wombleac

Nov 8, 2017
I started watching this guy when he was just trying to get through DS1 without getting hit. The amount of preparation these runs require before an attempt is even made is staggering. He does a lot of that offline just to get ready. Pretty awesome achievement. He needs to add all the King's Field games now in addition to Sekiro too.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I watched him years again when he was going for DS1. It's amazing that he's kept it up all these years and managed to complete the entire series a day before Sekiro.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Just waking up and still can't get over this, what an amazing run.
There's a streamer that has been playing FF7 (no slots) for years, on twitch, with some wow streaming in between. And a full run is almost 8 hours.
Almost every single day! It's crazy.

How his fingers haven't fallen off from hammering the x button from skipping dialogue is baffling.
Endless resets at 2, 3, 4 hours in. Some people are unrelenting.
No, i was refering to CarNage64; i think he is one of the first streamers i followed on twitch.
Yooo, I think Carn was one of the first people I followed on Twitch too haha. I rarely ever see him get mentioned anywhere, but yeah, agreed, his dedication is nuts.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Meanwhile, I keep getting slaughtered in Dark Souls 2's first encounter with the Pursuer and I stubbornly refuse to use an effigy to give me any edge, because if I can't beat the second boss without a crutch, I'll be in trouble.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
^^^ There's a trick to that fight that can make it rather trivial, but it's more fun to best it the traditional way!

Wish I could have seen Hob do it live last night, but man, that reaction was amazing. So happy that he did it. :) Sometimes I get hit by the first enemy in these games, so to no-hit all 5 games back-to-back is just crazy to me.

Last edited:

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Ya know, Hob isn't the best souls player I've ever seen, but he's definitely the most unwavering in his determination. Great example of hard work and persistence paying off.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Meanwhile, I keep getting slaughtered in Dark Souls 2's first encounter with the Pursuer and I stubbornly refuse to use an effigy to give me any edge, because if I can't beat the second boss without a crutch, I'll be in trouble.
Not necessarily, you'll get better the more you play and enemies you fight. Sometimes not just bashing your head against the wall can be the better option.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Otzdarva just did Dark Souls 2 all bosses no hits too, it mightn't sound as impressive, but it's also insanely difficult due to how many bosses DS2 has and how long it takes.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
Like I said, I can admire it, and I'm sure it meant a lot to that person, so I don't want to sound too harsh, but if I'm being honest, to me that has the same ring to it as something like "Man builds a castle out of bottle caps."

You have 3635 posts on a forum dedicated to video games. How many hours have you spent reading and posting on this site? How many hours have you spent playing video games in your life? Are you completely lacking in self-awareness?

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
That's a bit of a strawman argument, isn't it? It's not about simply playing video games, that's not what's extraordinary about this. I play video games all the time, we all do, but it's likely that none of us here have ever attempted to do something like this, we never even seriously entertained the thought, and not necessarily because we didn't think that we'd be able do it.

For instance, I just bought a complete collection of a British TV show called Lovejoy, that's 63 hours of content across 71 episode. If I was to say that I'm going to watch all of that, and I am, nobody would even bat an eyelid. But if I was to attempt to watch it all in one sitting, without sleeping, and only blinking once per episode, restarting the whole marathon every time I blinked twice... Well, it would be an extraordinary feat, quite mentally and physically taxing, and I'm pretty sure that I could even attract a following of people who would keep tabs on my progress, but I'm also sure that most folks would be like "OK, cool... But why?"

Yes, there are differences, but this was just a quick example to illustrate the gist of it. That was basically my gut reaction to this accomplishment, a mixture of respect and bafflement, and I don't see why I should have any positive bias here just because playing video games happens to be a hobby I enjoy.
you could have done so much more with your life than type this.
im on the toilet by the way

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
What were the conditions of the run outside of no hits? Did the run include all bosses and all DLC?

