Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Boy's Abyss 31-57 (Current)
E4TBtvDXIAM_J7a

Every single one of these characters would fit right into a Silent Hill game.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Batuque ch. 1-12

Just found out about this one, and so far it gets a recommendation from me. A fight epic about Capoeira, early on it starts with a lot of intrigue and real history lessons on Afro-Brazilian culture. Protagonist is a Japanese high school girl but isn't portrayed like a typical one. 10 chapters in and she's already given up the skirt for long pants.

Oct 25, 2017
Witch Watch 19

Nice chapter, but I wish he wasn't going back to just repeat Sket-Dan, except now, just with a Witch running the help anyone with an errand club thing.

Nine Dragon's Ball Parade 18

Hibuse is so epic...looking forward to how he gets taken down. Without him Benikoma may be nothing to write home about.

Magu Chan 48

Naputaaku getting the father's approval and then beaming was the best.

Last edited:

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
My Hero Academia 317

I was wondering when Stain would pop back up again, though had been expecting him to be clearing out his share of villains too. Punished Deku looking badass while taking out the trash but I do miss the old kid.

Dr. Stone 201

Hopefully Chrome doesn't fall back now Xeno is taking charge of a lot of the science, seems he'll maybe be getting a rival in Suika or at least I hope she gets the push up now she's older. A lot happened this chapter and Euro trip ahoy!

Oct 25, 2017
Cop and Dolphin 47 END

Surfing Samejima is cool.

Series kicked off once it got into the cult arc, honestly should have been that from the start. Can remembering nothing about the beginning at all.

Wanted to see a few more faces in this 10years later though, like Murofushi.

Oct 25, 2017
Candy Flurry 9

Okay the extending stick was amazing.

BLue Box 10
E4V0n6IXEAEyo_q

Laughed so much from that whole scene before the pressure point.

TaikiHaryu scenes are the best though.

Oct 25, 2017
Magu-chan 48

A very sweet chapter, and kind of a downer for Father's Day. Magu tries so hard.

Sakamoto Days 28

"20 minutes? I only need five" Hell yeah.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Candy Flurry is starting to win me over, at first I thought it was a ridiculous concept even by shonen jump standards but this new chapter was pretty great love the whole debate between lollipops and popcorn.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
The Elusive Samurai 21

Really feels like this series is starting to hit its stride where all the characters have had a moment or two and I can appreciate them now. I've wanted these two retainers to have focus and I'm so glad we got that here. The "demons in hell" line was soooooo good

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Cop and Dolphin 47 END

Surfing Samejima is cool.

Series kicked off once it got into the cult arc, honestly should have been that from the start. Can remembering nothing about the beginning at all.

Wanted to see a few more faces in this 10years later though, like Murofushi.

Yeah it wrapped up fine. I wish it was a little more serious instead of the original idea of "squid-man emerges from the sea, hillariously causes crime, it's time for the hard-boiled cop and his partner a dolphin-man, to take him out to sea!" It really hit its stride once they were heading underwater to fight the cultists, making only 2 huge arcs in the series: sea monster-man of the day causing crime, and the battle underwater with the sea cult.

MadnB

Oct 25, 2017
I was hopeful for Nine Dragons at the start, but these last chapters didn't grab me. I think I might like Blue Box more even in the sports aspect, despite being mostly romance

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Candy Flurry still pretty boring tbh. I just feel nothing reading it, reminds me of Phantom Seer in that way

Good week for everything else, though. Witch Watch and Magu-chan brought it with some sweet father's day chapters, Mashle continues to be fun with those absurd shenanigans, and Elusive Samurai is doing right by its side characters, which is good to see.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Candy Flurry has really picked up since the exam started, yeah. I loved her just fucking roasting the popcorn guy. That was great.

"I don't want to hear that from somebody with that shirt" fucking slayed me.

Still, best thing in Jump this week was either Blue Box or MHA. I really adore how... idk how to put it, I guess restrained Blue Box is? It's just so sweet and measured. I feel like with a lot of other series, everything is so over the top that it just sort of fades into a raucous noise like some really terrible DJ mix. Blue Box keeps itself focused, but still with plenty of humor and heart.

MHA is just on this whole other level artwise compared to everything else in the magazine aside from maybe some of the monthlies, but honestly... just outrageous how good Horikoshi is lately. Plot is moving in interesting ways too.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Trash. We never said it wasn't, but damn, it's like watching a telenovela with how everything keeps escalating.

I'm actually a bit disappointed that
the mom didn't actively try to seduce her son more when they agreed to commit suicide together. Like having the mc actually sleep with his mom after agreeing to die together would have been the perfect level of depravity and fucked up content to keep things escalating.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually a bit disappointed that
the mom didn't actively try to seduce her son more when they agreed to commit suicide together. Like having the mc actually sleep with his mom after agreeing to die together would have been the perfect level of depravity and fucked up content to keep things escalating.
I'd like to think the author knows not to cross THAT line. I hope...

That or there's actual rules against that or the editor jumped in. It's in the same magazine, Young Jump, as Kaguya-sama after all. This is the manga that made me realize that the "4 pages of sex is allowed in Young Jump" joke in Kaguya is actually super real.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I'd like to think the author knows not to cross THAT line. I hope...

That or there's actual rules against that or the editor jumped in. It's in the same magazine, Young Jump, as Kaguya-sama after all. This is the manga that made me realize that the "4 pages of sex is allowed in Young Jump" joke in Kaguya is actually super real.

This mangaka? Editor/rules must have happened, considering
by all accounts the mother is probably the biggest villain in the story
it would have been in character for her to do that.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This mangaka? Editor/rules must have happened, considering
by all accounts the mother is probably the biggest villain in the story
it would have been in character for her to do that.
It is in character, I don't disagree. That would just be a step too far for me personally. Would turn it from "trash but fun trash" to "oh god, I want to throw up".

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Candy Flurry has really picked up since the exam started, yeah. I loved her just fucking roasting the popcorn guy. That was great.

"I don't want to hear that from somebody with that shirt" fucking slayed me.

Shit was hilarious, honestly when was the last time a protagonist just straight up roasted an enemy's outfit lmao

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm also enjoying Candy Flurry recently. I hope it gets more of a fighting chance in it's rankings

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019
I've been really engaged with Candy Flurry since the first chapter, so I'm glad to see opinions on it seem to be turning around somewhat.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Candy Flurry is a mediocre series, it's attempts at comedy are terrible, and it's action while decent really doesn't do enough with it's candy premise.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Batuque ch. 1-12

Just found out about this one, and so far it gets a recommendation from me. A fight epic about Capoeira, early on it starts with a lot of intrigue and real history lessons on Afro-Brazilian culture. Protagonist is a Japanese high school girl but isn't portrayed like a typical one. 10 chapters in and she's already given up the skirt for long pants.

hmm, that's a sick sell already. might keep my eye out

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind Candy Flurry but it's clearly taking its time when I'm not totally sure it can afford to. Folks clearly just don't have the patience they used to have, y'know? I think the days of being able to wait years to introduce your Big Bad are long gone.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Batuque ch. 1-12

Looked up the mangaka, and he seems passionate.
Dwhx8JAVYAEzkvu.jpg