• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
image0.png

Thank you nin for the banner!
Whether you've played Town of Salem, One Night Ultimate Werewolf, traditional Mafia, have always had an interest, or just thought this thread looked interesting - welcome! Our forum mafia community is always open to new players and we love seeing new faces join our games. Go ahead and introduce yourself in this thread and we'll help get you in a game as soon as we can!

u0t0Uhz.png

Mafia, or Werewolf, is a secretively team-based "whodunnit?" deception—elimination game played over consecutive rounds of DAY and NIGHT. Two (2) teams/Alignments, "Town" & "Mafia," compete to be the last faction alive or in majority.

Each Town-aligned player starts the game not knowing who else is Town, and don't know who's Mafia...
...but all Mafia-aligned players, start the game knowing the identities of their Mafia teammates.

During the DAY, all players are allowed to talk with each other in the game-thread, to vote out one (1) player whom they suspect is Mafia.
A DAY typically lasts for 48hrs real-time.
Town wins once all the Mafia are eliminated.

But during the NIGHT; talking is banned, except for the Mafia who can still whisper together in a private chat and can KILL one (1) player.
A NIGHT typically lasts for 24hrs real-time.
Mafia wins once they outnumber Town.

However, survival's not off charisma alone. Granted by the game's Host before beginning, everybody has a "Role" to play, and some of them have Powers: special abilities that may help reveal truths, or work to support lies!

Want to see an example of a game? Check some out HERE!
poHnry6.png

Playing a game with us is very simple: just fill out the form below and sign up for our website! New players always get priority!

Name:
Nickname (optional):
Pronoun:
Timezone (UTC format):

Click the image to go to our website where we host spectator chats, secret game chats, and more!
Unless stated otherwise, all our games are hosted on Era.

YAEMexB.png

A Mafia game is a significant time commitment. Our games can take about a month to play, and you'll be expected to post and contribute to the ongoing discussion to help your team win. And don't forget to follow ResetEra's ToS and Member Etiquette. Though this is a game about lies and deception and things can get heated, this is just a game at the end of the day and we're all here to have fun.

But most importantly, welcome! Through various games, gambits, jokes, wins, losses, upsets, betrayals and triumphs we have formed a community of individuals who have become something like a family. We hope you will join us in our love of this game and give it a shot. You never know what might happen.

⊱≺ ⛯ ≻⊰

The MafiEra Team (CaptainNuevo, Dr. Monkey, Fireblend, Natiko, and Sawneeks)

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
7wtcjoS.png

russian_doll_banner_final.png

Thank you Randomless for the banner!
Name: Russian Doll Mafia
Gamerunner: Natiko
Players: 15
Complexity: Bastard Role Madness
Day/Twilight Cycle: 48/24*

"🎵Over and over🎵

You woke up today thinking it was like any other day. You and 14 of your closest friends were going to get together for a celebration. However, this party has some unexpected surprises in store… can you figure out who to trust, and more importantly, who is not quite who they seem? Sign up now and find out in this nightless (but not majority only lol) bastard game of mafia.

🎵Over and over🎵

You woke up today thinking it was like any other day.."

*Note that this game is Nightless, meaning there is no Night Phase. However, the game does run on a normal schedule of 48 hour Days and then a 24 hour Twilight phase where no one is allowed to post in the game thread.

upcminggames.png

1. The Thing by AllThingsPurple & Zippedpinhead
  2. Star Trek: The Next Generation by Fanto
  3. Nier Automata by lokiduck & Verelios
  4. Mini Mafia VII: Nightless Mafia by Fanto & Natiko
  5. Dad Joke by MrHedin
  6. Russian Doll by Natiko

Note these are subject to change at any point.
Olb8Ksj.png

List of Seasons 1 - 9 games
List of Seasons 10 - 20 games

Special thanks to all team members who helped during the previous season and our wonderful gamerunners for creating, and running, those games! Thank you:

• Aeleus
  • lokiduck
  • Verelios
  • MrHedin

Last edited:

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
XfvTjEf.png

Interested in running your own Mafia game? Click here for more info!
⊱≺ ⛯ ≻⊰
Want to know how many games you've won or don't know a certain mafia term?
Check out our game resources for that and more!

