PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Guy will probably get off for this. Being shoved is enough to claim "being assaulted", which in Florida pretty much means guns blazing time

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Florida's gun laws are so goddamned backwards. My fiancee caught the news conference and the Sheriff even said he has to enforce this law but doesn't have to like it. He was visibly disgusted by the situation.

I remember the day Stand Your Ground passed. I immediately felt less safe knowing gun nuts can now kill at will over stupid little shit like this.

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
Who is putting guns in mentally ills' hands.

Ah yeah, the USA.

Shoving someone to the ground isn't worth the death penalty.
Where did I say that it was? I'm not victim blaming, it's stupid and shitty what the guy did. It's also stupid and shitty that the dude walked up and shoved the man to the ground. That's more than a mere altercation, because physically putting your hands on someone is not being a good citizen, it's looking for a fight. Unfortunately this fight ended in the worst way possible.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
Florida is the test site for America as envisioned by the NRA. Everyone is armed, any provocation can be met with deadly force.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Where did I say that it was? I'm not victim blaming, it's stupid and shitty what the guy did. It's also stupid and shitty that the dude walked up and shoved the man to the ground. That's more than a mere altercation, because physically putting your hands on someone is not being a good citizen, it's looking for a fight. Unfortunately this fight ended in the worst way possible.
So, what you're saying is that both sides are to blame.

Gotcha

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
The guy who shot started the altercation for no reason. He walked up to the victim's wife and child and started harassing them. The Victim so what was happening left the store and pushed him. He then shot the guy because he's a piece of shit.

smoothj

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I remember someone being shot over a Little Caesars hot and ready in Clearwater a year ago or so... sup with that town.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the weak and the wounded
Damn.

Should have knocked his ass out instead of shoving him.

Never hit if you can help it, but when you have to, hit hard. Never hit soft. You will never get any thanks for hitting soft.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Does the law apply if the guy wasn't even standing?
Ask George Zimmerman.

Shouldn't this be considered premeditated murder? The fact that he has constantly harassed and threatened to shoot people over the parking spot, along with the store owners testimony of him always outside being a troublemaker shows he has been waiting for an altercation like this to take place.

Last edited:

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
The problem is that there is an excuse, legally speaking. Odds are this asshole walks because of it.
Unfortunately, this seems likely given precedent. Any time someone wants to point at Texas and guns I always point them towards Florida. We're not the best about it, but we're also a huge state and most of the gun owners in the state are actually responsible with them.

That being said, I've had one waved at me while driving because I (apparently) cut someone off on the highway once. Can't all be decent people.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
Not to defend the shooter, but human beings shouldn't be putting their hands on each other in the first place.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
stand your ground laws are increasing the murder rate, and ironically some of the people that are suffering the most from it are white gun owners.

also concealed carry for anyone other than law enforcement is dangerous as fuck too.

Not to defend the shooter, but human beings shouldn't be putting their hands on each other in the first place.

this is defending the shooter.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
That's murder.

But none of us will be surprised if nothing happens to him.

And sadly a lot of people will defend the murderer.

Oct 25, 2017
With the eyewitness account in the video and his history of threatening people [over a parking spot on a piece of property he does not own] this sounds like someone looking for a reason to shoot and kill somebody.

Sheriff Bob Gualtieri said Friday that the facts are clear; McGlockton violently shoved Drejka to the ground and Drejka feared for his life. Because of that, he is covered under Florida's Stand Your Ground law.

He's going to get off too.

Not to defend the shooter ... Goes on to defend the shooter.

OP
OP
Pickman

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The video made it seem like a pretty open and shut case of murder, or at worst, manslaughter.

So of course he will get off scott free. This is the same state that gave us George Zimmerman, isn't it?

Snkfanatic

Oct 25, 2017

Human beings shouldn't be harassing others over a fucking parking spot either. But please tell us more about how you would react like a perfect angel if you saw some man harassing your significant other with your young child around.

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
Human beings shouldn't be harassing others over a fucking parking spot either. But please tell us more about how you would react like a perfect angel if you saw some man harassing your significant other with your young child around.
I'd assess the situation and then GTFO? certainly not shove them to the ground and incite retaliation in some form.

Oct 25, 2017
>Detectives are investigating to determine if the case meets the criteria of Florida's Stand Your Ground law.

WHAT.

The problem is the dead guy is black. So the police are conflicted. Even though clearly from the video, after the push, they were separated by several feet, McGlockton did not appear to be a physical threat anymore, there was decent long pause before the gun came out and before the guy shot.

Snkfanatic

Oct 25, 2017
I'd assess the situation and then GTFO? certainly not shove them to the ground and incite retaliation in some form.

Ok?

Do I need to retype the same thing I wrote to the person I quoted? It's certainly a lot fucking easier to tell us all right now how you would react when you are not in the situation that man was in.

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
Ok?

