Fran

Oct 25, 2017
And that threat is something that doesn't make sense for scum!CeeCee or neutral!CeeCee to make, as I've said before. I get that it's some nuclear-grade dumb shit and it's hard to wrap your head around it coming from a townie, but the alternatives are even more farfetched.

It does if you are his scum partner.

Just saying.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For record keeping: who here is comfortable, at this point, letting CeeCee both live and do as he wishes with his shots. Many people wish to see him live but I am unsure if that wish has the condition of following orders or not.

Me as well, I'm actively against calling his shots for him because then he has no accountability.

Also if Ketkat was more at risk, Why did he did that paranoid post?

You're trying to argue this as if everyone is a perfect player, dumb shit does not always equal scum. CeeCee was not in real danger yet, even drunk, Stan was never going o turbo that early and before the direct threat, CeeCee probably wasn't even the likely lynch. But CeeCee escalated out of fear and it went from there. Shit happens and you need I actually look through the lens of the person instead of just putting down a blanket idea of what best practice is.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
For record keeping: who here is comfortable, at this point, letting CeeCee both live and do as he wishes with his shots. Many people wish to see him live but I am unsure if that wish has the condition of following orders or not.
I want him to live but not do as he pleases. I would like him to shoot whoever is top of voting after a set amount of time.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Stan seemed to pick up on it, he made the mistake of hesitating but he clearly knew what was coming, IMO.
Agreed. Stan knew he got done dirty, but by then it was already too late.

CeeCee didn't come to negotiate, he had clear intention of murdering Stan if he didn't immediately back down, which obviously didn't happen.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
My point. Why was he so paranoid if he were town?

You don't shoot another townie because you fear that he COULD make a mistake D1.
But you're ignoring Sorian's point here, which is that you may have done that, but no one sent CeeCee that memo about how he should go about doing things. People have made far worse plays as Town, like my example about Melon in GoT from earlier. (Sorry Melon, I still love you)

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do you really want someone that just shot our leader to be able to shoot whoever he wants?

Sure, more of me thought Stan was town than scum but I had slight niggles that I talked about yesterday. We had no way to know. I don't like how he went about that kill but Stan could have been scum and then this conversation would be wildly different.

Vigs exist in games and yeah, they usually are making their own decisions, even if they were wrong on their first choice.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
People like playing mafia. People fear dying D1. Feelings are not rocket science

But the same can be said about scum or neutral. All of you keep going the WIFOM route saying that scum or a neutral wouldn't act like that.

So why would a scared townie do it but no a scared scum or neutral wouldn't?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
But the same can be said about scum or neutral. All of you keep going the WIFOM route saying that scum or a neutral wouldn't act like that.

So why would a scared townie do it but no a scared scum or neutral wouldn't?

Because his role doesn't make sense for scum at all. He could be neutral but I think he just doesn't reveal ahead of time as a neutral and again, this is a move that CeeCee would do imo.

I've said all this already though, you are just choosing to ignore it.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
My point. Why was he so paranoid if he were town?

You don't shoot another townie because you fear that he COULD make a mistake D1.

If CeeCee is a 3 shot day vig then that it probably the most powerful town role. It can literally swing the game.

If Stan had yolo'd CeeCee there would be no griping about it. Stan was elected in part because he would shoot his shot. CeeCee is much more dangerous in a vig role. He does what he wants in these games.

As short a time as it has been, CeeCee's shot is in the past. There is nothing we can do to change it so everyone should just deal with it and move on.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
seemed to me that a lot of people just picked stan because they didn't care who it was
For leader? I doubt this. People voted for Stan because:

1. They townread him
or
2. They didn't think they'd kill them (or their scum partners)

That's more to work with than usual, which I'm glad for. I wouldn't be surprised if there was something to be gleamed from the intersection of the different kill lists between our top leader candidates.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why it doesn't make sense as scum? We had game where scum could day kill.

He could even be a scum JOAT with a 1-shot day kill as one of his powers.

So a few issues, first off, he's claimed more than 1 shot. I think he's lying to fuck with scum but if he doesn't make a shot tomorrow then your theory holds more water to talk about.

Second, the games where scum could kill during the day had very specific balance considerations to allow that to happen. Could some be here? Maybe but this is a Grizzly game and hes not the type to add in typically irregular roles and giving scum a free uncounterable kill (day vigs can typically only be countered by BP and since he could shoot day 1, there has been no opportunity for someone to hand out a BP so all that could exist is a passive one built into a role) is extremely irregular.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Sure, more of me thought Stan was town than scum but I had slight niggles that I talked about yesterday. We had no way to know. I don't like how he went about that kill but Stan could have been scum and then this conversation would be wildly different.

Vigs exist in games and yeah, they usually are making their own decisions, even if they were wrong on their first choice.
Sure, and Scum Vigs exist as well I assume. I don't believe CeeCee is scum, but in the off chance he is, you're just giving him a free pass to kill whoever, and it won't be scum.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
If CeeCee is a 3 shot day vig then that it probably the most powerful town role. It can literally swing the game.

If Stan had yolo'd CeeCee there would be no griping about it. Stan was elected in part because he would shoot his shot. CeeCee is much more dangerous in a vig role. He does what he wants in these games.

As short a time as it has been, CeeCee's shot is in the past. There is nothing we can do to change it so everyone should just deal with it and move on.

I don't understand. Are you in favour or against about lynching CeeCee today?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Because his role doesn't make sense for scum at all. He could be neutral but I think he just doesn't reveal ahead of time as a neutral and again, this is a move that CeeCee would do imo.

I've said all this already though, you are just choosing to ignore it.

The absolutely worst role CeeCee could have is Day SK.

If he is a mafia day vig he probably only had one shot, and is bluffing and probably needed it to take out better PRs. So shooting an Override isn't ideal but it isn't exactly a home run for mafia either.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think everyone chipped in, but since our Glorious Substitute Regent and most of the Inner Court is against lynching CeeCee for the moment, I think it's time we start debating our other candidates for today's lynch.

Personally I want to cover different bases and so I'd like to flip players a bit distanced from the CeeCee controversy, considering we are bound to get more information on that regardless of the result of today's lynch.

For that reason my main votes at the moment would be Terra and Ketkat.

I'll try to get a full reads list out before EoD, but unsure if I'll manage it.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Quoting myself here, but I'd like for people to look this over now that we know Stan was town:

If Stan and I are both town, it'd be pretty easy for scum to slowly push towards one direction or the other for whatever reason. It's a low-stakes vote.

I'll say this: looking through the votes, there's this curious pattern of votes on Stan from people who hadn't even brought him up before.

- absolutbro had never mentioned Stan or myself before voting, and didn't explain the reasoning for his votes on Stan or cabot.
- Chugger's only mention of Stan is in this post: "I don't really care on who the leader is between Stan and Brazil either. I think they're both good picks". He then voted Stan because "ties are fun".
- Terra's only mention of Stan is in the same post as his vote. His reasoning for distrusting me is also bullshit.
- Flux had never mentioned Stan before voting for him, and now seems a bit defensive about it.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The absolutely worst role CeeCee could have is Day SK.

If he is a mafia day vig he probably only had one shot, and is bluffing and probably needed it to take out better PRs. So shooting an Override isn't ideal but it isn't exactly a home run for mafia either.

Day SK is not at all what the neutral would be. He would likely be a hunter looking for someone specific or one of those classic roles we used to do a lot where the neutral has to kill 2 town and 1 scum to win.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was mostly for a Ket for Flux lynch before the shot show and nothing has changed after. I still think Flux comes out of pretty much every interaction looking terrible, this whole CeeCee situation was no different. Like I said in an earlier post that Fran took more about himself, Flux was fine with a few sacrifices in terms of the mechanic vote thing but now is worried when a vig is involved.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
It does if you are his scum partner.

Just saying.
Hey, Fran is onto something here. All things considered, I'm actually now for Brazil guillotining CeeCee just to prove they aren't in coup cahoots.

Who knew that the shift in power would be so numerical? Brazil should prove that Cee isn't his assassin.

Show us that payroll

rac

Oct 25, 2017
Because the extent of what we know about that list is they voted a town member as leader. On its face, that is a good thing.

sure but in a group of 27 people its most likely leader was gonna end up being town
easy to vote that way when you already have the answers as well

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think everyone chipped in, but since our Glorious Substitute Regent and most of the Inner Court is against lynching CeeCee for the moment, I think it's time we start debating our other candidates for today's lynch.
Ketkat is still my top candidate for today. I don't think my feelings have changed much on the other people on the scum side of my read list from the start of D1.5. I'd probably put Chugg at #2.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
As reference, these were our kills lists from the last phase:

Alrighty then, who would i be okay with murdering you ask?

uhhh.

Fran
Kawl (wait shit no he literally just dropped out)
rac
Malus
KetKat
CeeCee
Faddy
Geno

Who do i want to kill you ask?
I dont really know,
these are just the weidnesses that stuck out in a stuttered and feverously hot attempt to catch up.
I guess it's time to build my platform, huh.

My kill list right now would probably be:

Fran - He's felt inconsistent and artificial throughout the phase. The malus/turmoil thing sticks out to me as it made it seem like he was just commenting on stuff from a position of someone who didn't really care about any of it.
Terraforce - A lot of noise over nothing when arguing with Flux, some projecting in his posts, very belligerent.
Flux - I'm willing to give Terra's counterpart in that argument a look as well. He put a lot of effort into not backing down from that discussion, but then vanished as soon as it dissipated.
turmoil - He seems to have fumbled the landing in this game. Most of his posts give the air of someone who's weirdly disoriented. Like here - Fand was being "[consolidated] as a natural option and then deflated"? That train never got past 3 votes. And what does that vote movement even say? He never explained. It just feels like he's searching for stuff to comment on without saying much.
Zubz - Low activity, can't seem to commit to his opinions.
Ketkat - I'm not sure about the arguments that put her in the spotlight in the first place, but the way she blended into the darkness after that happened is definitely noteworthy.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
sure but in a group of 27 people its most likely leader was gonna end up being town
easy to vote that way when you already have the answers as well

Ok, so if you were already assuming he was town, what's different now that you know he was town?