The conditions are get through the game, so all mandatory bosses, no DLC. A hit i believe is anything caused by an enemy that causes damage or a stagger. Falling damage and environmental effects not caused by enemies don't count. Things like a poison swamp don't count but if an enemy explodes a barrel it does. Unavoidable things like getting killed by Seath also don't count of course.

Nihilus

Oct 28, 2017
Crazy stuff, this is what real "skill" is but hope no damage done to his mental health during this :D

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
To do all 5 games in a row without getting hit once is freaking insane. The amount of hours overall he had to practice to even do this must be in the several hundred's.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This is brilliant news, I'm really pleased for him!

I started watching him when I got into DS1 and I think he got one of his first no hit runs. Just incredible to watch him over time, as he tried different strats.

I also watched him make countless cups of tea, and fiddle with his green screen.

I also repeatedly shouted " green blossom" in his chat as he faced Gwyn and didn't have it equipped. Cost him a no hit run on DS1...

I never thought he'd manage the trilogy ( as it's so difficult) and he did...and now this. Crazy stuff!

I hope he gets to have a rest!!

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
He did it and I am still thinking it's impossible. That's insane. I feel like a million bucks if I beat one of theses games in under 100 hours and less than 10,000 deaths, lol.

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I bet you he can't pull this off with just his feet.

I can.

157606.gif

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
That's this guy! Man I couldn't take more than a few subs of this before I had to turn it off the last time I watched him.
Do people actually like getting their internet name mispronounced and told an utterly insincere, sped read catchphrase that's been repeated a hundred times the last hour? I guess its just indoctrination 101 really.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
Did he skip Iron Keep in Dark Souls II? I would not blame him if he did. Is it even skippable?

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's insane but congrats. Wish I was good at Dark Souls, beat the first one somehow, such a draining experience I've never played another one.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Can he share some of his skill with me? I die from pretty much anything on DS, which is the reason why I only have DS1 - and it was a gift from a friend. Prepare to Die for reals... I know when I'm not good enough for a game... :(

KaufLive

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Sorry for the delay with the YouTube video, so happy it's finally up! Been a crazy week and let's just say YouTube was giving me quite a hard time...

Did he skip Iron Keep in Dark Souls II? I would not blame him if he did. Is it even skippable?
Yeah he skipped a part of DS2 by killing The Rotten four times (giving you over 1m soul memory)! This opens the Shrine of Winter without having to find all 4 Old Ones.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
That's a bit of a strawman argument, isn't it? It's not about simply playing video games, that's not what's extraordinary about this. I play video games all the time, we all do, but it's likely that none of us here have ever attempted to do something like this, we never even seriously entertained the thought, and not necessarily because we didn't think that we'd be able do it.

For instance, I just bought a complete collection of a British TV show called Lovejoy, that's 63 hours of content across 71 episode. If I was to say that I'm going to watch all of that, and I am, nobody would even bat an eyelid. But if I was to attempt to watch it all in one sitting, without sleeping, and only blinking once per episode, restarting the whole marathon every time I blinked twice... Well, it would be an extraordinary feat, quite mentally and physically taxing, and I'm pretty sure that I could even attract a following of people who would keep tabs on my progress, but I'm also sure that most folks would be like "OK, cool... But why?"

Yes, there are differences, but this was just a quick example to illustrate the gist of it. That was basically my gut reaction to this accomplishment, a mixture of respect and bafflement, and I don't see why I should have any positive bias here just because playing video games happens to be a hobby I enjoy.

He's an entertainer to 150,000 people though.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh your kink is S&M? Cute. I play Soulsborne games back to back without getting hit!

Kidding aside that's very impressive and he's a stronger man than I lol

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You mean poisoned swamps (like Blighttown in DS1)? He does, but environmental damage (like the swamps) doesn't count as long as it's not damage caused by an enemy. It's not a no-damage run, fall damage is also allowed for example, the base rule is: never get hit by an enemy or their attacks.
I'll wait for the inevitable no damage at all run, but for now, this man is already no mere mortal