RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Hideo Kojima's twitter bio famously says 70% of his body is made of movies but right now his feed is about 50% 'Oh God so tired'. With Death Stranding coming in November, Kojima's tweets are increasing painting a picture of an exhausting and oddly isolated life.

For the last couple of months, among all the game promo, celeb chasing, film love, and music playlists there have been a few tweets like this:
Fatigue. Tired. Exhausted. There's been a lot of messages like this that suggest at the end of the working day, Kojima is done:

More at Gamesradar

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
People are theorizing fatigue is a system in the game, not that Kojima's tired lol

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Accompanying it with pictures of the game, makes it sound like Norman will be too.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
he is clearly talking about the resting mechanic after his character gets fatigued.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
It's probably a bit in and also out of the game. I don't think anyone here would be surprised to find that he's probably burnt out, making games is hard, especially if expectations are high.

He'll get a nice vacation between projects, I hope.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I remember him telling us Death Stranding would be a simple action game as first forrey into his solo career as experiment :)

This is the last stretch, hang on tight~

Lovely to see he still has his CP2077 jacket close ;)

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
wish they could just delay until next year to lessen the crunch but I guess Sony needs something for the second half of the year.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

squat-and-squint-meme-woman.jpg

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
Doing accounts all day in front of my pc affects my eye too. Can understand it must be tiring to make games working in front of a display all day.

wish they could just delay until next year to lessen the crunch but I guess Sony needs something for the second half of the year.
All their studios are taking their sweet long ass time to deliver their games so i doubt theres pressure from Sony to get it released this year. More likely kojima put this date because he felt confident he will be able to deliver by then.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I literally NEVER thought that he'd be talking about the ingame character. I always just assumed he was talking about himself.

It was kinda worrying actually, he's been posting so many "I'm tired" tweets I kinda feared he was slipping into another depression or something.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I cant even imagine the pressure this dude is under lol

Get some sleep Kojima, please

NateDog

"This guy are sick"
Jan 8, 2018
Yeah looks to me like he's just joking around and referencing stuff in game.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Survival systems like fatigue make all the sense in the world given the exploration/traversal based experience he seems to be going after.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Physically he's better at hiding the fatigue of crunch time than the Cyberpunk dev and Tabata that's for sure.

Last edited: