Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just saw this movie for some reason, and good God it might be the stupidest movie I've ever seen. It's like they saw Jurassic world and went man we can make that way worse. The characters are terrible, the story is really dumb, and the ending is super dumb. It just doesn't make any sense

Oct 25, 2017
It is slightly less shit if you just remove the first like half of the movie and then treat it like a weird dino crisis adaption

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
I can watch pretty much anything, but the last 3 transformers movie and this one were downright painful to watch.

I would never recommend anyone watch it.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't seen it, but maybe elaborate more on the bad..?

The trailers all fell flat for me. I had zero desire to ever actually pay money to intentionally view this film. I don't really think the Jurassic Park series should continue if Jurassic World 1 was any indication of where the series was headed.

Deleted member 35011

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
My favorite part of the movie was when they demonstrated the dinosaurs' military capabilities by pointing a laser sight at someone, clicking, then having the dinosaur attack them.

"So if you have to mark people with a laser sight first to attack them...why not just like, shoot them? Aren't dinosaurs just less effective guns at that point?"

"Less effective but like, way more rad."

It's a dumb as fuck movie but I enjoyed it.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But it gave us this poster:

jurassic-world-2.jpg

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
I disliked Jurassic World enough that it sank any desire I had to see this one.

None of the movies comes anywhere close to living up to the original book.

OP
OP
Heromanz

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen it, but maybe elaborate more on the bad..?

The trailers all fell flat for me. I had zero desire to ever actually pay money to intentionally view this film. I don't really think the Jurassic Park series should continue if Jurassic World 1 was any indication of where the series was headed.
It's just really really stupid. But in the worst way possible. For example it continues this idea that the military wants dinosaurs for weapons but it never makes it clear why they would want them as weapons. Also the ending is so fucking stupid

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen a Jurassic movie before and liked it.

Should I watch the other ones?

passepied joe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The writing is awful but the actual direction was leagues ahead of the first. Treverrow is so bad, first looks and feels like an MCU flick

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still can't believe the ending. Like, how can we believe that everything was okay after that.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
JW was absolute trash, so I'm not at all surprised. It basically contained every trope and cliche under the sun.

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
Jurassic Park was an interesting concept for exactly 1 movie. It is not a concept that has the legs to be a franchise.

Aug 1, 2018
The only thought in my head after a certain point in that movie was that I really want a Dino Crisis movie.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
It is one of the dumbest, most expensive things made by humans. I still really enjoyed it. It's got craft and vitality and spades of ridiculous dinosaur action, more than any other JP sequel.

Bayona's skillful direction is just so at odds with Trevorrow's script. I actually sort of feel bad for tearing into the script because it's like criticizing something written by a five-year-old.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing this whole thread is sarcasm. Best one since the original, incredible directing, music, effects, storyboarding, and sheer horror imagery. Story was fun too, first JP movie since the first to actually expand on the promises it made.

Still can't believe the ending. Like, how can we believe that everything was okay after that.

How did you get the impression that it was supposed to be okay after that?

MarkN

Oct 13, 2018
Worst movie I've seen at the theatre in a while. Also, that....that little girl single handedly doomed humanity.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't mind the movie much when it was basically a terrible remake of Lost World (yeah... I know) but then suddenly that twist moving into second half of the movie happened. It's so stupid. Who thought this is a good idea for a JP movie and who decided to ok this script?

I really hated all the characters too, everyone is so stupid. The movie really reminded me of Alien Covenant more than anything, that held the record for the most fucking stupid I've seen before this at a theater.

Firebricks

Jan 27, 2018
It's so dumb that I think they purposefully made it as brain dead as possible just because they could. Good direction tho.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
the premise starts with the island full of dinosaurs that kill people is going to blow up. Why fuck with a problem that is going to fix itself and the only thing you have to do is kill time?

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I didn't mind the movie much when it was basically a terrible remake of Lost World (yeah... I know) but then suddenly that twist moving into second half of the movie happened. It's so stupid. Who thought this is a good idea for a JP movie and who decided to ok this script?
Probably Spielberg.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
The worst part was the auction...only $4m for a mother fucking dinosaur?!?

Yeah there are more outwardly dumb things bit this felt like a child writing the screenplay who thought 4 Mil was a lot of money lmao.

The next film could be good if it stops trying to be a real movie and fully embraces the schlock.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Yeah, it was dreadful. It was insultingly stupid and felt like it was written by a 12 year old. The auction was so bad it was hilarious.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
No one wants the dinosaurs to die.
These movies only work if you think the characters are super blind to their privilege. The dinosaurs shouldn't have been made and they shouldn't haven't been remade the 5 times after the first time. Stop giving BD Wong in a lab coat a blank check, nothing good will come from it