Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Did he talk at 2:30PM ET? Can't find anything online..

They are still talking. He said the rumors of national guard carrying guns is not true and the rumors of forced quarantine to your home is not true. Nothing about stores yet. He had a judge talking about some things like only doing essential cases, hearings over webcam, and not doing jury trials. Talking abbot medical care now.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
chicago.suntimes.com

Public health order: Chicagoans confirmed with coronavirus or showing symptoms ordered to stay home

“If you violate this order, there must be consequences,” Mayor Lori Lightfoot said in a televised address. “Be smart, be safe, and stay home if you are sick. That’s an order.”
Confirmed cases or symptoms "may not leave their homes, go to work or meet in groups."

The only exception to the stay-at-home order is to seek "essential services, including necessary clinical care or evaluation and life sustaining needs" that include "obtaining food and medicine.

Violators will be slapped with citations and fines by Chicago Police and the Department of Public Health, even though it's not known precisely how they will be identified.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Day 1 of Fresno, CA's shelter in place. I still had to go to work because my job is an essential service. Traffic seemed very reduced but still a lot of cars on the street.

BigGreenMat

Nov 2, 2017
Confirmed that chicago is shutting down today?
Nope. Just empowering police and public health officials to enforce quarantine upon people who have tested positive or have active symptoms. Quarantine meaning you cannot be out in public except for medical reasons or supplies. It is more symbolic than anything.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Mike DeWine started so strong but now he's completely backed down. 4 of my coworkers wives are nurses at hospitals with confirmed cases, yet here I am still forced to go to work everyday and possibly bring this home to my immunocompromised spouse. We need all non-essentials closed like, last week. My buddy works at Home Depot and lives with and takes care of his 70 year old mother with a lung disease. He can't stop going to work unless the government mandates it because he needs the money, yet they still keep home depot open and fully staffed so these dipshits can come buy window brackets and roombas.

Oct 25, 2017
Mike DeWine started so strong but now he's completely backed down. 4 of my coworkers wives are nurses at hospitals with confirmed cases, yet here I am still forced to go to work everyday and possibly bring this home to my immunocompromised spouse. We need all non-essentials closed like, last week. My buddy works at Home Depot and lives with and takes care of his 70 year old mother with a lung disease. He can't stop going to work unless the government mandates it because he needs the money, yet they still keep home depot open and fully staffed so these dipshits can come buy window brackets and roombas.
I mean, I think the argument could be made that hardware stores are essential. You need to fix broken stuff, buy a refrigerator/freezer if it breaks, generators for power outages, (we are entering thunderstorm season), cleaning supplies and Toilet Paper since HD does carry that stuff...Local repair companies need to get material to fix our leaky faucets, toilets, etc.

Companies policy should be if one lives with a high risk individual that they can leave work and still get paid, etc.

I would hope the store is taking other precautious, gloves, masks, limiting occupancy of the store, reducing hours, etc.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I mean, I think the argument could be made that hardware stores are essential. You need to fix broken stuff, buy a refrigerator/freezer if it breaks, generators for power outages, (we are entering thunderstorm season), cleaning supplies and Toilet Paper since HD does carry that stuff...Local repair companies need to get material to fix our leaky faucets, toilets, etc.

Companies policy should be if one lives with a high risk individual that they can leave work and still get paid, etc.

I would hope the store is taking other precautious, gloves, masks, limiting occupancy of the store, reducing hours, etc.
That's just one example though. Does the fucking mall need to be open right now? It's a fucking joke.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
chicago.suntimes.com

Public health order: Chicagoans confirmed with coronavirus or showing symptoms ordered to stay home

“If you violate this order, there must be consequences,” Mayor Lori Lightfoot said in a televised address. “Be smart, be safe, and stay home if you are sick. That’s an order.”

So was this the extent of what Lightfoot will announce at 5PM, or is there still a thought that she could shut down the city entirely at 5PM?

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Simon malls and outlets closed all theirs yesterday, someones needs to tell your local mall to do something. I wish more places took this serious, peoples lives are on the line :(
Nobody cares. Non essential businesses in Ohio will never close unless forced to. DeWine created like 100,000 new unemployed citizens with his actions so far, and it will all be for nothing because he's still letting non-essential factory and retail employees go to work and interact physically with hundreds of other people daily. Probably promised his Republican CEO friends he wouldn't close all their businesses. The guy is full of shit

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
You know, as creepy as some video footage is of empty cities, it is a GOOD thing to see that people are staying in (or at most, going on a lonely walk) and listening.

Xenogears_X

Banned
Jan 22, 2020
I live in MA and work in IT and even though I can do my job from home we have been ordered to show up at work. While this sucks, I'm still happy to have a job as I know a lot of people who are laid off.

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania just closed all "non-essential" workplaces

Gov. Tom Wolf on Thursday afternoon ordered "all non-life-sustaining businesses" in Pennsylvania to close their physical locations beginning at 8 p.m. Thursday for an undetermined amount of time.

He also said enforcement for non-compliant businesses would begin at 12:01 a.m. Saturday.

"To protect the health and safety of all Pennsylvanians, we need to take more aggressive mitigation actions," Wolf said. "This virus is an invisible danger that could be present everywhere. We need to act with the strength we use against any other severe threat. And we need to act now before the illness spreads more widely."

This story will be updated.

www.bizjournals.com

Wolf orders all 'non-life-sustaining' businesses to close in Pennsylvania - Philadelphia Business Journal

Enforcement begins Saturday morning, according to a governor's order signed Thursday.

