• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
If you're going through the whole lot I think the best suggestion would probably just be to follow the episode guide linked to in the OP. It allows you to exclude shows if you like. You'll end up with a mixed viewing order that stops you from getting bored of just one show (which is helpful because there's now 20 seasons of Arrowverse shows and some of them are quite weak). It also ensures that you're watching things chronologically - there usually isn't that much interaction between the shows (and when it happens it's usually self-contained), but it means you won't get stuck trying to figure out crossover episode orders.

This does leave the beginning a bit Arrow-heavy since there were no other Arrowverse shows running during the first two seasons of Arrow. Those are pretty good seasons, so you might not get tired of them, but if you do, the first 17 episodes of Supergirl's first season have no ties to any other shows so there's no need to wait to watch them. The first season of Supergirl is pretty awful, so it might not help much, but it will at least add variety if you're bored of Arrow.
Thank you for the suggestion. I'll follow the guide

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
T80RSws.gif

I'm here now.

I'm happy.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I wasn't around for the GAF threads but I assume the comparisons between Caitlin and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Simmons have already been made.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Of all the GIFs I made back then this is the only one that still ever gets used and I'm okay with that, kind of surprised though that the original link has survived so long... This is my legacy.

That's amazing. I'm going through the GAF threads as I watch these seasons and wasn't really paying attention to the user names.

But I have to say, it's actually kind of insane how quickly things have changed in just the 5-6 years since these early Arrowverse threads on GAF. People were freely using the word "retard" and there was an obscene amount of sexist posts. Kind of shocking.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap, that was brutal.

Exactly what it needed to be. No music at all and just a complete ass-beating.

Yea I remember finding that really hype at the time.

Didn't end up being that fond of the season in the end though. Also didn't help that this was around the time that Daredevil S1 came out, which really made it hard to go back to Arrow lol

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Yea I remember finding that really hype at the time.

Didn't end up being that fond of the season in the end though. Also didn't help that this was around the time that Daredevil S1 came out, which really made it hard to go back to Arrow lol

I mean, maybe the second half falls apart but I'm still quite enjoying S3. It's not as good as S2 but that feels like a hard accomplishment.

It reminds me of AoS S3 which was still very good but a step down from S2 as it didn't feel as focused.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Maybe an unpopular opinion but I really enjoy Laurel's journey into the Canary. They're not making it easy for her. She got her ass beat in the beginning and I just watched Roy save her ass again.

But it's nice seeing her just want to do the right thing, no matter how stupid and dangerous it is.

(On a negative note, the Hong Kong flashbacks don't feel necessary at all. It reeks of trying to force flashbacks into the show, which I'm sure is an opinion many had of the season.)

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe an unpopular opinion but I really enjoy Laurel's journey into the Canary. They're not making it easy for her. She got her ass beat in the beginning and I just watched Roy save her ass again.

But it's nice seeing her just want to do the right thing, no matter how stupid and dangerous it is.

(On a negative note, the Hong Kong flashbacks don't feel necessary at all. It reeks of trying to force flashbacks into the show, which I'm sure is an opinion many had of the season.)
Season 3 and 4 have the weakest flashbacks. I think the change of setting helps 3's flashbacks a bit but the actual plot, like you said, feels fairly pointless in the grand scheme of things.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Season 3 and 4 have the weakest flashbacks. I think the change of setting helps 3's flashbacks a bit but the actual plot, like you said, feels fairly pointless in the grand scheme of things.

I just find the idea of him getting off the island during this time only to end up back on it (I assume) incredibly silly.

But I'm still enjoying the non-flashback stuff just fine. I'm going along with the old GAF thread at the same time and a few people said stuff like, "This season is a piece of shit," and I'm like, "... What? Really?"

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I just find the idea of him getting off the island during this time only to end up back on it (I assume) incredibly silly.

But I'm still enjoying the non-flashback stuff just fine. I'm going along with the old GAF thread at the same time and a few people said stuff like, "This season is a piece of shit," and I'm like, "... What? Really?"

