Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
I never played this because I literally thought it was sunset overdrive and that game did not gel with me so I avoided this game for the longest time.

Only today did my ridiculous ass learn I was confusing it and this was its own game, THE game from Tango everyone talks about. And I loved The Evil Within. So now I'm excited to play it since it was $8 on gg deals.

But man it is fucking disheartening that Tango was slain because just in watching the first cutscene I understand I'm playing something really special here.

What am I in for?

Turrican2

Oct 28, 2017
Hamburg
Thought about buying it too, but will for sure not give any full price money to Microsoft. Will buy on a good sale on Steam and enjoy afterwards.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
I bought it on PS5 for like 20 bucks a few days ago, it's really good and looks amazing. Fuck MS!

OP
OP
Nothing Loud

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Thought about buying it too, but will for sure not give any full price money to Microsoft. Will buy on a good sale on Steam and enjoy afterwards.

I think if you buy a key from gg deals at $8 rn it's not any money that goes directly to MS anymore but idk I could be totally misinformed

toth3max

One Winged Slayer
Apr 17, 2018
I just started it this weekend thanks to humble bundle (humble choice or whatever they call it). It's an amazing game 4-5 levels in!

How they could close down this studio with this much talent because ZeniMax upper management didn't have time to manage them is soooo crazy to me.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That stage with the developer has a lot more irony now :(

This game was a fantastic surprise.

Oct 25, 2017
The gameplay is really fun but I didn't like the music at ALL. I can tell it's quality for the right audience but it's totally not my thing.

Dreamboum

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Easily one of the coolest game of all time. I will never buy an Xbox game after Hi-fi rush, fuck MS

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
I only got to it this Christmas.

It really is a great game. I think the opening couple hours are quite slow. But once all the characters and abilities open up, it becomes quite remarkable.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Few games seep polish, confidence, humor, heart and style from every orifice like Hi-Fi Rush, and Tango nailed that shit first try in a complete genre switch. I remain crestfallen at how this situation turned out.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Played it only recently myself and yeah, this game is videogame magic. Super sad there will not be a sequel.

OaklandKao

Mar 21, 2022
I need to get around to buying this on PS5. But, I'm probably going to just get a physical edition and wait for that, since I did already buy it on Steam.

Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017
Played Hi-Fi Rush on Game Pass last year, never got around to finishing it, but it's clearly a great game.

I never got around to finishing TEW2 either, but man does it suck that we'll never see a current-gen TEW3...

I genuinely believe Tango'd still be around if MS hadn't bought Bethesda.

Fuck industry consolidation. I hope the one's who were cheering for it are happy.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
I just posted this in the Xbox OT, but it's relevant to this thread, so I'll just post it here too:

So I bought HiFi Rush a couple of weeks ago for the PS5, and sort of added it to the backlog pile until I finished some other games. All of this attention on it after Tango's closure got me to boot it up this weekend, and..........

what an absolute joy this game is. One of the most original (AAA? AA+?) games I've played since forever. It's so polished, and the mechanics are so much fun to learn. It oozes style, and you can tell it was made with a lot of attention and care.

It's a bittersweet playthrough. It may have languished in my backlog had I not been inspired to play it this week.

I'm just glad it exists.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Played it when it came out, just after it was announced, and fell in love. It's not at all what I expected from Tango, and that kind of left turn was so refreshing.

It's also one of the best looking games out there. The cel shading and animation is top notch, and like any rhythm game worth it's salt, the whole world bops and sways with the beat, making it that much easier to get into the beat and do amazing combos.

Tango deserved better. It always did.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I loved .y time with the game but never actually completed it.
I had to take a long break and when I came back I had forgotten the controls and abilities and thought I'd start over but never got around to doing it.
Now's the time.

It's just very sad, I hope someone puts the whole staff together and lets them work on a sequel or whatever they feel like doing.

Oct 27, 2017
I never played this because I literally thought it was sunset overdrive and that game did not gel with me so I avoided this game for the longest time.

Only today did my ridiculous ass learn I was confusing it and this was its own game, THE game from Tango everyone talks about. And I loved The Evil Within. So now I'm excited to play it since it was $8 on gg deals.

But man it is fucking disheartening that Tango was slain because just in watching the first cutscene I understand I'm playing something really special here.

What am I in for?
Good style and heart but the gameplay can be pretty polarizing. Like all Tango games. Gave up on it and Ghostwire within a few hours since it just didn't click with me.

May 24, 2021
If you like DMC and Bayonetta, and can get into the rhythm aspects of the gameplay, it's an absolute joy.

Bought it on Steam the day it came out.

And I was going to buy it again for PS5 when the physical version dropped from LRG, but fuck if I'm convinced that's even going to happen anymore.

GulfCoastZilla

Shinra Employee
Sep 13, 2022
If you like DMC and Bayonetta, and can get into the rhythm aspects of the gameplay, it's an absolute joy.

And I was going to buy it again for PS5 when the physical version dropped from LRG, but fuck if I'm convinced that's even going to happen anymore.
Didn't they say that's still
Happening (the physical release)

OaklandKao

Mar 21, 2022

LRG did confirm it's still coming, thankfully.

Level 7 Boss

Jun 19, 2018
Despite the music being a genre I'm not familiar with or a fan off, I quite it enjoyed it. The game is fantastic, genuinely funny, charming characters, great combat and just pretty damn fun. I had a great time.

It is a real shame what happened to Tango. I hope they all land on their feet.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
The game is near perfect, except that we can't adjust the rhythm timing.

I bought it when it released on PS5, but I never play it for long because I get frustrated at how tight the timing is if I try play play on beat. The window is pretty generous, but the delay on my TV puts it all before the note, so I either have to train myself to press things earlier or accept that my just timings will stay around 50%.

Everything else is fantastic though.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Picked up the deluxe edition yesterday for £17.79 in the current PSN sale + £5 PS Stars Reward store credit. Started playing it today and really loving it so far, It looks great, runs smooth and the soundtrack is really good too., it's a quality game.

It just makes Microsoft's decision to shut Tango even more baffling, I still can't get my head around it, when they made one of the best new Xbox games in years.

Appollowexx

Oct 27, 2017
I purchased this day 1 when it dropped on PS5. Did as much as I could. I was a huge fan of Tango and Hi-Fi Rush was an incredibly charming and fun experience.

It's such a shame the studio will no longer be able to continue this series and The Evil Within.

I do plan to continue playing Hi-Fi Rush though. I beat the main campaign and now want to try the DLC modes and go for some extra trophies. Lost but never forgotten.

Neuromancer

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
I am terrible at this game. I regularly get D's in timing during combat sections, which is not great but whatever. More importantly, in moments when I have to do a very specific thing at a very specific moment to progress I just can't find the beat half the time and in many cases I die and have to restart. I have it set to easy and all the accessibility options to on and its still hard for me.

Other than that, I love the world, the story, the visuals and the overall style. I still can't believe Xbox shut this studio down, absolutely baffling.

Turrican2

Oct 28, 2017
Hamburg

Rangerx

Oct 25, 2017
Dangleberry
I cleared this a few weeks ago and was blown away at how good this was. I hadn't heard much about it either other than it was developing a cult status. Fantastic combat, platforming, a gorgeous world and funny likeable characters. Super sad that the studio has been shut down.

Tsumami

Feb 3, 2022
One of my favorite games EVER and goty last year, devastated that Tango is gone and infuriated that they were deleted when pitching a sequel