• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Noah Bradley is a long time fantasy artist, particularly for the Magic: the Gathering franchise, where he's been especially prolific. Yesterday, accusations surfaced of him sexually assaulting women during parties.

Thread:

Tons of people give more examples in the comments.

Today, Bradley released an apology, admitting to sexual assault. Note, of course, that he only did this after being called out.

EbCJlypXsAAzZhq

Noah Bradley is, as mentioned, a prolific artist for Magic: the Gathering, and that includes pieces of art in the latest sets. Hopefully Wizards of the Coast acts quickly to release a statement about this.

All of his Magic art can be found here
scryfall.com

a:"noah bradley"

118 Magic cards found where the artist name includes “noah bradley”

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
well shit. I follow him on and insta and he always seemed like a nice guy...

Anyways, time to unfollow

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
If you can give him any points, I guess is that he actually admits to all of it.

Of course, when you're already in a hole that deep, it's a dig up situation.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Didn't they just fired another artist who was there from the beginning?

What's happening?

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they just fired another artist who was there from the beginning?

What's happening?
A lot of people are shit, when you hire a lot of people a good percentage of them are going to be shit. Especially when you're not actively trying to filter out shit people. Now that folks are more willing to point out people who have been shit the shit is being outed.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
The guy needs a long, long break. It sounds like this was an open secret in the artist community, but if people at WotC knew and continued to give him work then I would be disappointed in them as well.

His apology seems sincere, at the very least, but it doesn't excuse the actions in the first place. And he only issued it because he got caught.

Last edited:

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
You only had to attend one Magic event to realize how big his ego was. Wasn't he handing out shirtless business cards at one point?

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Well that is most unfortunate.

His apology isn't for me to accept, but a mere apology certainly isn't enough to atone for his crimes here. I will say that his apology does, at the very least, seem slightly less weasely than the typical response... but even then it's not entirely weasel-free, and it's entirely possible that he's only as honest as he is because he knew people would respond positively to it.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
You only had to attend one Magic event to realize how big his ego was. Wasn't he handing out shirtless business cards at one point?
He makes figure drawing reference packs for artists with his wife (they are both usually in their underwear so you can see the anatomy) so it kind of makes sense?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Wtf are these 'laws'. They read like a serial killer's manifesto.
They're based on a book. The 48 Laws of Power. The author never meant the book to be prescriptive. It was a guide to human nature. To protect yourself from darker behaviors that most people encounter more frequently in adulthood.

However, it developed a cult following in certain circles. Hip hop artists loved it for example. The author did a collab with 50 cent on a similar book. The appeal is similar the Art of War in hip hop circles.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
According to his site CD Projekt RED is a client, I wonder if he worked on Cyberpunk. Walt Disney too.

Deleted member 46489

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Ew. I used to follow him and his wife on twitter. Thought of them as this cute couple making good art. What a fucking creep. I hope he goes to jail for his crimes.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
I hate that sniveling "I'm such selfish cruel trash" crap people pull in apologies. Like yeah it's true but it's just bait for your loyal fans to flock and provide reassurance that you aren't bad and they forgive you, despite not being part of the wronged party anyway.

Seems kinda like the Dennis system with more steps. :p

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, he's right into the whole build a cult thing. Dude is always talking about starting an artist's commune with his wife on Twitter. Everything about his behavior is right out of those rules and it's fucking gross.

Statement from Wizards of the Coast

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Well that was fast

I didn't expect them to say anything to the public.

But the fact that the incidents happened at artist conferences meant they had to address it.

Sheentak

Oct 25, 2017
Terese Neilsen, she came out to be JK Rowling level transphobic. WotC has pretty much cut ties with her and the next set will be the last with her art
Nope the terese nelilson thing was because she followed ultra right wing stuff like info wars and the like.
No terf stuff was found, I don't know where the community started saying that

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Estimated last set to include Noah Bradley art will release around February 2021.

Squire will be removed from the April Fools Secret Lair product (which was delayed due to Covid-19). Since that product is printed to demand, and it was never put on sale, then theoretically there should be no printed copies of Noah Bradley's Squire art.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

Estimated last set to include Noah Bradley art will release around February 2021.

Squire will be removed from the April Fools Secret Lair product (which was delayed due to Covid-19). Since that product is printed to demand, and it was never put on sale, then theoretically there should be no printed copies of Noah Bradley's Squire art.

Are cards printed that far ahead of time? That seems like more than enough time for them to hire someone else to redraw his cards.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Are cards printed that far ahead of time? That seems like more than enough time for them to hire someone else to redraw his cards.
Card art takes months to draw, and they have to have cards finalized and start printing several months before release. There's also the likely business logic that they already paid premium for his completed artwork so they feel obligated to use it.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
He probably shouldn't have admitted to a crime on the internet. Disgusting behavior described.