MafiEra R&D
Fireblend has created a set of tools to help streamline the forum mafia experience for those who'd like to use them! (Note: the vote tool is required for use in games.)
  • MafiEra Vote Tool, a website that allows you to see a game's current post and vote counts, and other features like checking in which phase a player left the game, who were the winners, and more!
  • Vote Tool userscript (Era|OM) - allows the user to see the current game's vote count at the top and bottom of a page.
  • Isolating Posts (ISO) userscript - allows the user to search all posts from a single player with a handy button.
  • PlayerInfo userscript - allows the user to access the player list at any time in the reply box.
Mafia championships
Beginning in 2016 our community has been invited to the annual Mafia Championships hosted by Mafia Universe. Over 225 different forum mafia communities have participated in this event with hundreds of different players over the years. Representing us in these games are:
  • Sorian, who played in Season 3, Game 5; then the Final Game and got 4th place!
  • Ty4on and Natiko played in Season 4, Game 8!
  • Dr. Monkey with CaptainNuevo as a back-up! Monkey has played in Season 5, Game 7, in Wildcard Game 2, and in the finals!
  • Faddy played in Season 6, Game 4!
  • Dr. Monkey with TheChuggernaut as back-up! Monkey played all the way to the Finals!
Mentorship program
For new and returning players who would like some assistance, we offer a mentorship program. These mentors can not play the game for you or answer direct questions such as 'who should I vote for?' but can help with mafia terminology, general strategy, and other minor questions. If you are interested in requesting a mentor, please contact your gamerunner.

For veteran players, if you would like to offer your assistance to the mentorship program please contact Sawneeks, or let us know in this thread.

MafiEra Hangouts
Discord: Post in this thread or PM a member of the Discord Team for an invite!
Steam: OuterMafia, managed by Roytheone.
PSN: OuterMafia, managed by RetroMG.
MafiEra's Monthly Book Club, hosted by Flatearthpandas and Fireblend. Book selection, voting, and discussion happen on Discord. Come read with us!

NXhnteB.png

Facilitators
Responsible for leading all teams and representing the community
Discord Team
Responsible for keeping peace in Discord, creating and removing rooms as needed, and giving and revoking access to private rooms.
Outer Mafia Team
Responsible for creating forum boards and giving access to them
Review Team
Responsible for receiving new Mafia game submissions and coordinating gamerunners and reviewers to get games ready to run
Scheduling Team
Responsible for scheduling games, creating rosters, and keeping analytics

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Name: EvilChameleon
Nickname: EC
Pronouns: he/him
Timezone: UTC-4

Normally I don't do three games in a row, but I'll make an exception for the kickoff to this season.

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
OT12, can you imagine?

I really want to sign up for this one (I LOVE THE THING!!!! OMG SO MUCH) but it's such bad timing for me. Will probs just do replacements but I'm gonna sit and think for a day.

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
I said it once I'll say it a thousand times. The Thing is the best movie of all time.

Name: HPsauce/HP
Pronouns : He/Him
Timezone : UTC +1

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Name: Z-Beat
Nickname: Zbeat
Prounouns: he/him
Timezone: UTC-8

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
Since I can't play it, can I get spec access for The Thing please? Really looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

I really recommend signing up for this one if you're at all interested - ATP and Zipped have put together a great game, and I think it's going to turn out to be a very memorable one.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
That new thread smell. Put me in coach!

Vere
He/Him
UTC-5

giphy.gif

Ya'll got me looking at that variable player count and saying 'I gotta play'.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Since I can't play it, can I get spec access for The Thing please? Really looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

I really recommend signing up for this one if you're at all interested - ATP and Zipped have put together a great game, and I think it's going to turn out to be a very memorable one.

You gonna make me blush!

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
I have no idea what the Thing is other than the FF character.

MrHedin/Hedin
He/Him
UTC - 4

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I also really, really wanna play in Star Trek having never played in a Fanto game and in Nier: Automata, but I'm just going to assume in advance that priority will wreck me at some point.

Also hey, at least a couple of smaller games this season - though I wouldn't say they're normal... lol

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
i need to excuse myself from all replacement duties so I will take some comfy spec access when it goes up

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

Well, i think it is indeed time to do it again.
It is always this feeling you are coming back to a great party :)

Cant wait to play with y'all again aswell as enjoy or suffer together.

Name: nin
Nickname: nin
Pronouns: he/him
Timezone: UTC+1

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Would like to play, but don't want to push a regular out for a spot. Do they usually fill to capacity?
Our games do fill to capacity, but we love when new players join us and always make a point to get them into the game they sign up for. If you're interested you should go for it! We'd be glad to have you.

Edit: See lmao

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
was going to save myself for John Goodman [Mafia] but I suppose I have time to do THE THING

Blargonaut
he/him
utc+8

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Most of the time, but you should sign up if you want to play! We always like having killing new players

Fixed that for you.

Everyone here was new at some point, though. I would only suggest you not start with a bastard game, but maybe you're a crazy person, so who knows.

Edit: Oh it's only one game starting up. Fuck it then, sign up!

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Anex
He/Him
UTC-4

I have run and played a lot of werewolf in the past, both in person and other forums. Hopefully I'll assimilate without much issue!