• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
animationfkf2n.gif

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1729740/Luto/

You know the drill. These games are a dime a dozen. Here's another running on Unreal Engine 4, with very impressive lighting and asset detail, incredible real time cloth physics that are proportionally accurate and simulated as weighted, and pretty solid audio direction.

Nothing groundbreaking, pretty simple, and the influence/inspiration is very obvious. But I enjoyed it enough for the spooks and mood.

Luto_Screenshot_1.png

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Looks cool. I like the brazenness of just straight-up doing bedsheet ghosts.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Everything nowadays is P.T like:

Looking forward to play this even if it is still UE4 from what it looks like.
TBF, we're getting loads of variety in the horror genre, the PT clones is just a sub genre within the genre. If you're looking hard enough, you'll see we're getting all types of horror games, from inspired PS1 style horror, action horror, unique horror, 2D horror, hide and seek horror and so on and so on. Anywho, horror fans be eatin and there's loads that I am looking forward to in the next two years.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the demo, this was really solid for yet another PT-like. The bedsheet physics are disturbingly realistic lol, definitely spooked me on a number of occasions.

Some really nice attention paid to lighting and the art and environmental detail is fantastic. I really like the somewhat soft look to the image, not sure if that's a post processing effect or what but it helps give off both a realistic and dreamlike quality which is what you like to see in these sorts of experienced.

Demo was just the right length, can't wait to play the full release. Wishlisted! Thanks for making the thread OP.

DimpleSan

Jun 16, 2020
I played through this demo, it was alright. Graphics were pretty good and the sheet animations were amazing. Love the bedsheet ghost concept.

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the demo. I loved the lighting and art! My only suggestion is higher texture resolution to match the high-quality lighting.