• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neverfade

Oct 25, 2017
Looking for a confirmation on how this would work for EDH:

If I have 4 creatures, one of them being Firesong & Sunspeaker + Repercussion is out and I cast Chain Reaction with say 10 creatures total on the board, the lifegain from Chain Reaction saves me from the 40 damage I'm taking from Repercussion, correct? Its static now and doesn't use the stack?

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My friends and I have tried playing other formats these past few months and we really couldn't get into them like we do with commander. We ended up selling/trading off all of our decks.

Now I just see what new sets have great commander cards and the only thing I'm really excited for is the new Commander Legends set coming. It's even more exciting that the set is basically a sequel to Legends... which is my favorite set of all time. I really want to see Dakkon Blackblade make a comeback. He has probably my most favorite story line out of any planeswalker.

Ikoria release details
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
From Weekly MTG stream
Captura.PNG

One week of previews
Paper release outside Asia delayed to May 15.

unknown.png

Book written by the author of the good Ravnica 3 novel. Releases April 7. Can preorder today.

Ikoria is legal in paper Standard and other paper formats from the Arena release, meaning there will be a period where Ikoria is in Standard but you can only get them from Asia. Not that there are any tournaments scheduled.

Last edited:

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Paper delay is stupid- it's not like LGS are going to be open by the new release date anyway, so why delay?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
From Weekly MTG stream
Captura.PNG

One week of previews
Paper release outside Asia delayed to May 15.

unknown.png

Book written by the author of the good Ravnica 3 novel. Releases April 7. Can preorder today.

Ikoria is legal in paper Standard and other paper formats from the Arena release, meaning there will be a period where Ikoria is in Standard but you can only get them from Asia. Not that there are any tournaments scheduled.
Oooooh Django Wexler is very good. I adored The Shadow Campaigns series.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Mourn with me MagicERA! I finally bit the bullet and sold all my real estate. Legacy is dead, RIP my favorite format. I will miss you!

Here is a picture of what once was. Maybe when they abolish the reserved list I can rebuy them. But until then, farewell Legacy!

JmO0pDX.jpg

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, kinda guessed, but both the Women's day and Theros Gods Secret Lairs have been delayed until May-June, or TBD when the coronavirus lockdown eases up.

Now I'm curious if they'll pause out on Secret Lair entirely for the next few months - probably so, but we'll see.

At least keep one of them. I'm still sad I sold all my Volcanic Islands.

Save one of each for commander and flash 'em!

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, exactly. I took apart my Niv-Mizzet EDH deck because it was getting kind of one note and boring to play, but then years later I came up with the idea to build a Thousand Year Storm focused deck, which seemed much more in theme with how Izzet operates. But then Volcanic Island spiked like crazy. Not to mention Timetwister. Same with Tabernacle, Workshop, Candelabra. They really should ban those cards from EDH. Heck, they should ban Gaea's Cradle too. $300 for an Urza's Saga card is bonkers.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
You sell as a full set?
Yeah, shipped out as a group.

As a person who is looking to acquire a singleton playset of duals someday, I mourn your loss.
Thank you! We are now in the same boat haha

At least keep one of them. I'm still sad I sold all my Volcanic Islands.
I kept my extra Underground Sea and my extra Badlands, so I'm covered if I play Grixis in EDH haha

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - We're gonna need a bigger moat.
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - Lion Tiger Bear, Oh My
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - Secret of the Ooze
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - The Next Mutation
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - Rampage starring Dwayne Johnson
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - Everything's bigger here
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - Let them fight

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - Like SMB3 World 4
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - Shadow of the Colossuses
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - Jace and the Beanstalk

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - No Gods or Kings, Only Timmy
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - Mutation Sensation
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - Build-a-Brushwagg Workshop

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, didn't even have to ask for any titles, here or on Discord. I'll have the OT by Wednesday night, so here are the suggestions so far. * next to ones people already approved.

Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - We're gonna need a bigger moat.
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - Lion Tiger Bear, Oh My
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - Secret of the Ooze
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - The Next Mutation
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - Rampage starring Dwayne Johnson
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - Everything's bigger here
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - Let them fight

Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - Spoiler: The Best Creature is UG

Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - Like SMB3 World 4
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - Shadow of the Colossuses
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - Jace and the Beanstalk

Embiggen your creatures with cromulently placed mutations

Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - No Gods or Kings, Only Timmy
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - Mutation Sensation
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - Build-a-Brushwagg Workshop *

Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ikoria - Teenage Mutant Dinosaur Turtles *

Ikoria - Monster no Musume
Ikoria - That's a lot of fish.
Ikoria - Teenage Mutant Ninja Brushwaggs
Ikoria - A Cloverfield Movie

Secret Lair: April Fools
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
magic.wizards.com

Wizards of the Coast Presents: After Great Deliberation, We Have Compiled and Remastered the Greatest Magic: The Gathering Cards of All Time, Ever | MAGIC: THE GATHERING

Everyone has their favorite Magic cards—however, all of you are wrong, as there can be only one correct list of the greatest Magic cards.

So there was supposed to be an April Fools Secret Lair Drop now, but due to COVID-19, they can't print it. Once they're able to, it will be given to LGSes for free for them to handle as they wish. It's confirmed these are real, but they aren't available yet.

HSL6lOOucY.jpg

UNuJf6WaqF.jpg

hYGHPSFrkg.jpg

ji3TkRhslz.jpg

Note that Squire's art has the Distracted Boyfriend meme.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
I'm genuinely surprised they managed to not have a single card leak for Ikoria. When is the last time that happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.