Deleted member 35011

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
They guy himself speaks Spanish fluently???
What a ginormous fucking cunt.
So I take it if those two ladies had been "white ladies who are speaking Spanish to each other" it would have been ok cause he himself is a "white man who speaks Spanish"?
How do you even think like that?

Then again, the guy as "Esquire" in his company name, so, I guess it makes sense.

Nah. You can be a white Latino, but if you're speaking Portuguese/Spanish and have the slightest hint of an accent speaking English you'll still get some "get back to your country" people. I've run into them while visiting friends in the US before. In Canada...not so much, but still have met or two racist assholes. And one who asked me why I was dating a Canadian girl, which confused me greatly.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just left the office a voicemail asking for a consultation on how to best xenophobically berate strangers for no good reason. Let's fill his voicemail box up!

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
This guy has either a plate missing or inserted into his head. I mean... I don't... speaks Spanish... rages anyway.... stalks people.... holy what?

These people are often two faced and think that they can keep it all separate, as if it's their right. I do feel bad for anyone who works for/with this guy and is caught up in it.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not surprised.

DdVMs-GW4AA9Dmx.jpg:large

tx2005

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She partnered up with a walking, talking, piece of filth. Let her decide how she'd like to proceed.

Hopefully she realizes it was a huge mistake and drops his ass.

I hope she drops his ass as well, but it sucks that she will likely suffer from this as well since her picture and name is on the same website.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I am more surprised he wasn't thrown out, quite forcefully as well.

NYC you're getting soft since I lived there.

taro

Oct 25, 2017
I did not see that coming. Se habla español? And he's feeling all mighty to talk down to these women. I won't wish him harm but if some birds wanna drop a shit on his shoulder then please do so.

Swauny Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a fellow lawyer it's hard to believe one could be THIS stupid. I'm dumbfounded right now and glad he's getting outed

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017

That's how these people's minds word. Spanish is only acceptable when he's spending a bunch of money to enjoy it abroad.

It's pure narcissistic projection.

Googleplex

Oct 25, 2017
Where are you coming from/where are you visiting?

I live in a pretty red state (Arizona) and I've never seen anything like this happen in my 29 years of living here. But it obviously happens, and obviously the most egregious examples get blasted all over social media.

This is nonsense I've been living in Arizona for 9 years and have seen multiple examples of overt racism similar to the OP

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What an absolutely disgusting piece of shit.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Naw. They'd be welcome in NM. Everyone that can speak Spanish here does.

Maybe, but it does make me wary, and it will be something to consider when I visit the US in the future. I'm not hiding that I am a Latina, I'm proud of it, but I'm not exposing family members to those attitudes. While I'm the first to admit that probably most of NYC are a bunch of good people, it does make me uncomfortable to be singled out like that in the Subway just because I'm speaking Spanish.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
MAN..............this shit happened to my step mother and step sister once at a costco, thankfully the asshole was removed from the store. Who gives a fuck if they are speaking another language to each other personally.

xnipx

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I wonder how he would have reacted to 2 white women speaking French in the same setting.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Dude trainwrecked his entire career all because he was triggered over a few strangers having a pleasant time during his lunch break. What a fucking idiot.

Deleted member 11157

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't care if he learns from this because dude's already too far gone, so I'll settle for hoping he suffers personal and professionally for the next decade and a half.

Disclaimer- no physical violence, death, or whatever, since they go low, we go blah blah blah.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Spanish people =/= Mexican or South American. There is a separation between the two that white people appreciate about Spain.
Yes, I know, but we were joking about how he even spent time in Spain and apparently "was cool with Spanish people" there.
So I made a joke about how he is cool about Spanish as long as they are in Spain and not the US.

Dude Abides

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why are so many contemporary political conflicts playing out in chain restaurants.

Also the New York State Bar Association doesn't discipline attorneys so King is barking up the wrong tree on that one.

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
Yes, I know, but we were joking about how he even spent time in Spain and apparently "was cool with Spanish people" there.
So I made a joke about how he is cool about Spanish as long as they are in Spain and not the US.

I apologize. I wasn't knocking your joke as much as putting a fine point on the ethnic prejudice that White America, Europeans and specifically Spain historically and systematically to this day roll around in regarding the South America's they left in their wake.

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
Spanish people =/= Mexican or South American. There is a separation between the two that white people appreciate about Spain. And it's nothing new. This is something that has been around since the Spanish raped (literally) and pillaged the fuck out of what is now south America.
Oh nice let's go full Leyenda Negra in Era too.
/s

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what his statement will be

My money is on:

A - that's not who I am

B - im sorry you are offended

C - taken out of context