, 2018
Yeah, the NPCs have alluded to it. I've been doing every side quest possible, so I guess that's why I'm so slow.
Doing every side quest and exploring thoroughly is a good way to play CrossCode. The game's best when taken slowly, and the side quests line up with the level curve so you shouldn't really need to grind.

Axelstream

Oct 27, 2017
Nice OP. Been pretty curious about this game lately — reminds me of Alundra, a longtime favorite of mine. I'll get to it for sure.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
This is the first indie "JRPG" I've played that feels like it's in the lineage of Falcom games rather than Square-Enix games. pretty good.
I remember noticing that when playing the demo a few years ago. Probably not the puzzle aspect, but the combat is indeed a lot more similar to Ys games than Zelda or Squeenix games.

Frivolous

Aug 27, 2018
Glad to see my 2018 GOTY getting some love. I've been considering starting up another playthrough of it.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
More action RPGs should use super meters for special attacks. Cooldowns get so boring.

ThankDougie

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Buffalo
would love to hear more about how you all heard about this game? it looks right up my alley, but completely went under my radar. no doubt there is some truth to great games getting a low profile due to the glut of crap Steam doles out.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
I've decided a while ago that I have to play this since it's entirely using HTML5 and JS. Nuts.

Just got to get to it.

would love to hear more about how you all heard about this game? it looks right up my alley, but completely went under my radar. no doubt there is some truth to great games getting a low profile due to the glut of crap Steam doles out.

I heard about this game on a JavaScript-focused Slack channel and someone shared the link. It's really shareable since you can play it in the browser since it's just JavaScript anyway.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I heard about this from listening to the Giant Bomb GOTY talks. It sounds like something I'd really enjoy!

BluWacky

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Steam had been recommending it to me for months while it was in Early Access, presumably due to the number of other JRPGs or adjacent titles I own. I often ignore these but looked at the trailer on a whim and was really quite impressed.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
This is a nice game I'll probably never get to play if it doesn't releases on consoles.
I read somewhere the game has no chance of a port since it's a bunch of html/javascript.

It looks like a lot of fun.

Wait really? It would've been an easy port to Wii U bizarrely enough (if it's not super resource heavy).

Imerty

Oct 27, 2017
There's any release window for the PS4 version? This game sounds amazing but I don't want to play it on a MacBook Air.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Felt like the only person playing this game. I pretty much love everything about this game from the combat, music, characters, and art. Only thing I'm not a big fan of are the dungeons. That's not really the games fault though since I have that issue with Zelda as well lol.

Got it in a bundle ages ago and redeemed it without really looking at what I got. Sometime later I was looking at my games and stumbled upon it. I thought it looked great but as it was in early access I had no desire to play it. Fast forward a few years and it's finally out for me to play.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Ben from Giant Bomb mentioned it on one of their podcasts back when it was early access. I picked it up back then and loved the look of it, but waited to play it until the full release.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
I found it when it was fundraising, I think someone made a thread about it at the time on neogaf. I got super hooked on the early demo (it was bigger than the final demo, it also let you play the rookie dungeon and part of Autumn Rise). The demo itself was already one of my favorite all time action RPGs, and I was hyped as fuck for the full game for pretty much three years straight.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I can't remember exactly but I think I heard about it on GAF back when it was being crowdfunded. They had a demo out already, which I loved, and their crowdfunding campaign was kind of struggling so I pitched in. It ultimately got funded and was in Early Access for a long time, but it also allowed them to really polish the game, so that's cool.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I'm still at the very beginning of this game. Looking forward to getting into it more. The Art looks very nice even when scaled up on my 4k TV lol

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Crosscode might be the best game of a German developer since Gothic 2? ELEX, Fast RMX, The Surge, Portal Knights and quite good but I've seen neither of them receive this degree of universal love.

Would love to play this on consoles if possible, but I think I'll have to jump in sooner.

Darktalon

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
This is one of the most polished indie games I've played. I really really love it. Everything about it just feels right. I mean they really made it so damn well.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Just getting started, but this is one of those games where you can tell it's going to be great just from the title screen.

Red Devil

Oct 29, 2017
The battle system is fun, but it could use some more enemy types. Too many oxes and hedgehogs. Though maybe I'm asking too much for indies.

Dreenk

Oct 27, 2017
An overview/recommend video came up in my Youtube recommendations, and is a pretty dead-on summation of what makes CrossCode so incredible. Check it out if you're on the fence or just curious. Light spoilers for locales and enemies, but not for story.

Deadpixel1229

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 17, 2019
Bumping this thread because CrossCode was just announced for Nintendo Switch for those that want more details.