• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Kagurabachi continues to be peak.

Good first chapter for Astro Royale. Learning that Ken Wakui essentially draws everything himself and uses assistants as little as possible makes me appreciate his art more.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Misaki-kun is Unobtainable

I've always wanted a harem series where the male harem center is actually gay and in love with the best friend character.
This isn't quite that, would've liked something that plays it more straight instead of just pure parody.

I think it's been done for female led harems, but never really seen it for male led ones.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, I didn't realise the Ryoko Kui Daydream Hours Dungeon Meshi book was mostly in colour. No wonder it was so exxy.

Oct 26, 2017
Marriage Toxin
Cant bullshit your way outta this one Leo, better pull out the big guns

Make exorcist fall in love
It's chapters like this, I question who are the good and bad guys here

Magilumerie
I need more casual clothes Midorikawa

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Frieren 128
It was only a mere four weeks but we are so back. Some Land backstory crumbs and a nice Ubel/Land chapter all around. They are really fun together.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Frieren! Caught up to the manga just in time for a new chapter! Gonna feel real weird to read it monthly (?) from now on though.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Does it?
I felt like it had a fairly constant release stream.
But I guess it's 4 years old, so that is true.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Kaguya-Sama 272-280
Miyuki's mom suuuucks
Nagisa is gay as fuck for Maki, dump Tsubasa and be togeth... holy shit nevermind.

Laaaame, I wanted to see Chika's endorsement speech, that would've been hilarious. Chika's final chapter was great.

Damn, I was enjoying Ai's chapter until it was all a dream. Everyone was so happy 😭😭

Miko and Yu's final chapters were soooo good. All that was going through my mind was:
giphy.gif

Maybe Akasaka should drop Oshi no Ko and make a Miko-Sama: Love is War spinoff? 🤔

Miyuki did Mikado so dirty lmfaoooo

Well, these are supposedly from the final volume... but the SJ app doesn't have the very final chapter???? Weird as hell

EDIT: They added it a few hours later

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, that is weird. The whole volume is up, except for the final chapter. What's up with that?

EDIT: Wait, what if it's a way to get people to buy the physical volume?

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Huh, that is weird. The whole volume is up, except for the final chapter. What's up with that?

EDIT: Wait, what if it's a way to get people to buy the physical volume?
I would storm Viz's office and throw hands if they pull that shit.

Imo the dream aspect is merely a framing device so the story can still focus on the present. So I wouldn't be bummed by that stuff not happening.
I'll take your word for it :(

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kengan Omega 257

Can we talk about Shen Wulong being one of the most interesting takes on the end game antagonist in a battle shounen. The fact that he is so incredibly go with the flow for a character that can no diff 99% of the cast without even trying is hilarious as it is an interesting change of pace. The guy is basically the ultra chill bro version of Yujiro Hanma. All he seems to want to do is split his brain in two and chill with the main cast.

The main characters just invite him to out and have some drinks with a mutual bro and he comes along without batting an eye. Then he proceeds to tell them everything over drinks including how they could theoretically defeat him. He even does some on the spot training with the protags! Then when he's going over his plan and someone objects because it would result in the deaths of two of the protagonists Shen just goes,"Oh shit I didn't think about that. We're not going to do that plan now."

I fucking love how chill this guy is despite him being nigh unstoppable and basically martial arts magic.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
My Dress-Up Darling V11

I used to really enjoy this manga, but it's so damn confusing to read now. There are too many characters and when they all cosplay it gets really difficult to know who's who when they all look similar. Also, this series has really started spending WAY too much time on the fiction in the fiction stuff that inspires the characters to make stuff/dress-up.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Chojo has been beasting in those rankings. I think that's the safest we've seen a new series be in a while.

I quite like it, found it's comedic groove pretty quickly, and has just a pinch of Gintama energy

Oct 26, 2017
Rugby rumble
I liked Hotaru (the main forward on Kinzans team) design before he went to highschool, not gonna lie haha. It's the combo of facial hair and puffy hair that doesn't do it for me

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
#BachiSweep

Wonder how well volume 2 actually sells. Volume 1's numbers were respectable, hopefully all the good word of mouth and general high quality of the series carries it.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
I finished Look Back in japanese again, still deeply affecting, the pure artistry on display makes me want to break down and weep. From a JPN perspective the hardest part are the news reports.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Kaguya-Sama 281 END
They're gonna do the "They have to confess to me" shtick with proposals? Bless their heart. I'm glad they got in one last "How cute".

GOAT romcom. I'm gonna miss it. When are we getting season 4 of the anime 😫

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Dungeon meshi spoilers talking about the anime thread
some of these predictions are killing me lol. In the Reddit for this week there was someone who was like 'laois... Nii-chan' as a fma reference and I'm just losing my shit

Oct 26, 2017
Kaguya-Sama 281 END
They're gonna do the "They have to confess to me" shtick with proposals? Bless their heart. I'm glad they got in one last "How cute".

GOAT romcom. I'm gonna miss it. When are we getting season 4 of the anime 😫
Not a confirmation of season 4 but I thought you'd enjoy this video (double enjoy if you're a fan of nichijou)

The embeb isn't working so here is the link

Mikane and sea woman
That kid has feet!!! Who is this little guy??? Her son or relative??

Beat Motion
Miyu and Tatsuhiko are gonna meet at Nico place and I'm all for it

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Kagurabachi and Nue's seem to rank low for "safe" series
It's getting two color pages in a row, it'll be fine unless sales for volume 2 fall off a cliff. It's been getting normal middle-of-the-magazine placement since chapter 11, maybe a bit lower than some other popular stuff but its numbers look nothing like a series that's actually in trouble.

www.jajanken.net

Kagurabachi Shonen Jump Data

Kagurabachi (2023 Issue 42 - Current) Table of Contents (ToC) chart, Chapter Title data