You are also binging the show in an incredibly fast way We all watched it in real time with a week between episodes, and sometimes months before a new episode. Watching it back to back eases off some of the disappointment that can occur from anticipating a plot development to occur and not having anything happen in months.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
You are also binging the show in an incredibly fast way We all watched it in real time with a week between episodes, and sometimes months before a new episode. Watching it back to back eases off some of the disappointment that can occur from anticipating a plot development to occur and not having anything happen in months.

That's true. I'm sure that's part of it.

But I dunno, I feel like hate for lesser seasons of TV shows sometimes gets overblown. I watched Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S1 week-to-week and understood its flaws but some would act as if I were watching The Cape or season 2 of Heroes. Haha.

(Legit loving Laurel in that Canary costume as well.)

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I hope this isn't considered too spoiler-y but S5 somehow makes this work and it's one of the show's greatest moments IMO.

S3's flashbacks are such a bore. I felt no connection to Oliver's new friends at all. S4's aren't much better but they lay a lot of ground work for S5 that was needed for it to succeed.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I hope this isn't considered too spoiler-y but S5 somehow makes this work and it's one of the show's greatest moments IMO.

S3's flashbacks are such a bore. I felt no connection to Oliver's new friends at all. S4's aren't much better but they lay a lot of ground work for S5 that was needed for it to succeed.

Don't say anything else but that gives me something look forward to in regard to the flashbacks.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Caitlin saying she wants to start a tab might be the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Edit: DRUNK CAITLIN YES.

Edit 2: Yo, Grant got vocals.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
tumblr_njn1y4XH461rnikqmo1_500.gif

Guys.

Guys.

I cried.

This might be my favorite scene in the entire series. This is everything that Thea finding out needed to be. What an incredibly satisfying moment.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Oh yeah, I forgot Sarah's dying again happened in the third season premiere, I was not happy.

Oy6lWBn.gif

Blugrass

Oct 25, 2017
working my way through season 7 of Arrow and im digging it, first couple of episodes were alright but it kept getting better and better. that episode in the documentary style was honestly one of the best episodes of Arrow

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Damn good string of episodes in both shows as they head toward the end of the season.

Ray and Felicity jumping over to the Flash for an episode seems a bit strange in terms of the timeline, given the heavy events of the previous Arrow episode involving Oliver's identity.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
working my way through season 7 of Arrow and im digging it, first couple of episodes were alright but it kept getting better and better. that episode in the documentary style was honestly one of the best episodes of Arrow
Probably the second best episode of the season, still preferred The Slabside Redemption for the fight scene though.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Yeah, there is really no place for the Felicity and Ray episode of The Flash to fit in on the Arrowverse timeline.

Still a fun episode but I wonder where the miscommunication was during the production.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
A quick thought after watching the first two seasons of Arrow.

It makes me think of Smallville and how one of the most irritating aspects of it was the writers needing to work around people knowing Clark's identity. People constantly being knocked out, losing their memory, etc.

I'm imagining a world where, by the end of the second season, Chloe and Lana had found out about Clark rather than just Pete. And they actually worked together on a weekly basis. The writers wouldn't have to twist themselves into pretzels. Just go with it. One of the best parts of the final two seasons of Smallville was that almost everyone knew at that point. Clark had a "team."

One of my favorite aspects of any genre show is the "family" aspect, dating back to the "Scooby Gang" or "Team Angel" on Buffy and Angel. Arrow fully embraced that and the show only improved the more people in his group found out about him.

Fuck secret identities.
At some point pretty much everybody on the planet knows who everybody is on the CW shows. So don't worry.

Oct 25, 2017
That's amazing. I'm going through the GAF threads as I watch these seasons and wasn't really paying attention to the user names.

But I have to say, it's actually kind of insane how quickly things have changed in just the 5-6 years since these early Arrowverse threads on GAF. People were freely using the word "retard" and there was an obscene amount of sexist posts. Kind of shocking.
If you mean sexist stuff about Laurel, it was definitely a known issue at the time. Think there were ban warnings about certain discussion of her.

Im rewatching Smallville right now and Lois was asked something like "what if he had a reason for keeping a secret" and her response was "that is retarded"
I was like damn, I can't even remember the last time it was used like that on tv.