• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Tell you what, so long as any complaints about it are kept to reports that's fine. I don't want there being any dogpiling just because someone made a simple mistake that anyone could. Especially considering this stuff isn't always announced by the publishers properly (I only found out about Kubo Can't Be Seen because I clicked on the app looking for One-Punch Man on the right Wednesday). Anyone doing any dogpiling over this gets a ban. Just send a report and we'll fix it, but you start having a go at the poster in any way you get hit.

I'll also expect any new simulpub announcements to get posted in the thread as they come out, just so people (including mods) can keep track of what's where and when.

But again, anyone does any dogpiling at all as a result of this and they get banned. And if the dogpiling keeps happening despite bans we're going back to the old rules. This goes for any sort of shaming or anything like that towards those who either don't want to wait or don't have said simulpubs available. Do that and you eat a ban. I just want it to be abundantly clear that any sort of gatekeeping or shaming or anything along those lines is wholly unacceptable and we'll be coming down on it hard. We don't want to deal with any inter- or intra-community warring. Someone starts any of that shit and they're gone. Don't care who complains.

If everyone can agree to this, then fine.
This is completely fair, I had a list of series that were officially simulpubbed awhile ago. I'll try and update it with a schedule of when stuff releases and see if I can work with LaunchpadMcQ to make sure it stays up to date in the OP.

Edit here is a copy paste of my old list, I'll work on updating it later this weekend and trying to get dates and regions for people

I dunno about a full list, but sites/app that have some level of simulpublish include (for the USA market only)

Viz's Shonen Jump
Manga +
Crunchyroll
Comixology Unlimited
Mangamo
Bookwalker

I know there are some others that were announced that I don't believe launched yet, and I know a few of those have similar catalogue, but this should be a decent starting point. Also usually places with the same series have the same translation, the rare variance is whenever viz licenses a manga+ series like Kaiju no 8. Manga+ has a different team translating it as Monster no 8 which is how they're able to keep the full series on their app (monster 8 is a much worse translation fwiw). Also the crunchyroll app/reader sucks and crashes a lot.

Starting with my own list of simulpublished manga I'm reading, plus a quick skim of the apps I use for series I'm not reading here is something more definitive

Viz Jump (also on M+) (* means it's not on the jump app due to a content warning and must be read on viz's website)

Agravity Boys
Ayakashi Triangle*
Black Clover
Blue Exorcist
Boruto
Build Kings
Burn The Witch
Chainsaw Man
Dr Stone
Ghost Reaper Girl
Hard-Boiled Cop and Dolphin
Hell's Paradise*
High School Family
Hunter x Hunter
Jujutsu Kaisen
Kaiju No 8
Magu-Chan: God of Destruction
Mashle Magic & Muscles
Me & Roboco
Mission Yozokura Family
Moriking
My Hero Academia
MHA: Vigilantes
One Piece
Our Blood Oath
Phantom Seer
Platinum End*
Sakamoto Days
Seraph of the End
Spy x Family
Twin Star Exorcist
Undead Unluck
We Never Learn
World Trigger

Manga+

Deranged Detective
Excuse Me Dentist
Heart Gear
Hokkaido Gals
Soloist In A Cage
Summer Time Rendering
World's End Harem Britannia Lumiere
The Vertical World
Tis Time For Torture Princess
Abyss Rage

Crunchyroll/Comixology Unlimited

Attack on Titan
Eden's Zero
Heroic Legend Of Arslan
UQ Holder
Cardcaptor Sakura Clear
Ghost In The Shell Human Algorithm
To Your Eternity
Ajin
Space Brothers

Crunchyroll

Talentless Nana

This list does not include series on these services that have completed their run, just ongoing series you can read same day as Japan. I also removed a few series that aren't true simulpubs like D-Gray Man since viz seems to upload their app when they release a new volume so it's not a true simulpub. If anyone knows of any obvious omissions (and don't say HxH we're not sure how that'll be handled whenever it comes back. It's not on viz's app to read the backlog like the other simulpublish series despite them simulpublishing it in the past) or if anyone is more familiar with the apps I don't use like Bookwalker I'll be happy to edit, update this.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I'll just say that I'm still surprised by the general laxism regarding illegal scans considering the amount of artists saying they're definitely not happy people read them (even more when official releases are available/on their way) but whatever, too tired to argue about this.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Sakamoto Days

This arc has been hype as hell. I almost thought that his wife was also badass, but it was a disguise. Still a great scene though.

