disparate

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine splitting off OS features into Play Services makes more years of OS updates easier.

DrAg0nBoY

Oct 28, 2017
MKBHD already has a video about the new phones out:
www.youtube.com

Google Pixel 8/8 Pro Impressions: Software Magic!

Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro hands-on and first look!Get a dbrand Ghost Case at https://dbrand.com/ghost/pixel-8-proMKBHD Merch: http://shop.MKBHD.comTech I'm usi...

Those camera software tricks look/sound mindblowing to me.

Last edited:

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
Interested in switch to ATT from Tmobile (mostly because of this deal), but it specifically needs me to have a ATT login already active. Super disappointed if thats going to block me from preordering.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
At this point is it worth it to *not* go with the Pro? I'm on a 6 (non-Pro) with a failing battery and a small crack in the top left corner.

$999 is a big pill to swallow and my trade in estimate is about $165. Free Buds is really tempting tho...

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh, I'm more interested in Android 14, but iterative updates aren't a bad thing.

I bet the pixel 10 is the one to get

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
FYI Best Buy seems to be adding a promotional trade-in credit towards Pixel 8 purchases. It isn't appearing on all the phones right now (Only the black Pixel 8) but I got over $600 for my 13 Mini which is more than it retails for, ended up costing just over $100 for the Pixel 8 after I trade in my old device.

ZedLilIndPum

Oct 27, 2017
Does the face fix feature work for cats? Asking for a friend who doesn't have enough human friends for group shots :P

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
Mhmm me and wife still have galaxy s9+... wondering if getting 8 is worth it. Was debating onn7th last year but so many complaints that I heard put me off

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Lol increase price of phone and watch. Trade in value is $250 for my pixel 7 in Canada. I'm definitely switching to iPhone when my devices stop working. I have $150 credit on Google store and I don't even want to use it. Big joke ting.

Connope

Mar 6, 2022
At this point is it worth it to *not* go with the Pro? I'm on a 6 (non-Pro) with a failing battery and a small crack in the top left corner.

$999 is a big pill to swallow and my trade in estimate is about $165. Free Buds is really tempting tho...
If the non-Pro is your preferred phone size.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
what is the magnetic case-looking thing? It's 10$ more than the standard case. Is it just a magnetic case? Is it worth it?

DiscoThunder

May 7, 2019
As an European, its a pretty easy choice to pick up an S23 Ultra Snapdragon for the same price as the 8 Pro.

Oct 27, 2017
Was thinking about trading in S22 Ultra. Now I think I'll wait for black Friday and hopefully get a good deal on a S23 Ultra with trade in or wait for S24 Ultra.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
how does upgrading work with google fi. i have a line already. does buying it add a new line or is there somewhere i can do an upgrade so that it knows or something?

oh wait. it has a sim card. nevermind lol

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I need to figure out how to maximize savings for a Pixel 8 + Watch 2 LTE.

I am already on Google Fi Unlimited Plus, so the watch won't incur any new costs, and I have a 6a and a Fitbit Sense to trade in. Can I trade in both? Will I still get the $200 credit for the watch by buying the Pixel 8?

I tried going through the process and it only allowed me to trade in my phone, but not my Sense too. Total for P8, case, PW2, 2 year plan on P8, and monthly plan on PW2, was around $1100, and then my 6a trade in brought it down to a little under $900. Not bad I guess.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Maybe I'm being stupid, but how does an LTE watch actually work? Do I need to insert a sim card to it? I know this is a stupid question, but just wondering about the logistics. 🙃

Klotera

Oct 27, 2017
So, I ended up changing plans and ordering from Google Store. $400 back for my P6P plus the free (well, $50 for the LTE) Watch 2. Plus, the storage upgrade being only $50 this time takes the sting off a bit. Once I sell the original Pixel Watch, I'll probably be out around $600-ish to upgrade my P6P and Pixel Watch, while also upping my storage.

The face unlock now working for payments might make the fingerprint unlock be less of an issue. A lot of people might just switch to straight face unlock now.

I do find it interesting that so many of the coolest announced features aren't going to be there for launch. Would be some big differentiators from the competition that they could really promote if they were available right away. The video boost at night looks incredible if it works like they show.

Dozer

May 30, 2019
Orlando, FL
Trade-in values seem to be better across the board at Best buy, compared to the Google store. Only downside seems to be you only get the black watch, can't pick a color

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Were there decent pixel deals last black Friday? Wondering if I should wait it out

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
It really sucks that the ear buds only come with the regular Pixel 8 :(
I want the Pro, but a watch... Come on. Such a superfluous product in 2023.

Connope

Mar 6, 2022
Google getting to a normal sized screen 0.1 inches at a time.

We're going to get another phone that doesn't immediately get dismissed for being above the absolute maximum usable size in about 3 years, and then we're going to get one with an actual reasonable size in about a decade. Exciting.
Well that dream's dead:

View: https://twitter.com/DSCCRoss/status/1709582405231649170

This is also why I don't like the "never buy first gen Google hardware" thing. The Fold 2 is going to be a completely different phone to the Fold 1 and isn't even going to have its main selling point.

Connope

Mar 6, 2022
It really sucks that the ear buds only come with the regular Pixel 8 :(
I want the Pro, but a watch... Come on. Such a superfluous product in 2023.

You can choose either watch or buds for the 8 Pro on Google Store.
Even though that's possible it's still going to be better to choose the watch, sell the watch, then buy the buds (or another pair of buds!) for less than you sold the watch for.

ZedLilIndPum

Oct 27, 2017
Trade-in values seem to be better across the board at Best buy, compared to the Google store. Only downside seems to be you only get the black watch, can't pick a color

Yeah it's straight up better at Best buy, even for an unlocked phone. Hard to justify the price difference for the watch body only (can always swap in a different band).

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I'm not getting a chance to do a trade in with the Pro at Best Buy?