• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017

Not satisfied with no hitting Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2 and Bloodbourne. The Happy Hob, fomerly The Happy Hobbit, played all the Soulsbourne games, IN A ROW without being hit.

He had to battle severe RSI, at some point only being able to use his fists to control the game, and Twitch Chat being both supportive and a distraction.

What an achievement!

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if ridiculous or just disgusting amounts of effort

He put a LOT of attempts into this wew

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Glad for him, literally a day before Sekiro. That last part was ungodly clench.

Branaghs

Oct 27, 2017
I was lucky to watch all of it today. I knew he would get this today. I am so happy for him it has been such a long road. The final run, no tattoo. So good.

OP
OP
Fevaweva

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
I have called work to say I am going to be late just to watch him do the last 2 bosses. Worth it.

MontlyCure

Oct 27, 2017
FL
The dude is a legend. So glad he was able to pull it off on his last attempt. I know he put a lot into this run!

signal

Oct 28, 2017
cukrXHz.png

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I was on the edge of my seat during that Cinder fight. The Archives were insane. The timing on finally beating the run is incredible.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Been watching him the last few weeks, fell asleep a bit earlier and woke up when he was on his way to Cinder. Couldn't believe it, just amazing!

dom

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nice achievement. Too bad you ruined it with that horrible portmanteau.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
yeah but can he do all that on bongo drums, or a DDR mat? Didn't think so.

jokes aside, did he do start the level again if he got hit at all, or did he do the entire 3 games with no hits AT ALL? because one is far crazier than the other

Hooks

Oct 27, 2017
I remember watching him grind just trying to no hit first Dark Souls, I'm so glad he completed his god run a day before Sekiro, Absolutely insane his time and dedication, I have so much respect for this dude.

I was sweating for him on the final boss, Shit was intense

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018

jokes aside, did he do start the level again if he got hit at all, or did he do the entire 3 games with no hits AT ALL? because one is far crazier than the other
All 5 games in a row without getting hit once. If he got hit on any game he started completely over.

Hooks

Oct 27, 2017

Entire 3? You mean entire 5 DeS, DS1, DS2, BB, DS3. If he got hit in any of them he had to restart back to the first game.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
All 5 games in a row without getting hit once. If he got hit on any game he started completely over.

oh wow, that's fucking insane. And I thought that was crazy with 3 games, i missed that it was the entire souls-like set. holy crap

Entire 3? You mean entire 5 DeS, DS1, DS2, BB, DS3. If he got hit in any of them he had to restart back to the first game.

Yeah I misread and thought it was just the souls games. good lord.

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Fuck me and these fucking catch phrases when someone subscribes. What did he say, the keys to fucking what?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Holy fuck he finally did it. Watched him do DS3, BB and DeS only to get hit by 1 of the garbage enemies at the start of DS1 the other day and he just looked so defeated. Incredible achievement.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck me and these fucking catch phrases when someone subscribes. What did he say, the keys to fucking what?

The keys to the Happy Hob Hotel is what he means, just a sub catch phrase as you mentioned. I imagine with the massive amount of people that subbed when he did it he short-handed quite a bit lol.

...this doesn't seem human.

Yes, what he did is unbelievably difficult. 5 entire games without getting hit once, and repeating from the start of the 5 games if you do get hit. Every day, for close to a year.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
The keys to the Happy Hob Hotel is what he means, just a sub catch phrase as you mentioned. I imagine with the massive amount of people that subbed when he did it he short-handed quite a bit lol.

Yes, what he did is unbelievably difficult. 5 entire games without getting hit once, and repeating from the start of the 5 games if you do get hit. Every day, for close to a year.

Jesus christ.

Willy

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing. Definitely one of the most impressive feats of gaming that I've ever seen.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I watched most of the DS3 run and I was so clenched during every boss fight. What a legend

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Now I have something to strive for in my life.

But seriously, you have to admire the feat, but at the same time, I get the feeling that kind of crazy dedication might have been better applied elsewhere.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
How long did this particular run take? I'm hearing that he even had to deal with one of his friends commiting suicide during it? I can't imagine the focus...

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
And he's gonna do it all over when Sekiro is out, I'm assuming.
While it is definitely insanely impressive I do have to wonder if there isn't something he could do that he might find more enjoyable than starting the series over and over on every single hit.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
And he's gonna do it all over when Sekiro is out, I'm assuming.
While it is definitely insanely impressive I do have to wonder if there isn't something he could do that he might find more enjoyable than starting the series over and over on every single hit.

Nah, he's done with it. He intends to no-hit Sekiro and do no-hits of other games (RE4 is one he's wanted to do for a while), but he said he's not going for any other marathon no-hits like this any time soon, if ever.

How long did this particular run take? I'm hearing that he even had to deal with one of his friends commiting suicide during it? I can't imagine the focus...

About a year of runs every day, more or less.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Now I have something to strive for in my life.

But seriously, you have to admire the feat, but at the same time, I get the feeling that kind of crazy dedication might have been better applied elsewhere.
He dedicated himself to a task that no one else has done, practiced many hundreds of hours, cultivated an audience and made a living off his attempts, and finally succeeded in the eleventh hour. What more can you ask of someone?