• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
www.cnn.com

Live updates: Donald Trump's hush money trial

Jury selection for the remaining alternates continues Friday in former President Donald Trump's hush money criminal trial. Follow here for the latest live news updates, analysis and more.

A man lit himself on fire outside of the courthouse where the Trump trial is underway, two law enforcement sources confirmed to CNN.
The man walked into the park across the street from the courthouse, throwing flyers into the air, a senior law enforcement official told CNN. He then pulled something out of a backpack — it was not immediately clear what the item was — and lit himself on fire, the official said.

Investigators are now fanning out to collect the flyers the unknown man threw into the air, another senior law enforcement official. A CNN team on the ground observed one of the flyers. It said "NYU is a mob front" and had various allegations of wrongdoings against the school.

At least one person used a fire extinguisher to try to put out the blaze, and an EMT rushed up to the man and tried to render aid, according to CNN's Laura Coates, who narrated the scene unfolding in front of her outside the courthouse.
New York Police Department officials will brief the media from the park within the hour.
Further details were not immediately available.

What a world.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Investigators are now fanning out to collect the flyers the unknown man threw into the air, another senior law enforcement official. A CNN team on the ground observed one of the flyers. It said "NYU is a mob front" and had various allegations of wrongdoings against the school.

On the surface it seems like the location was more opportunistic to get eyes on whatever they have against NYU than explicitly Trump related.

wholahay

Dec 18, 2017
This guy is... definitely just sort of around? I saw some people on Twitter posting how they had received "NYU is a mob front" fliers from him only a few days ago. I don't think this actually has much to do with Trump.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This CNN play-by-play is absolutely insane to watch.

Most sane Trump supporter.

He might actually just be an anti-government person, rather than a Trump supporter

(Edit: Changed my wording a bit. "Crazy" wasn't the right word to use here.)

View: https://twitter.com/JasonBNicholas/status/1781390478417543187/photo/1

Last edited by a moderator:

Mango Pilot

Apr 8, 2024

On the surface it seems like the location was more opportunistic to get eyes on whatever they have against NYU than explicitly Trump related.
Yeah, trump supporters are selfish idiots. They don't seem like the type to set themselves in fire. He probably saw all the cameras and wanted eyes on his stunt.

Tony72495

Apr 26, 2019
This guy is... definitely just sort of around? I saw some people on Twitter posting how they had received "NYU is a mob front" fliers from him only a few days ago. I don't think this actually has much to do with Trump.

Now I'm really interested in knowing what horrible things the mob front has done that are bad enough to set yourself on fire.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
A terrible way to go, and clearly this person needed professional help. Not going to speculate at all on why this person did it, but damn I cannot imagine a worst way to die.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
This play by play live on CNN is something

I feel supremely happy about the fact that news organizations where I live would cut away from the scene and come back later to report the known facts about what happened instead of immediatly turning it into a football commentary track, jesus christ man

Last edited by a moderator:

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Like listening to a baseball announcer describe a crazy play live, but horribly depressing.

Jul 15, 2022
He wrote a blog post about it here. It's unhinged nonsense, as expected.

theponzipapers.substack.com

I have set myself on fire outside the Trump Trial.

My name is Max Azzarello, and I am an investigative researcher who has set himself on fire outside of the Trump trial in Manhattan. This extreme act of protest is to draw attention to an urgent and important discovery: We are victims of a totalitarian con, and our own government (along with many...

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely tragic. hope those that witnessed it are able to get the therapy/care they need to be ok.

JSRF

"This guy are sick"
Aug 23, 2023
Didn't see a Simpsons monorail episode reference in his manifesto coming

Seems like his whole thing is hating cryptocurrency

Sarobi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Inflammatory Commentary; Dismissing Concerns of Mental Health; Ableism
I'm quite entertained by the fact that this was done by a crazy person who has no motivations other than being a crazy person.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

My name is Max Azzarello, and I am an investigative researcher who has set himself on fire outside of the Trump trial in Manhattan. This extreme act of protest is to draw attention to an urgent and important discovery: We are victims of a totalitarian con, and our own government (along with many...
…wasn't expecting a Marge vs The Monorail reference.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how fast people track down info about people these days.

Dhx

Sep 27, 2019
That live commentary is a bit much. Why the hell do weed a moment by moment account of a man burning to death?

"I smell burning flesh!"

I don't necessarily blame the reporter, but the show director should have cut away.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey

This reads like some QAnon conspiracy theory