Spy X Family

Seems the cruise arc is wrapping up now. The last two assassins unknowingly getting blown up was hilarious.

Oct 25, 2017
BLue Box
FDCkKbDXMAMSRo3

what would this manga be without HaryuTaiki. Best.

Elusive Samurai

Best page of the week?!

FDCo7RkXMAUkw-v

Last edited:
OP
OP
LaunchpadMcQ

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm coming into the spoiler conversation a bit late now. I appreciate the input and help from the mod team with the recent incident.

There's been some talk around it, but regarding the spoiler rule in the OP - I had considered revising it before posting the OT earlier this year and decided against trying to overcomplicate the rules surrounding spoilers, but I definitely agree it could be better. Rereading it now, I specifically think it was intended around written spoilers rather than image spoilers, and that's definitely something that I hadn't considered at the time, either. It is much easier to scroll through a page and accidentally absorb a piece of information from an image than it is from text, even if they are labeled correctly with the work and chapter numbers.

The two points of discussion I see are whether a licensed work has not been officially published in English can be discussed without tags (simulpub fits that, but keeping in mind other works that maybe readers are waiting for an official release on), and whether we need to specify spoiler tags need only apply to images. Keeping in mind actual thread traffic, I'll use Kaguya as an example - most of the thread is reading chapters that have not been officially published in English and sometimes posting images. While I understand that its not a series that is heavily rooted in event discussion, sometimes things are not tagged even though some readers may be waiting for the Viz releases. It is, in fact, something I personally have to avoid when I check in on the thread and a new chapter is out.

Keeping that kind of thing in mind, I feel like the rule should take these two factors into consideration and be something like - "You are welcome to post words and images on works that have been officially published in English freely (i.e. through Shonen Jump app, Viz, Kodansha, etc.). However, if posting words and images on a chapter or work that has not been officially released in English as of the post date, please use spoiler tags in your post. Please check Baka-Updates and official publisher if you have questions on whether or how much of a work has been published in English."

Those are my rough thoughts on the matter and I'd like to get some input before doing anything further. I don't really want to put something in that's half-baked and the rest of the thread isn't on board with, so please let me know if I'm totally off-base here.

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
Golden Kamuy 295

The bodies are really starting to stack up now. This is going to be a hell of a finale.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm coming into the spoiler conversation a bit late now. I appreciate the input and help from the mod team with the recent incident.

There's been some talk around it, but regarding the spoiler rule in the OP - I had considered revising it before posting the OT earlier this year and decided against trying to overcomplicate the rules surrounding spoilers, but I definitely agree it could be better. Rereading it now, I specifically think it was intended around written spoilers rather than image spoilers, and that's definitely something that I hadn't considered at the time, either. It is much easier to scroll through a page and accidentally absorb a piece of information from an image than it is from text, even if they are labeled correctly with the work and chapter numbers.

The two points of discussion I see are whether a licensed work has not been officially published in English can be discussed without tags (simulpub fits that, but keeping in mind other works that maybe readers are waiting for an official release on), and whether we need to specify spoiler tags need only apply to images. Keeping in mind actual thread traffic, I'll use Kaguya as an example - most of the thread is reading chapters that have not been officially published in English and sometimes posting images. While I understand that its not a series that is heavily rooted in event discussion, sometimes things are not tagged even though some readers may be waiting for the Viz releases. It is, in fact, something I personally have to avoid when I check in on the thread and a new chapter is out.

Keeping that kind of thing in mind, I feel like the rule should take these two factors into consideration and be something like - "You are welcome to post words and images on works that have been officially published in English freely (i.e. through Shonen Jump app, Viz, Kodansha, etc.). However, if posting words and images on a chapter or work that has not been officially released in English as of the post date, please use spoiler tags in your post. Please check Baka-Updates and official publisher if you have questions on whether or how much of a work has been published in English."