Do I need to retype the same thing I wrote to the person I quoted? It's certainly a lot fucking easier to tell us all right now how you would react when you are not in the situation that man was in.
Not that exact, specific situation but I've been in there before with some random jerkoff yelling at a friend (who was a girl!, but not a girlfriend) for similarly stupid shit. I didn't engage. I'm still here able to bitch back and forth with you guys about how we all have opinions on how situations could be handled to avoid confrontation. The person we walked away from was also known to be incredibly violent. I honestly expected a chase and attack from it anyway.

IrishNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
this stupid racist law has got to go - can't wait for november & a proper governor over here.
we've got a case with a cop using it going on in our courts right now, that's how broken shit is.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can't use the law as a justification to make a mockery out of human life.

Can't lure people to your home to kill them in defense.

Can't start shit and escalate a shove into a cold blooded killing.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
This pisses me off so much. Dude isn't a police offer why is he even approaching random strangers and their children over a parking violation. People really defending this trash because he got pushed to the ground. Florida is a trash state. Rick Scott even made the law worse saying the burden of proof needed to be with the dead guy to prove if the shooting was unjustified.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
>Detectives are investigating to determine if the case meets the criteria of Florida's Stand Your Ground law.

WHAT.

Florida's law is so backwards police need to determine if starting an investigation is legal under state law.

They literally can't even put this guy in front of a jury if they determine that "Stand Your Ground" arbitrarily applies.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
Didn't stand your ground not apply to the woman who fired warning shots when her abusive ex showed up at her house?

Is there a "whiteness clause" in stand your ground?

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Didn't stand your ground not apply to the woman who fired warning shots when her abusive ex showed up at her house?

Is there a "whiteness clause" in stand your ground?

Nah, her kid was upstairs. So it fell into that grey area. Don't get me wrong, if she was a white woman she'd be off. But, Black people can't have any wiggle room for "Yeah, but....." I don't believe she like, shot into the room, and was in a garage? But that happened so long ago. Meanwhile, a baby sitter can faux-hang a baby and walk. I forget her name, but she would have been better off shooting her ex husband or whatever, instead of a warning shot. Warning shots only work in movies, and the rest of the modern world outside of the USA. So, there was a lot of debate around how she could have killed the kid sleeping or something, etc,etc.. IIRC.

Theres more to it though, and I never saw the layout of the house.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Eh, the person getting shot shoved the man and was parking in the wrong spot. I'm trying not to side with the shooter, but it's not easy.

Chasex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah well, this is the problem with guns: They escalate situations into deadly territory simply by being present. If you get knocked out, or lose your firearm to the assailant during grappling or whatever else, well shit now your life is potentially in serious danger because they have your gun. So in this instance being pushed to the ground is actually pretty serious, and it may be considered rational to retaliate with force. This guy will get away with it.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, the person getting shot shoved the man and was parking in the wrong spot. I'm trying not to side with the shooter, but it's not easy.

He shouldn't have shoved him but that shouldn't be a death sentence. The shooter had a history of harassing people for their parking. I think he was there with his gun escalating the situation with anyone that "parked wrong" waiting for someone to respond with force so he could get away with shooting them.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
He shouldn't have shoved him but that shouldn't be a death sentence. The shooter had a history of harassing people for their parking. I think he was there with his gun escalating the situation with anyone that "parked wrong" waiting for someone to respond with force so he could get away with shooting them.

The shoving is the least offense. It's illegal parking. I've dreamed of blowing up the cars I see who park fucked up. Actually shooting a person over it is too much, but damn does it piss me off to see it.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
The shoving is the least offense. It's illegal parking. I've dreamed of blowing up the cars I see who park fucked up. Actually shooting a person over it is too much, but damn does it piss me off to see it.

As a disabled person that has to deal with people in my spots from time to time, I feel you. But a man is dead. Let's get some perspective.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017

That is not a reason to kill someone.

The shooter is a trouble maker, even the store owner said that he was done that kind of harrasment before.

Let's see this picture: you are inside a store with your kid while your girlfriend is parked outside. Someone enters the store to tell you someone is violently discussing with your girlfriend outside. What would be your reaction?

He overreacted, sure, but that is no ground to escalate things even further, let alone shoot someone. As the video show, the victim was not treating the shooter.

If someone sane was in the same position of the shooter: if someone is parking on the wrong spot and that bothers you, go to the store owner or security. Never confront (even just by saying some words). It is not your task to enforce the law, it is a task for the police (that will be contacted by the store owner if he feels the need).

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
That is not a reason to kill someone.

The shooter is a trouble maker, even the store owner said that he was done that kind of harrasment before.

Let's see this picture: you are inside a store with your kid while your girlfriend is parked outside. Someone enters the store to tell you someone is violently discussing with your girlfriend outside. What would be your reaction?

He overreacted, sure, but that is no ground to escalate things even further, let alone shoot someone. As the video show, the victim was not treating the shooter.

If someone sane was in the same position of the shooter: if someone is parking on the wrong spot and that bothers you, go to the store owner or security. Never confront (even just by saying some words). It is not your task to enforce the law, it is a task for the police (that will be contacted by the store owner if he feels the need).

Lol my wife would know better than to park like that if she ever wanted to drive the car again. I blow up whenever I see incorrect parking or even the slightest lack of driving knowledge and awareness.