Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
This is a good primer for people who aren't aware of how bad things have become in the US.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
"...if people stop believing in the truth of what they read, they don't have to think hard about political questions. Instead, they can simply make political decisions based on identity or affiliation with their political allies."

This quote, from the section about the "Big Lie" that makes believing all the little lies irrelevant, should be posted in every thread where we "gotcha" some right-wing hypocrisy or self-contradiction. Fascists don't care if they have to support contradicting ideas, even self-harming ideas. They don't care if you "gotcha" them, as we so love to do (which maybe we shouldn't, when it's so easy).

They just support Trump.

Hell, the official Republican party platform is now "whatever Trump says".

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Trump: "Someone is doing the raping. Who is doing the raping?"

Ironically, it's not the immigrants coming into the country, it's ICE imprisoning the immigrants.

the lizard

Nov 1, 2017
This quote, from the section about the "Big Lie" that makes believing all the little lies irrelevant, should be posted in every thread where we "gotcha" some right-wing hypocrisy or self-contradiction. Fascists don't care if they have to support contradicting ideas, even self-harming ideas. They don't care if you "gotcha" them, as we so love to do (which maybe we shouldn't, when it's so easy).

They just support Trump.

1000x this. One of the most frustrating things about the discourse among the liberal/progressive social media echo chambers i tune into. Trump supporters don't give a FUCK, they just support their guy and the fucked up stuff he stands for. This makes me think of the stupid "Loch Ness" "gaffe" I saw a thread about earlier today. Not a single one of the people who support Trump give an inkling of a fuck if Jr's metaphor was faulty.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City

They just support Trump.

Pretty much why I get more frustrated with people going "this will get them" and the millions of other reactions to Trump related shit. Like Jesus fuck stop trying to rationalize their allegiance to Trump and give them the benefit of doubt. Shit is more frustrating than Trump supporters tbh.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Pretty much why I get more frustrated with people going "this will get them" and the millions of other reactions to Trump related shit. Like Jesus fuck stop trying to rationalize their allegiance to Trump and give them the benefit of doubt. Shit is more frustrating than Trump supporters tbh.

And at the heart of that rhetoric is inherent apathy and disinterest. It's frustrating because they're basically saying that they have no interest in actually supporting the disenfranchised and leaving us and our handful of allies to not just do the heavy lifting but too play targets for the violence being inflicted on us by these facists. At least bigots don't pretend to be on my side as a queer black man while the pointless rationalization types say they they're for progress but don't listen to or minimize the screaming we do about how dangerous MAGA is and how proactively we have to fight beyond just simply at the ballot box.