• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
What would really suck would be everyone convincing themselves it's a work for the Super Bowl and then it's not lol

imagine if the woke liberals went after tony the tiger

then how would tucker carlson frost his flakes every morning to thoughts of a buff tiger man while eating cereal

IIRC woke queer lefties already got Tony years ago when they had to like suspend his Twitter activity because so many furries were trying to fuck him

C'mon, they wouldn't have added the spokescandies looking worried in the bottom of the apology if it wasn't part of an ad.
Only Orange is worried and being anxious is his single character trait, and has been ever since they changed him to pretzel filling instead of crispy. Possibly even back when he was crispy too.

Red: Smartass
Yellow: Himbo
Blue: Cool
Orange: Anxious
Green: Sexy lesbian
Brown: Sexy lesbian
Purple: new, not sure, likely member of the LGBTQ+ community since she was created to promote inclusivity and flipping the status quo

This upcoming new arc sounds promising, though I'm not sure I believe the leaks that claim that the Reese's Pieces have returned from their adventures in outer space. There's no reason for them to return to Earth in its post-apocolyptic state
Except to save it duh

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
...This was worth a segment on his shitty show? The "sexy" shoes of the female M&M's? I didn't even notice the difference at first, but even after seeing it, who gives a shit? Well chuds obviously, but it amazes me that something as dumb as this pisses them off.
What else do Republicans have to talk about on their shows outside of culture war bullshit? They have zero political/economic/etc platforms to help their constituents, it's just outrage and owning the libs

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
SpankyDoodle

they weren't trying to cancel him tho, they just wanted to spanky his doodle.

BIG KELLOGS took away their nude buff tiger man meat away from twitter because they couldn't handle the fact they created something with so much raw sex appeal that people became instantly thirsty at the thought of him.

won't someone please think of the horny on mains at twitter?

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
SpankyDoodle

they weren't trying to cancel him tho, they just wanted to spanky his doodle.

BIG KELLOGS took away their nude buff tiger man meat away from twitter because they couldn't handle the fact they created something with so much raw sex appeal that people became instantly thirsty at the thought of him.

won't someone please think of the horny on mains at twitter?
Oh true good point

And also yes seriously please, they only have one need and a well balanced breakfast is the most important meal of the day!

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What else do Republicans have to talk about on their shows outside of culture war bullshit? They have zero political/economic/etc platforms to help their constituents, it's just outrage and owning the libs

Yeah this is all they live for at this point.

And all of the right-wing hosts try to one-up each other on perceived slights to keep people angry. It's just pathetic, really.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly I'm a little tired of these companies engaging the right like this...the right complain about everything no matter how innocuous and "playing along" like this seems to be just reinforces their audience's notion (who are presumably believing it and aremt grifting like the hosts) that they're under attack.

I would just ignore them.

FinalArcadia

Nov 4, 2020
USA
Literally had to look at the date to make sure I wasn't somehow on April 1.

This is a goofy decision if it's legit and not some marketing stunt. And I would ALWAYS rather have fictional, fun-looking characters as mascots/spokespeople than a real person/celebrity.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Any mark thinking this is "real" doesn't know it's a work when you work a work and is working themselves into a shoot.

This is a (not particularly long) build for their Super Bowl ad.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Companies parasitically using progressive messaging bad enough, having them lean into the idiotic reactionary tantrums is going to be insufferable.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's weird that the right are going with "they're not sexy enough" when there's a huge push all of a sudden to ban woman's exposed arms in the right wing sphere.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
The imposter M&M just got out of jail and is looking to take revenge.
latest

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Tucker Carlson was right and I'm goddamn tired of pretending otherwise. If the green M&M wasn't supposed to be fuckable, the founding fathers wouldn't have put it in the Constitution as the 0th amendment.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
My conspiracy theory is that every bit of this was planned. Tucker's team agreed to do a bit about the green M&M after Mars changed the design so they could do all of this.

thecowboypoet

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How the hell did I not know that was her in the Rentals? So I'm guessing that was her in That Dog too lol
She wasn't in That Dog, that was the Haden sisters, but she played live with the Rentals in the Return of the Rentals era, there's some really cool recordings of that tour with her singing with Matt floating around... look for Excellent Stocking Stuffer. She sings on the best song from Seven More Minutes, My Head Is In The Sun (co-written by Rivers!).

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
AMC is still running the same fake movie ad starring the M&Ms that's been out there for like five years now, so I'm not buying this.

Whales

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, what? Is this a parody of some other PR statement M&Ms is doing as a joke, or are they serious? Was there an M&Ms controversy last year that nobody noticed?

they changed the green? MnMs from high heels to shoes and boomers got mad about it

you know the usual ''poLitiCal cOrRectNeSs ruIninG eVerYthInG'' energy over candy shoes

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
It's a marketing gimmick just like the shoes. There's a food theory episode on how m&m is doing its marketing to grab attention and it's working.

Now if only the candies tasted better.

BigMack

Oct 27, 2017
Random OT thought but how come they've never made a feature length movie using these characters?

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
This entire forum exists because people care about fictional characters so not sure that's an improvement over the original
I getcha. But they're characters in ads; i.e., they only exist to sell you a product to pad the bank accounts of billionaires. I can't wrap my brain around developing an attachment to such decidedly cynical creations as that.