• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sir Wiart

Mar 11, 2024
Canada
Psycho next gen. Only if I knew they filmed this in Ontario, would have gone to filming locations nearby for some autographs. Just like majority of movies filmed in Canada, won't do well in theatres. Its like a curse.

Last edited:

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
well that looks interesting!
It seems spoilery but it's Shyamalan so it could be a diversion lol
basically. im already thinking that revealing shot in the trailer is like
not his phone and the butcher slipped it into his jacket and its from the end of the first act where he's being setup to look like the butcher for the police but they're omitting the right cuts from the full film to make it look like Hartnett's phone

Apr 4, 2022
I don't think that's the big twist. That feels like it's setting up the premise and stuff you'd probably find out in the first 10-15 minutes.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
How spoilery is it? Safe to watch?
Stop at 1:40 when it flashes THIS AUGUST, it's a solid teaser up to that point (OP, maybe add that to the OP? It's really not bad if you stop it at that timestamp )

I went about 20 seconds further and wish I had stopped

That said, I'm fucking in. I'm on team Old is his third best movie so gimmie more of the weird awkward M Night shit into my veins

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
That's the premise, not the twist.

The daughter was the one to tip the feds.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
People be logical for a second. If protagonist was the killer wouldn't everyone likely already know what he looks like? Which means they would have found him before he even was able to get inside the building? Or would have spotted him walking around on the inside since they're checking everyone. That's obviously not the twist lol.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Why are people saying that's the twist? It's the premise of the movie. It would be like thinking the twist of the Sixth Sense is that Haley Joel Osment can see dead people "wHy wOUlD thEY reVEaL thAT in a TrAiLeR?"

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Come on y'all, it's pretty obvious that isn't the twist but the premise...

Why are people saying that's the twist? It's the premise of the movie. It would be like thinking the twist of the Sixth Sense is that Haley Joel Osment can see dead people "wHy wOUlD thEY reVEaL thAT in a TrAiLeR?"
Right!

demi

Oct 27, 2017
That's Josh Hartnett? I guess it's been a bit since I've seen The Faculty, lol

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone complaining they gave the twist away when it sounds like that's the basic premise to the movie.

Oct 27, 2017
Yea, this looks pretty interesting.

Also, the premise is not the twist people. There is definitely something more at play here.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
I'm intrigued. Hopefully the movie itself is good because M. Night tends to have interesting premises that fall apart by the time the movies over.

phranc

Nov 13, 2017
So is it the premise or the twist that it appears the main character is the serial killer?

Last edited:

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Happy to see Josh "back".

And y'all overreacting about "the twist" - it seems to be exactly the premise of the film.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
If it wasn't for Shyamalans' name attached I would have said this is a solid premise for a thriller.
It is the classic "bomb under the table" hithcock scenario....

But since it is shyamalans it will be revealed that lady reaven is the actual serial killer or something shit like this

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a good setup, I don't really trust Shyamalan to stick the landing at this point though.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Pretty sure that's just the first act reveal. Tough to market it without giving that away really as even the faintest mention of a killer would have people saying "Oh it's Hartnett isn't it?"

If they set this up nice and early I kinda love the concept.

UpwardRapier

Jan 22, 2020
Gonna guess here, Shyamalan is probably setting the movie up like "Let The Right One In" where the viewer believes the murderer is the concerned father but instead, it was the daughter who was evil.