Those are my rough thoughts on the matter and I'd like to get some input before doing anything further. I don't really want to put something in that's half-baked and the rest of the thread isn't on board with, so please let me know if I'm totally off-base here.

That sounds fine to me.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Drifting Classroom vol 1 (Dropped)
Picked this up at the library this week, and while there are some aspects of this I really like, i'm not going to go back and get the remaining volumes. The whole supernatural psychic/time travel communication aspect of the plot is really dumb, and I don't particularly feel compelled to see how this ends

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017

Look, nobody wants to make it too complicated. There's a lot of stuff that comes out when the volumes hit that people want to talk about weekly and they should be given a space to do so.

If someone wants to wait on the volume to have discussion then that's on them to do so. I don't want people getting driven out to accommodate maybe 2 people's preferences. Especially when release dates across the world can vary so wildly. Keep in mind, we are an international forum, it's not just US readers here.

If you want to wait for the volumes, I made a thread for that a long time ago. Go talk in there. Making things too complicated will just drive people off and in all honesty it's way too hard to moderate given we're an international forum.

So my suggestion would be to just go with what I outlined the other day for now. That's what we're going to enforce and what we'll be holding everyone to.

Edit: I also want to note there's people from Japan on the forum and this would basically be telling them they can't talk about stuff once it's out legally.

All of you need to understand that this is an international forum, with people who live all over the world and it has to have rules that reflect this.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Edit: I also want to note there's people from Japan on the forum and this would basically be telling them they can't talk about stuff once it's out legally.
in the context of one piece, no one from jpn was talking about one piece before it was even on sell in jpn, I dont understand your point for bringing jpn people up for this.

also unsure why you want to be the sole decider for something that clearly affects multiple people. multiple people should be able to share their voice and view on this and come to an agreement, not put it in the hand of a single person to decide for us all

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
in the context of one piece, no one from jpn was talking about one piece before it was even on sell in jpn, I dont understand your point for bringing jpn people up for this.

also unsure why you want to be the sole decider for something that clearly affects multiple people. multiple people should be able to share their voice and view on this and come to an agreement, not put it in the hand of a single person to decide for us all
It's not about talking about One Piece before it's on sale in Japan, it's about talking about any number of manga that're published in Japan long before they get official releases elsewhere. People read translations of those series and wanna discuss them. Such is life!

Spoiler tags for stuff that simulpubs is a fair middle point, and it's where the rule's gonna stay. If you only want to discuss official releases, that's what the other thread is for; insisting that people only talk about stuff that lacks official releases is a confusing headache given the forum's international audience. It's easy enough to say "well, it's just a tag," but IME as a staff member, people have a tendency to flip right out when they think spoiler rules are being violated, regardless of whether or not that's true, so it's in everybody's best interest to try and keep things generous.

LaunchpadMcQ , you mind adding that to the OP?

Oct 25, 2017
It's not about talking about One Piece before it's on sale in Japan, it's about talking about any number of manga that're published in Japan long before they get official releases elsewhere. People read translations of those series and wanna discuss them. Such is life!
?

no one ever had any issue with people talking about series published in jpn with no int'l releases. Those posts even generated discussion and interest and are still available in the thread. They even had images embedded. I feel the admins and mods are missing the point of why this (for simulpubs like OP) was even brought up in the first place and escalating this much greater than it needs to be. (fears of people piling on other people, what?)

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
?

no one ever had any issue with people talking about series published in jpn with no int'l releases. Those posts even generated discussion and interest and are still available in the thread. They even had images embedded. I feel the admins and mods are missing the point of why this (for simulpubs like OP) was even brought up in the first place and escalating this much greater than it needs to be. (fears of people piling on other people, what?)
I didn't say no international releases, lol.

