gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I got blasted for refusing to watch this movie, I defended James Rolfe's stance on refusing to watch the 2016 movie because of the love for the 1984 movie.

I previously did the same with Robocop,
I love Robocop 1 and refused to have my vision of the original tainted by the Remake so I decided to not watch the remake

Oct 30, 2017
My little brother liked it so I gave it a chance. It was bad but I'd be lying if I said Chris didn't make me chuckle every time.

Kevin: "Would it be okay if I bring my cat to work sometimes? He has major anxiety problems."
Abby: "You know what? I would love to let your cat live here with you, but I have a pretty severe cat allergy."
Kevin: "Oh, I don't have a cat. He's a dog. His name's My Cat."
Abby: "Your dog's name is My Cat?"
Kevin: "Mike Hat."
Erin: "Your dog's name is Mike, last name Hat?"
Kevin: "Well, his full name is Michael Hat."
I always see this brought up as the funny in the movie.
Nope, don't get the funny.

Horrible movie. One of the least funny comedies I've ever seen, which is miraculous given the cast is funny.

Disco54

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
I got blasted for refusing to watch this movie, I defended James Rolfe's stance on refusing to watch the 2016 movie because of the love for the 1984 movie.

I love Robocop 1 and refused to have my vision of the original tainted by the Remake so I decided to not watch the remake

That nontroversy surrounding James Rolfe was just so stupid. So a guy decides he didn't want to watch a movie because a trailer was bad. Whoop de doo everyone does it all the time. I wish i had all the time in the world so i could take time to care about someone not watching a movie.

Oh but he made a video that would reach his entire audience who might expect a review that they won't get a review. Such a stupid excuse for a so-called controversy.

Last edited:

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Like dude, If you don't think the IP has a pretty dedicated and sizeable fanbase, you're delusional. It's an absolute cash cow if Sony had any remote clue on what to do with it.

It is a cult movie, not a huge ip. Yes it has potential as an IP but so does Cabin in the Woods.

That nontroversy was just so stupid. So a guy decides he didn't want to watch a movie because a trailer was bad. Whoop de doo everyone does it all the time. I wish i had all the time in the world to care about someone not watching a movie.

Oh but he made a video that would reach his entire audience who might expect a review that they won't get a review. Such a stupid excuse for a so-called controversy.

It is a movie reviewer saying he will not review a big movie because he didn't liked the trailer. Not only it is ridiculous that it shows a prejudice movie reviewers should not have (and he didn't had with much worst movies) but it is also ridiculously hypocrite because he reviewed the NES games BECAUSE they were shit, so it is not like he does not want anything with something bad that comes from his favorite movie.

Disco54

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
It is a cult movie, not a huge ip. Yes it has potential as an IP but so does Cabin in the Woods.

It is a movie reviewer saying he will not review a big movie because he didn't liked the trailer. Not only it is ridiculous that it shows a prejudice movie reviewers should not have but it is also ridiculously hypocrite because he reviewed the NES games BECAUSE they were shit, so it is not like he does not want anything with something bad that comes from his favorite movie.

Oh i am sorry but when has James ever reviewed everything? Did he review Fate of the Furious ? No. Did he review Incredibles 2? No. Did he review Bohemian Rhapsody? No. But strangely we have only crickets surrounding those big movies. But he doesn't want to watch Ghostbusters and all the sudden it is somehow a big deal.

I think it is hypocritical to get outraged when he doesn't review a certain movie he doesn't want to watch but somehow ignore all the other movies he hasn't reviewed.

TheFuzz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It is a movie reviewer saying he will not review a big movie because he didn't liked the trailer. Not only it is ridiculous that it shows a prejudice movie reviewers should not have (and he didn't had with much worst movies) but it is also ridiculously hypocrite because he reviewed the NES games BECAUSE they were shit, so it is not like he does not want anything with something bad that comes from his favorite movie.

Cult movies aren't Oscar-nominees who are the second-highest grossing movie of the year when they're released. You're really reaching here.

I'm not going to take anything you say seriously if you think Cabin in the Woods belongs in the discussion we are having here.

Oct 27, 2017

Man, you made two excellent choices there. Both are incredibly awful, borderline unwatchable movies. For me personally I made it to the end of Ghostbusters but pretty much hated every minute of it, whereas with Robocop I couldnt watch for more than an hour.

And calling Ghostbusters a "cult movie" is funnier than any joke in the remake.

Nov 18, 2017

Ghostbusters was much much bigger than Cabin in the Woods and has spawned a very successful animated series, sequel, videogames, comics.

GB was a mishandled IP since the early 90's. The potential is massive.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Remember when Chris Hemsworth struck a pose when he was controlling that giant group of people, like it was the start of a dance sequence... but then it wasn't a dance sequence? But it turns out they filmed a dance sequence, but didn't put it in the movie, and I guess couldn't edit around everyone having done that pose so they just left it in?

Great stuff.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal

People need to understand that Youtubers are not official movie reviewers.

A Youtuber holds no obligations as a print media reviewer does.

Rofle was right

Disco54

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
People need to understand that Youtubers are not official movie reviewers.

A Youtuber holds no obligations as a print media reviewer does.

Rofle was right

One thing that i notice about the outrage junkies during the nontroversy was that they seemed to ignore all of the current movies he didn't review. But apperently it is just this one bad movie with a bad trailer that is the problem.