• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
Think this deserves a new thread.

Make a Malaysian account and grab it quickly! (sorry for the typo in the title)

Edit: Looks like it's dead now.

Last edited:

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, too bad I am super lazy when it comes to stuff like that.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, even if I could be bothered to make an account, I'm not gonna capitalize on a clear mistake.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
i have mafia 2 on PC which is apparently getting a free upgrade so not interested but how does cross country buys work on your PS4, do you just login as that extra account and then you can download and play? You won't be able to do any multiplayer (US/EU/etc) though, right? I guess that doesn't matter. Wonder if Mafia 2 DE has all the DLCs built into the base.

and yeah in the past Sony has yoinked these kind of errors out of peoples accounts, i guess if you never put your PS4 back online it would stay but i play multiplayer games pretty much every day

Screenshot_20200519-151828.jpg

BigSkinny0310

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
So I sign in to my Malaysian account, download it, and then switch back to my main and play it?

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
it is indeed very quick to grab. just remember to make the account primary on your ps4.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Thank you, got it! Had an E-Mail left that's not bound to a PS4 account so creating another one is pretty easy via browser these days.

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
I just did it just so I can say that I was quick enough for at least this one lol
will end up buying whole pack anyways

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Yep, done.

And for those interested all the DLC's for Mafia 3 are free if you already have the game. And you get the definitive edition with a patch I think, not sure there's any upgrade tho.

Nvm I guess it's just the deluxe edition nothing else.

Last edited:

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
Still available, got it

Only took like 5 mins to create account, was actually gonna buy it too as I love mafia 2 and have already brought it on PS3, Xbox and pc ...
I will also buy mafia 1 when available.
Thanks!

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
SWEET.

Thanks for the heads up. Missed that Yakuza Best Buy deal but got this.

Took all but 2 minutes to create a dummy account and the game's downloading as we speak.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Added, so how do I get this on my PS4 exactly? Just sign out and sign in under the new account? Download, then log out and back into regular account?

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks op. Gonna switch to offline after downloading, so I can at least play it through once before they take it away.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
I've never made an account this fast, lmao. Got it and it's downloading right now, thanks!

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
Also how does it work? I made a new user and this game is downloading, so I need to make this account my primary or will it just appear on my primary account?

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks op. Gonna switch to offline after downloading, so I can at least play it through once before they take it away.

Can't think of many times, if any where they took back the license for a game released as free. Can go as far back as God of War Ascension on PS3 tbh and I still have that.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Still available, got it

Only took like 5 mins to create account, was actually gonna buy it too as I love mafia 2 and have already brought it on PS3, Xbox and pc ...
I will also buy mafia 1 when available.
Thanks!

I'm really thankful for this cause I would have never bought it cause the PS4 Version is an incredibly bad port, but I will keep an eye on the 1 remake.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
Can't think of many times, if any where they took back the license for a game released as free. Can go as far back as God of War Ascension on PS3 tbh and I still have that.
There was some rhythm game for PS4 that was revoked after a few days. I have Knack 2 still too, but that's a Sony game. 3rd parties might want their games back.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Made an account but just getting:

"You are not eligible to purchase or download this content" :C