Link to affected industries
www.scribd.com

UPDATED 2:30pm, March 24, 2020 - Industry Operation Guidance | Agriculture | Mining

A list of business types that may continue physical operations, in relation to the Governor's Executive Order mandating closures for COVID-19 mitigation.

Seems like anything that isn't food production or drug production

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
After many rumblings and rumors that Chicago was going to be fully shelter-in-place, the key takeaway from Lori Lightfoot's presser was that Chicago Public Schools will remain closed until 4/21 and that there will be $100 million in loans for small businesses impacted by COVID-19.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess PA is the most extensive one yet and the best defined list thus far.

I wish more states would especially since at least one hospital interviewed here was already at 90% capacity of their ICU beds before this even started...

Nov 7, 2017
Def grateful to be living in California instead of Florida where governor Newsom is leagues more prepared for this than that idiot DeSantis

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC still not shut down. Insane.

I'm a PM at a steel company and we still have dozens of guys working at sites around the city. I think it's fucking outrageous.

Grip

Oct 26, 2017
I'm in PA and even with the shutdown my boss texted me and the other guys I work with and told us we're still working tomorrow. We work at a robotics facility for a University and are 100% non-essential and shouldn't be open. I'm really fucking pissed about this and not sure what to do. He's telling us to come in tomorrow and that we might not be working next week, but that "we'll see what we can do." Like, he doesn't get that he's the only one not taking this seriously. I have a good working relationship with the guy and have a ton respect for him on a professional level, but the way he has handled all of this has really changed my view of him. He doesn't give a shit about any of it and starts laughing any time it's brought up or when someone asks him how he's managing. Hopefully tomorrow is it and the higher-ups tell us to get the hell out until told otherwise.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Blaine County, Idaho(Sun Valley/Hailey/Ketchum) jumped up to 16 cases today, all health care workers, and as such the county is going to shelter in place mode tonight.

Also the city of Boise is shutting down sit down restaurants and bars.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC still not shut down. Insane.

I'm a PM at a steel company and we still have dozens of guys working at sites around the city. I think it's fucking outrageous.

At this point I am just assuming that DeBlasio and Cuomo are compromised and pressured by industry to keep factories and retail open. April will be tough, and they will have blood on their hands.

GeminiX7

Feb 6, 2019
I'm in PA (Systems Admin for a Logistics company) and I've been working from home since Monday. We have already been told we will work from home next week and will reconvene in a meeting next Thursday to discuss the following week. I'm really wondering how long this is going to last. I suspect that it might go on till the end of March at bare minimum(and therefore at least one more week after next week), but any articles I've read on measures that are needed to "flatten the curve" is talking in terms of months.... is that something that might realistically happen?

This was supposed to be the time to plan a wedding with my fiancee... it's selfish to be annoyed but its stressful nonetheless.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in PA (Systems Admin for a Logistics company) and I've been working from home since Monday. We have already been told we will work from home next week and will reconvene in a meeting next Thursday to discuss the following week. I'm really wondering how long this is going to last. I suspect that it might go on till the end of March at bare minimum(and therefore at least one more week after next week), but any articles I've read on measures that are needed to "flatten the curve" is talking in terms of months.... is that something that might realistically happen?

This was supposed to be the time to plan a wedding with my fiancee... it's selfish to be annoyed but its stressful nonetheless.
An end will only be foreseen once the numbers of cases discovered start decreasing, everywhere is still behind on testing and hence cases are still increasing, just today over ~2K new positive cases were reported...schools are out until May and beyond, the CDC and WH guidelines advise no major 50+ activities until the 2nd week of May, most realistic guidance wouldnt suggest any lightening of the measures currently being taken until May at the earliest.

GeminiX7

Feb 6, 2019
An end will only be foreseen once the numbers of cases discovered start decreasing, everywhere is still behind on testing and hence cases are still increasing, just today over ~2K new positive cases were reported...schools are out until May and beyond, the CDC and WH guidelines advise no major 50+ activities until the 2nd week of May, most realistic guidance wouldnt suggest any lightening of the measures currently being taken until May at the earliest.
Well shit.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in PA and even with the shutdown my boss texted me and the other guys I work with and told us we're still working tomorrow. We work at a robotics facility for a University and are 100% non-essential and shouldn't be open. I'm really fucking pissed about this and not sure what to do. He's telling us to come in tomorrow and that we might not be working next week, but that "we'll see what we can do." Like, he doesn't get that he's the only one not taking this seriously. I have a good working relationship with the guy and have a ton respect for him on a professional level, but the way he has handled all of this has really changed my view of him. He doesn't give a shit about any of it and starts laughing any time it's brought up or when someone asks him how he's managing. Hopefully tomorrow is it and the higher-ups tell us to get the hell out until told otherwise.
Just got off the phone with the owner, we're working tomorrow and were planning on working Saturday but that will likely be cancelled. That'll be it for the foreseeable future.

An Italian style National shutdown is coming, sooner rather than later imo

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Cuomo stalling this shutdown is getting ridiculous. I'm not customer facing, but my wife is.. she never really watches the news but has been keeping up on this like a hawk and getting more and more pissed every morning that this continues.

She basically created her own quarantine zone at work and blocked off her desk with safety gates and caution tape so no one comes anywhere close to her and sprays down her area with lysol every chance she gets. Lol