And, like, yeah, that's one of the concerns. Any new rule we implement has to consider a) can we stick to this universally? and b) what're the knock-on effects of this rule going to be? Like, for example, in a thread last year I basically told people to knock it off with the doomposting, and to this day people are still yelling at and reporting each other for doomposting. Spoiler tags for leaked simulpub chapters is a reasonable middle point, but given how long it can take between release and localization even for works that *have* confirmed official volume releases, and how much discussion is made of stuff like e.g. Kaguya, we're gonna stick with drawing the line there.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Just so we're on the same page here, B-Dubs and Poodlestrike, what's the other thread you're referencing?
www.resetera.com

Manga Spoiler-Free |OT| The Digital Future OT

Talking about a non-Viz release - Apothecary Diaries has an official release now, so go check that out if you like mystery/medical/romcom/historical stories

Part of what happened the last time this question came up was the making of this thread. Idea was to basically introduce the kind of distinction people use for leaks for popular games: one (or many) threads to talk about officially released material, and a thread for spoilers, which is the one we're in now. Well, at the time it was OT1, but you get the idea.

Back then, the ask was more "don't have discussion of translations for series that're getting official releases, period." Which is not really the case here, but it's reminiscent, thus the initial confusion.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Look, nobody wants to make it too complicated. There's a lot of stuff that comes out when the volumes hit that people want to talk about weekly and they should be given a space to do so.

If someone wants to wait on the volume to have discussion then that's on them to do so. I don't want people getting driven out to accommodate maybe 2 people's preferences. Especially when release dates across the world can vary so wildly. Keep in mind, we are an international forum, it's not just US readers here.

If you want to wait for the volumes, I made a thread for that a long time ago. Go talk in there. Making things too complicated will just drive people off and in all honesty it's way too hard to moderate given we're an international forum.

So my suggestion would be to just go with what I outlined the other day for now. That's what we're going to enforce and what we'll be holding everyone to.

All of you need to understand that this is an international forum, with people who live all over the world and it has to have rules that reflect this.
Try being a fan of BL manga that usually gets released in French, Spanish, and German, and then you have to cross your fingers that a year or two after that, someone will pick it up for an English language release….

OP
OP
LaunchpadMcQ

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Manga Spoiler-Free |OT| The Digital Future OT

Talking about a non-Viz release - Apothecary Diaries has an official release now, so go check that out if you like mystery/medical/romcom/historical stories

Part of what happened the last time this question came up was the making of this thread. Idea was to basically introduce the kind of distinction people use for leaks for popular games: one (or many) threads to talk about officially released material, and a thread for spoilers, which is the one we're in now. Well, at the time it was OT1, but you get the idea.

Back then, the ask was more "don't have discussion of translations for series that're getting official releases, period." Which is not really the case here, but it's reminiscent, thus the initial confusion.
I think there were good intentions for that Spoiler-Free thread, but the reality is it hasn't been used in months and a large portion of the use that it was getting then is just the normal discussion that happens here when simulpub chapters are released. I understand not wanting to scare people off, this thread isn't super active as it is, but I feel having a whole different thread and telling people to go post there instead creates the same problem.

What I'm realizing, however, is that there's not going to be a perfect solution to this problem. I would love to have that right now, but I feel like there are 20 different ways of cutting this up, and it's going to make some folks happy and others not so much. To B-Dubs' earlier point of this being an international forum, that idea would actually better suggest we need to pull back on regulating the spoilers in the first place. I feel even pushing to have tags on simulpub series might be encroaching on that, but I think given the stature of those series and the way they are discussed here, it's a fair measure if the users in the thread can live with it.

Also, I do want to say, I meant no offense to anyone with the earlier suggestion of tagging anything that has not had an official english releases. That was only suggested on the basis of this being a primarily english speaking forum. I read manga in other languages that have not been published in english, so I would have had to tag my thoughts on those based on what I suggested earlier, as well.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I think there were good intentions for that Spoiler-Free thread, but the reality is it hasn't been used in months and a large portion of the use that it was getting then is just the normal discussion that happens here when simulpub chapters are released. I understand not wanting to scare people off, this thread isn't super active as it is, but I feel having a whole different thread and telling people to go post there instead creates the same problem.

What I'm realizing, however, is that there's not going to be a perfect solution to this problem. I would love to have that right now, but I feel like there are 20 different ways of cutting this up, and it's going to make some folks happy and others not so much. To B-Dubs' earlier point of this being an international forum, that idea would actually better suggest we need to pull back on regulating the spoilers in the first place. I feel even pushing to have tags on simulpub series might be encroaching on that, but I think given the stature of those series and the way they are discussed here, it's a fair measure if the users in the thread can live with it.

