Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing wrong with the laser ring. It punishes players that are slacking with hitting the blue notes consistently. It shows up for like two seconds and then it's gone. Hitting blue notes is a skill you deserve to be tested on by level 5, more than halfway through the game.

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bought this for PSVR last night. Played this morning and the view is stuck to the headset, ie. when I move my head the whole world moves. I'm sure this didn't happen in the demo, and looking at youtube vids it appears not to either. Anyone know how to change this?

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Yep. Was much easier to get perfect slides and etc in VR due to the elimination of video lag. I imagine playing it on switch in handheld mode gives a similar benefit.

Though I would also say some of the sharp rapid corner turns are easier to read in VR even compared to a 4k TV due to VR giving a less congested/narrow view of the track.

Bumping an old thread here but thought this was relevant and interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T7mg6JZZzg&feature=youtu.be&t=6m30s

It talks about how reduced latency and arguably more accessibility of an immersive state in VR makes it easier to perform better.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Just picked this up the other day in PSVR, am stuck halfway through level 6 but I love how each level is based on the Time Signature of the same number.

This feels like if Hollow Knight met Just Shapes and Beats (two of my fave games this year)

Last edited:

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Probably won't get VR for a long while but this is still like Top 20 games of all time. Been back to it these past few days and remember how engrossing it is. Don't know if I'll ever be on S+ pure perfect levels but I love it besides. Figuring out lately how I have a love of rhythm/rhythm-adjacent games like this, Elite Beat, One Finger Death Punch. The zen aspect always keeps me coming back.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I like rhythm games but I don't love thumper. It doesn't really give me that music flow feeling that other games like bit trip, guitar hero likes, eba, etc.

I think it's because I seem to rely a lot more on visual feedback and reflexes and memorization than the music itself. There's portions where that happens, but it's mostly empty face filled with short random obstacles.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
One day I'll experience this in VR.

But you know what? Not anytime soon.

Game is one of my all time favorites now too. So glad they brought this to the Switch so early on and it was brought to my attention.

RicJFNas

Oct 28, 2017
A really great game, I was surprised by how much I liked it. I still need to finish it, and the game ain't making it easy.

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
One of my favorite VR games. I think I only got up to level 4 though...I can't just jump back into it. I pretty much have to start over to reacclimate every time.

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's pretty hard to argue that the VR experience is somehow less immersive, but I've always been of the thought that even just being a camera in a linear game's space is usually worth it. My favorite launch VR game was Chronos, after all.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Really awesome game but it ramps up the difficulty pretty soon after the start (mid 2nd or 3rd level).

Oct 27, 2017
I've made it to level 6, but I'm just not having fun anymore. I love rhythm games, but the difficulty just doesn't feel fair. Most of the difficulty comes from it throwing really sharp curves at you very fast, so you can never really see what's coming up and it becomes more about pure reaction speed (or memorization test after failing enough).

I'm not playing in VR though, so that may be part of the problem. I imagine it's easier if you can turn your head to see what's coming up.