• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
He wrote a blog post about it here. It's unhinged nonsense, as expected.

theponzipapers.substack.com

I have set myself on fire outside the Trump Trial.

My name is Max Azzarello, and I am an investigative researcher who has set himself on fire outside of the Trump trial in Manhattan. This extreme act of protest is to draw attention to an urgent and important discovery: We are victims of a totalitarian con, and our own government (along with many...
Stopped at "I investigated online." Nothing good comes out of that. It's all unsubstantiated tweets and conspiracy theory YouTubers at that point.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

My name is Max Azzarello, and I am an investigative researcher who has set himself on fire outside of the Trump trial in Manhattan. This extreme act of protest is to draw attention to an urgent and important discovery: We are victims of a totalitarian con, and our own government (along with many...
If you follow this story and the links below, you will discover the rotten truth of 'post-truth America'. You will learn the scariest and stupidest story in world history.
Yes, it is a stupid story you have there.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Guy comparing himself to Lisa Simpson while maintaining that the Simpsons are partly responsible for the giant conspiracy is some ooooof shit.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Just like the last time we had a thread about someone doing this, I'm going to say this is a tragedy and will ultimately accomplish nothing other than to sadden his family and friends. Horrible loss.

pyxl_8

Oct 27, 2017
Stopped at "I investigated online." Nothing good comes out of that. It's all unsubstantiated tweets and conspiracy theory YouTubers at that point.

You should have kept going to where it gets into The Simpsons

As it turns out, dozens of the writers of The Simpsons went to Harvard. So I asked myself the question: If The Simpsons served the interests of organized crime, how would it do so?

Well, it offers a dysfunctional family suffering from moral decay, a community incapable of solving its problems, a worker drone who slaves away for an evil billionaire, and cathartic laughs for our poor collective circumstances.

There are some notable specifics as it relates to this research, too: In Marge vs. The Monorail, the townsfolk are too oafish and divided to invest in the town's needs (fix Main Street) and fall for the charms of a dazzling showman with a bogus monorail Ponzi scheme. When we know that the show is closely linked to an organization that invests billions of dollars in Ponzi factories, this becomes quite damning.

In Lisa the Iconoclast, Lisa discovers that town founder Jebediah Springfield was a secret criminal con artist, and that the townsfolk's lives are a lie. Realizing this is an important discovery, she desperately tries to get the townsfolk to listen to her. But they meet her with hostility, apathy, disbelief, and partisanship and she fails to get through to them. Ultimately, she realizes the town is so far gone that perhaps it's better for them to be lied to by con artists, and she keeps the secret to herself.

And here I've been, like Lisa Simpson, desperately trying to get friends, family, and the public to believe the proof of a totalitarian con I'm trying to show them, and they've turned away with hostility, apathy, disbelief, and partisanship.

And so, we realize the criminal truth of The Simpsons: Our elites are telling us that our eroding collective circumstances are our own fault, and we can't do anything about it, while they steal the American Dream from us. It is, for lack of a more elegant word, brainwashing.

Fuckin… what

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

Good lord

DinkyDev

Feb 5, 2021
Do not go looking for more footage as there is some worse than that CNN clip.

Tragic and needless.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017

I, uh, never expected to see an individual like this compare themselves to Lisa Simpson. Dunno why that stands out to me as the craziest part of all of this, but it does.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017

So ponzi schemes are economic doomsday devices made to shatter the world economy.

Umm.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
I was browsing his ig as I have a friend who apparently went to college with him and he seemed like he was a normal guy up until the pandemic. This sucks.

Tony72495

Apr 26, 2019

So against my better judgement I actually sat through and read a fair amount of this.

This is like actually really sad, the insane ramblings on that page.

TL;DR seems to be that, in his view, crypto like Bitcoin is actually the foundation of the biggest Ponzi scheme in history all orchestrated by fascist governments and rich people and the secret elite, and eventually they plan to let this massive Ponzi scheme collapse and that will apparently trigger an apocalyptic level economic crash across the world, and then all the rich and powerful people will somehow still be rich and powerful, but all of us regular poor people will become worth literally nothing, less than dirt, and we'll all be turned into slaves by the elite in order to have any kind of ability to live at all.

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
Not only is crypto a ponzi scheme, but the government created Covid-19 to mask stock market manipulation? This is....something.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
So against my better judgement I actually sat through and read a fair amount of this.

This is like actually really sad, the insane ramblings on that page.

TL;DR seems to be that, in his view, crypto like Bitcoin is actually the foundation of the biggest Ponzi scheme in history all orchestrated by fascist governments and rich people and the secret elite, and eventually they plan to let this massive Ponzi scheme collapse and that will apparently trigger an apocalyptic level economic crash across the world, and then all the rich and powerful people will somehow still be rich and powerful, but all of us regular poor people will become worth literally nothing, less than dirt, and we'll all be turned into slaves by the elite in order to have any kind of ability to live at all.

I mean, you had me in the first half.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Per press conference right now, he's alive, in critical condition, from Florida

Not intending to sound crass here, but if I were him, I wouldn't want to wake up. The level of pain from burns like that will be unfathomably awful, and his lungs are probably permanently ruined. If he does survive and ever wakes up, whatever life he has left will be nonstop suffering, and that's horrific to think about.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
IDK why the immediate jump was this dude being a Trump supporter, if they were a Trump supporter they would've tried to take other people with them.

Stuntman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit that manifesto is something else. He prolly got crypto scammed so got obsessed into uncovering a shadow plot to control the world in his mind.

A phostumus heads up to this dude: There's no conspiracy there's no need for one, it's capitalism and it's fucking you up on broad daylight.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017

These claims sound like fantastical conspiracy theory
they indeed do.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Some terrible footage, wish I could unsee it. What a horrible way to go.

Doubtful he survives the night.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit that manifesto is something else. He prolly got crypto scammed so got obsessed into uncovering a shadow plot to control the world in his mind.

That's what came to my mind when I saw his focus on crypto as well. Like it's someone that bought into it and something broke hard when it didn't work out the way he thought it would.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

Just a mess of conspiracy-addled buzzwords and names. Not a coherent thought there.