• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Tim Miller is directing, with James Cameron and Skydance's David Ellison producing. Skydance is also financing the pic.

Billy Ray has signed on to polish the script that is based on a story conceived by Cameron, Miller, and Ellison.

Linda Hamilton and Arnold Schwarzenegger are returning to the franchise. Plot details are being kept under wraps, although Cameron has said that the film will be a direct sequel to "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" since he played no part in the recent installments.

According to insiders, Davis would be one of the new faces of rebooted franchise, in the vein of Schwarzenegger's robotic assassin. Miller and Cameron are still looking for the protagonist who would take over for Hamilton's character. Sources say Davis has been the studio and Miller's top choice for a while, but the casting needed sign off from Cameron, who is currently filming the "Avatar" sequels.

The pic is set to bow on July 26, 2019.

Best known for her role as computer hacker Cameron Howe on AMC's "Halt and Catch Fire" and Yorkie in "Black Mirror's" Golden Globe-winning "San Junipero" episode, Davis has also had major roles in the films "That Awkward Moment" and "The Martian."

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/m...oot-1202719960/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Why wouldn't it be a direct sequel to T2? That's the most recent Terminator movie.

that I have bothered to see.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
puGgd4K.gif

Time to get the rest of HACF.

Lee Pace as the TC-64

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
From the production company that brought you Terminator: Genysyszz

And Geostorm

And tried to clip the nuts of Annihilation but settled for just slicing its Achilles internationally

Comes the latest entry in the most convoluted, disappointing, who-gives-a-shit-anymore franchise of all time

James Cameron says, "This is the one, people. For real this time. Really!"

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017

And Geostorm

And tried to clip the nuts of Annihilation but settled for just slicing its Achilles internationally

Comes the latest entry in the most convoluted, disappointing, who-gives-a-shit-anymore franchise of all time

Sold!

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I am not going to stop people from beating a dead horse, but I got jokes and they will flow

Nimurai

Oct 28, 2017

And Geostorm

To be fair, this is the first one since the first two that James Cameron has any actual involvement in. Additionally, it's the first since those to have a halfway decent director, and Linda Hamilton is back AND it ignores all the garbage one's story wise. No reason to expect another Br2049 or anything, but I would be shocked if it wasn't at least decent.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
I hope this movie takes notes from the original.

Be more of a horror film.

Doesn't have to be straight up horror.

I'm all for a suspense-action flick. Not sure about Linda's addition to the script though.

maxresdefault.jpg

She just seems so tired. Cameron loves to still loves to talk about how Sarah Connor by-way-of Linda Hamilton is the standard for badass feminist action stars. I don't know what her role would be at this point to be quite honest, if for nothing else than to die tragically.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
To be fair, this is the first one since the first two that James Cameron has any actual involvement in. Additionally, it's the first since those to have a halfway decent director, and Linda Hamilton is back AND it ignores all the garbage one's story wise. No reason to expect another Br2049 or anything, but I would be shocked if it wasn't at least decent.
Huh, I've not followed the news on this at all, but this brings me hope.

Edit: @above, people age dude. She can be old and badass in other ways.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I promised myself I'd never watch another Terminator after Genysis but then they go and do this.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the only way to repair Aliens and Terminator is to do a high budget tv series.

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
Let this franchise die already! It ended after Judgement Day for me anyways.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
She's a great choice for a good Terminator movie. I just hope this doesn't turn to shit and hurt her career.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
That Awkward Moment when you don't mention Blade Runner 2049.

Also, Cameron Howe being the uncredited developer of Skynet makes too much sense in the context of Halt and Catch Fire. I could actually believe it.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
I don't have any hopes and that casting choice is still baffling to me. She's a good actress, but not an action film material imo. Hopefully I'm wrong.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Love her. The entire run of "Halt and Catch Fire" is on Netflix. Watch it now if you've never heard of it. The first season is a little rough, but it picks up from there. Hell, watch a recap of season one if you have to. Just don't skip the later ones!

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017

And Geostorm

My thoughts exactly

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I don't have any hopes and that casting choice is still baffling to me. She's a good actress, but not an action film material imo. Hopefully I'm wrong.
I don't know. She's the type of actress I could see fitting right in on an Alien film or Terminator. She has a tough look but is an exceptional actress as well. I feel like I have been waiting for her career to really take off for a while now.

I'm a little nervous about her being in this film though. I have faith she read that script thoroughly to make sure it wasn't going to be another shit fest.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let terminator die already. What a terrible franchise

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
I thought her acting was a lot stronger in Halt and Catch Fire than in San Junipero (to be fair, it's comparing one episode to a series). I hope her career takes off.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017

And Geostorm

Pretty much.

I don't understand how people still are invested in a franchise that gets worse and worse with every new entry.