I'm asking you to show your work here and I don't think you have any

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Quoting myself here, but I'd like for people to look this over now that we know Stan was town:

In preference I would go bottom to top.

Flux, Terra, Chugg, AB.

I think Chuggs is more town than the others but at least he is a decent shot. AB has done pretty much nothing in the game so I think that is a waste.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I demand that Brazil kill Cee to prove he can make the unpopular but necessary choice(s)
giphy.gif

I won't kill CeeCee. I suggest putting in the work elsewhere if you care about having input in who's getting lynched today.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
In preference I would go bottom to top.

Flux, Terra, Chugg, AB.

I think Chuggs is more town than the others but at least he is a decent shot. AB has done pretty much nothing in the game so I think that is a waste.
Thanks. Out of all of those, Chuggs is the one that actually showed up later to explain his reasoning, and did so somewhat convincingly. I have issues with him over the forced thunderdome thing, but not over this in particular.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
how the fuck did you guys have brazil as the second choice after a post like this
you are all suspect
Because he's actually contributing and trying to solve unlike 90% of the players here?

gonna try and get some thoughts in before work tomorrow but no promises, especially with the hammer being held by Emperor Stan of Drunkland. honestly I'm fine with most people going, the only one's I'd say 'please don't kill' are Stan and cabot and I highly doubt Stan is going to shoot himself. Good luck and godspeed, Emperor.

you were in that game in spirit. fake you was very pretty.

tenor.gif

think that's the cue for me to go to bed.

G'night, sleep tight, don't let the Blargs bite.
This is probably the first post so far from Saw that gave me some concern. You go from making a reads list to just generally being fine with nearly everyone in the game being iced. Admittedly your read list was pretty null-tastic, but it's still a bit of an odd note.

It's too late. I did it 10 minutes ago.

I'm sorry to see you go Stan.
Okay, I'll admit that was fun. And at least if I die I won't hurt now.
This has been talked to death at this point, but holy shit what a bad fucking choice. Logic would dictate that you're town because any other solution would require thinking that you're a neutral/scum playing mindgames which frankly I don't see because your general M.O. is to just bullshit through a game. Handing you a vig role was like giving a gun to a toddler. Such garbage.

Well if there was people trying to stack on a vote it was on town Stan. I don't really know what a scum motive could of been for that
I'm still inclined to think it's due to the difference in kill lists between the two. I believe Flux, Terra, and Turmoil were the ones that look bad from that perspective.

Guys CeeCee has become a policy lynch, it's just facts.
To start, 3 shots of a HIDDEN day vig is too powerful for town no matter how you see it.
Second, let's say he is town, can you really trust that his choices will be any better than the Stan one? 2 more dayvigs is likely 2 more dead townies, I'd rather have 1 dead than 2.
There is no way to avoid it, CeeCee HAS to be the lynch.
In my experience anyone that actively argues for a lynch of someone that they suspect may be town is scum looking to get an easy lynch with no repercussions. "Well, we knew he could be town but we had to lynch him!"

I'm starting to get flashbacks to GoT when Melon put a fake red check on Town Splinter and got us to lynch him, and also revealed that she killed Neutral Zeke as a Jailer with an Execution ability that she could keep using as long as she didn't hit Town with it.

We policy lynched her for the fake red check, and of course she was Town. And of course, a lot of people desperately argued with the room for the entire day that it was a bad idea to get rid of her, and that Scum would want to get rid of her the most, but we still did it. (Sorry for causing those from GoT to relive that painful D3 now)

Moral of the story is: I learned in my first game that sometimes getting rid of someone who seems to be acting on their own with a PR and not necessarily in the best interest of Town is not always the best course of action, because it could actually benefit Scum just as much if not more.

The difference here is that I think there is a much higher chance of CeeCee being a Neutral than there ever was of Melon being anything but Town. So I don't think the choice is as clear cut as it should have been in GoT.

All this to say, my immediate reaction was "We should probably take out CeeCee now" but I'm starting to give it some pause after considering the recent discussions going on. Sorian and Cabot are making good points, and I feel better about them than I do about Geno on the whole.
This is a really long post to say "please forget the part where I was calling for CeeCee's head before people started questioning those with that stance"

I don't like it purely due to who is holding the gun, but I'm not about to dick around with wasting a lynch on someone that's probably just awful town.

Sorry - work is crazy and there were way more posts to sift through than I expected (which, I mean, obviously given what happened). I'm sure there's been even more posts to sift through since I caught up since I can't just type/read uninterrupted.