Also, I do want to say, I meant no offense to anyone with the earlier suggestion of tagging anything that has not had an official english releases. That was only suggested on the basis of this being a primarily english speaking forum. I read manga in other languages that have not been published in english, so I would have had to tag my thoughts on those based on what I suggested earlier, as well.
Yeah. Nobody's ever really 100% happy with rules, or rule changes. Just trying to find an acceptable middle ground, is all.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
IMO, posts about more popular series that have dedicated threads should go in those threads. For example, the Kaguya OT only has 4 pages (and hasn't been posted in since April). It seems there are more posts about the series here than in the OT, for some strange reason.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
IMO, posts about more popular series that have dedicated threads should go in those threads. For example, the Kaguya OT only has 4 pages (and hasn't been posted in since April). It seems there are more posts about the series here than in the OT, for some strange reason.
It's kind of just a gravitational problem. If there's enough people reading the series to sustain a thread, they'll do it on their own, and in so doing, become a community unto itself. If there's not, they'll drift back to whatever the central place for discussion is. Trying to over-regulate these things rarely goes well, so we mostly only do it when it's a genuine problem for discussion.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
In my mind, if the chapters haven't even hit store shelves/online services even in Japan, those (stolen) leaks should be spoiler-tagged. That's where I'm at. Back when I first walked in here, people were posting full pages of Chainsawman on Fridays... Stuff like that.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

It's not strange, how many of us even knew/remembered there was an OT for it lol

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
Red Hood transitioning to an ending about the world getting cancelled because the readers arent interested is definitely an interesting choice.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Red Hood transitioning to an ending about the world getting cancelled because the readers arent interested is definitely an interesting choice.

I am dying about it became such a fascinating train wreck, I just read the latest chapter, this series is officially Time Paradox Ghostwriter tier for me now

Oct 25, 2017
omg futekiya getting something i really wanted to read, nice. (guess i missed this way back on august 1, or maybe I did mention it and forgot, oh well)

We are pleased to announce the license acquisition of the following titles* from Libre Inc.:

• Dakaretai Otoko No.1 ni Odosareteimasu. Volumes 1-7 by Hashigo Sakurabi
  • Toshi****a Kareshi no Renai Kanriheki Volumes 1-2 by Hashigo Sakurabi
  • Secret Flight by Ren Tamaki
  • Secret Flight -Business Class- by Ren Tamaki
  • Executive Flight by Ren Tamaki
  • Romantic Flight by Ren Tamaki
  • sweep! by Momoko Tenzen
  • doggerel by Momoko Tenzen
  • Konna Koto ni Naru nante
    ♥
    by Tomomi Sakana
  • Itsumo 3nin Issho dene? by Tomomi Sakana
  • Sekuhara Brothers by Tomomi Sakana
  • Sekuhara Brothers Aisaresugi hen by Tomomi Sakana
  • Yarisugi Brothers by Tomomi Sakana
  • Sexy Cool Voice by Kou Fujisaki
  • King and Prince by Kou Fujisaki
  • King and Prince plus Kaiser by Kou Fujisaki
  • Ii Kankei de Komatteru by Hatoko Machiya
  • SWEET -Kare no Amai Amai Aji- by Haruka Minami
  • BITTER -Kare no Hisoyaka na Kuchizuke- by Haruka Minami
  • LOVE
    ♥
    AROMA
    ♥
    BODY
    by Haruka Minami
  • SEXY
    ♥
    AROMA
    ♥
    NIGHT
    by Haruka Minami

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd applaud the author for the absolute balls they must have if they take this to the logical conclusion and make it so the villain wins because the series was cancelled lol

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
I wanted to decide until it gives the 1st real fight after the fight against the spear guy, because that's pretty much the only fight the digital onlyl original 4 chapters run had

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose the conversation has drifted, but it literally started because of someone talking about this week's One Piece chapter before it even came out in Japan.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I kinda like that these new manga have been getting canned quickly. That means the 6/10 manga that I like(Magu and Robocco) won't be axed that soon. Please Jump keep giving us more fodder

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Undead Unluck is almost at 100 chapters, so time for me to ask if it's been worth the ride so far