• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Im in for this, think the premise is a lot of fun.

Don't see Hartnett being the killer, that being revealed in a Shyamyalan trailer of all things is too clear cut.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I felt like what's in the trailer is less "the big twist" than it is the central concept of the film.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
My guess is ....
gonna be that the daughter is also a serial killer and is in on it and the end of the movie will be her getting home, going down to the basement and killing the dude they have locked up

but who knows. Also.... do we really have to spoiler guesses? :-D

Sir Wiart

Mar 11, 2024
Canada
Remember guys Josh basically went on hiatus for over 10yrs and just until recently maybe 6-7yrs ago (that vampire/monster tv show one of the first things he did) came back to act once again.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I'm okay with the Josh Hartnett renaissance.

I always thought he'd be a bigger star since he seemed a decent enough actor and my bi-curious ass always wanted to see him on screen.

calling it, daughter's a vampire

Honestly, with all the wild guesses in this thread, I wouldn't be surprised if she's some kind of supernatural creature.

He might be like her dad but also her "familiar".

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
lol. I had never heard of the musician, Saleka. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that she's Saleka Shyamalan

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
Josh Hartnett was in a great episode of Black Mirror too. I almost didn't recognize him.

Black-Mirror-Season-6-Netflix-02-1a115f676a874208ac3fcde5dcd72f55.jpg

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Lady Raven is the killer and she paid off the cops to keep everyone inside.

Guessing twists is fun.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
The twist is everyone at the venue is the serial killer.
The twist is this is actually a very loose adaptation of Shuffle Gakuen and the second act starts with the police deploying an experimental weapon on the venue that traps it in a parallel dimension and everyone in the venue swaps bodies.

Sep 18, 2023
I'm not as much of a Shyamalan reclamationist as some—Old and Split are bad to fine—but I did think Knock at the Cabin was super good. Hopeful for this.

His daughter playing the pop star had an album come out a year or two ago via Universal that got no attention lol. Can't blame M Night for trying to make it happen for her though.

Another family tie: in the background you can see a billboard for The Watchers, the feature directorial debut from his other daughter Ishana that releases in June.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Lol at thinking that they spoiled the twist of the movie in this trailer. For an M Night movie no less.

CupOfDoom

Dec 17, 2017
If I know one thing about the police, its that they love cuing in random cashiers into their sting operations.

The least believable part of the trailer was the dude being weirded out by the police presence and cameras at a concert. This is america, and what not, and there are always lots of police and cameras at any stadium event.

Sir Wiart

Mar 11, 2024
Canada
Lol I can immediately tell this is GM Place. Had no idea they filmed it here. Josh still looking gud.

I believe they only filmed in Ontario:

www.insauga.com

M. Night Shyamalan’s thriller being filmed in Ontario cities Mississauga, Milton and Hamilton | insauga

Production has begun in Milton on Good Grades, a psychological thriller from acclaimed director M. Night Shyamalan. Filming has also taken place in Mississauga and Hamilton over the past few weeks. Shyamalan is best known for making original films with contemporary supernatural plots and twist...

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
And I feel like it kind of ruins the twist of the movie immediately.

Extremely. I feel like the big twist of the movie is revealed in it. Safe to watch from a content perspective? Sure.

Not spoilery at all.

It would be like watching Dexter the TV show and being shocked that Dexter is the killer.

Granted this trailer might be a misdirect, but from the premise.
The Father is the Butcher, from there its cat and mouse shit till the ending......if theres a twist, theres lots of space to put one in that very very loose synopsis.

Sir Wiart

Mar 11, 2024
Canada

DarkOxygen

Oct 30, 2017
The fact that the film's official premise is worded as (paraphrasing) "a Father and Daughter find themselves in the middle of a dark and sinister event" actually makes me lean towards Raven being the butcher, and this is a mass murder event.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I didn't like was how the dude working the merch stand knew the entire plan that the Police and other investigators had to trap the killer in the stadium. That was just weird to me, but it's a part of the twist.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
The fact that the film's official premise is worded as (paraphrasing) "a Father and Daughter find themselves in the middle of a dark and sinister event" actually makes me lean towards Raven being the butcher, and this is a mass murder event.
I dunno. The trailer shows the dad checking a live stream of a victim he has tied up at home. I do feel like the "twist" could be that he's actually the one that set the trap; after all, who tipped off the police? I guess maybe it could be that it's not his phone but he sure looks happy at what he sees. The guy telling him about the trap is to throw the audience off from the idea that he knew all along.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I mean, if the trailer 'twist' was the film's twist it would fucking suck. So I'm glad that doesn't appear to be the case lol

Maybe it's like a Benny's Video situation or something. Could be cool