• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Also wait, isn't volume 2 not even out yet? So is that 200k for just the first volume or is it including the amounts they're shipping to retailers for volume 2?
You're right, volume 2 doesn't drop for another week. It says 200,000 in circulation counting digital, which I guess would be the total of physical copies shipped for both volumes plus digital copies sold?

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
The Kagurabachi memes were, at least in part, a bunch of people nervously chuckling and hoping they wouldn't get Phantom Seer'd again. People were using humor as a coping mechanism and trying to rein in their expectations. Thankfully it seems we're out of the danger zone now.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Kagurabachi memes came from Chihiro looking like the ultimate "nothing personal kid" *teleports behind you* tryhard character

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Kagurabachi memes came from Chihiro looking like the ultimate "nothing personal kid" *teleports behind you* tryhard character

There's that.
There's the above coping reason.
I've even heard it was in part to make Boruto fans mad, which I don't fully understand, but I respect if true.

It was a mix of a lot of things.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even realize Shadow Eliminators got canned before its first volume came out

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Houseki no Kuni 108

Thank you Ichikawa. I can't believe it's over, but I'm glad to have been a part of the journey.

I will always love Phos.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
did anyone read Destroy All Of Humanity: They Can't Be Regenerated? The first couple of manga vols are on sale in JPN and I'm thinking of getting into it. I played Magic a long, long time ago, so I'm decently familiar with the basic ruleset, if that's of any relevence.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
did anyone read Destroy All Of Humanity: They Can't Be Regenerated? The first couple of manga vols are on sale in JPN and I'm thinking of getting into it. I played Magic a long, long time ago, so I'm decently familiar with the basic ruleset, if that's of any relevence.
A nice little romance manga that is accurate to the meta of the time for magic. Only thing that is grating with it is that it gave a foreshadowing at the start pretty seemingly important, that still has not been resolved.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
New Digimon webcomic/manga went live, they didn't put it on anything but their own service and now pretty much no one can read it because too many people are trying at once lol

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Land of the Lustrous Chapter 1-108

Reread it all for the final chapter.

The manga honestly has the best use of black and white I've seen in manga, and some of the best composition. The paneling is more classic, but still extremely solid.

Just like the first time I caught up, it's hard to put it into words everything I'm feeling right now. Sadness and joy, hatred and forgiveness, existential dread and relief. A peaceful emptyness.
Reading it was a one of a kind experience for sure. I'd never felt such strong and complex feelings with a manga.

And that's kinda the goal with art, no? Making you feel and making you think. Land of the Lustrous achieves both.
I don't know if it brightened up my day, but it certainly affected it.

Last edited:

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty nice, though like many shonen romances, the love triangle aspect can get pretty tiring. The Magic matches are drawn really well, though.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Machi and Oboro 2

OMG this was so funny! Oboro getting her head stuck in the ceiling was an amazing panel. And then using an actual ninja technique, was not expecting that explosion. Those scammers seemed to have a change of heart at the end and want to be a sorta legit talent agency?

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
They're also saying green yuri will be green. That's awesome that they are keeping the spots of color.

Oct 26, 2017
Dungeon Meshi extra chapter
I get you mean Marcille when the adaptation doesn't match the source material and then wanting someone to read a super long series so you have someone to talk to

harleyvwarren

Oct 31, 2022
Illinois
Ranger Reject 136

Oh yeah, he would totally be the natural successor for Pink Keeper. Glad we had this conversation while D was out of earshot, given how it ended.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
read a few chapters of Wakeari Shinrei Mansion (Welcome To Ghost Mansion)

this is pretty funny. Girl buys an apartment complex with plans to generate passive income by being a landlord only no one wants to rent from her because the rumor the complex is haunted.

So she just takes advantage of that by forcing dangerous/vengeful ghosts to give up their hauntings and just become tenants, while using her connections to find them jobs. So it's got some good horror designs but also a pretty goofy sense of humor and I think the punchlines are pretty funny.

Chapter 2 has a ghost that is continuously throwing itself from the roof of its office building, stuck in a loop of its suicide from overwork/stress. Landlady gives him a boxing glove and tells him to get revenge and punch his still living former boss in the face. The ghost, having accomplished an act of revenge and no longer having any attachments to the world, begins to ascend to heaven. Landlady stops him and tells him he's going to become a tenant instead but he's got to get a job. She uses her connections to find him a job as a bungee jumping instructor.

Another chapter has a ghost that tricks you into helping someone at risk of drowning, only to drown you instead. The ghost and its victim are caught in a fishing net instead and landlady forces ghost to become a lifeguard at a pool because it's really good at noticing drowning people.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Girl Meets Rock 01-04
Mitsumi from Skip and Loafer joins a band!
"There club's probably full of extroverts, I need another sad sack on my side." She just like me frfr
"That one show only had 4 people." K-On mentioned!

I like this one. Chihiro is funny

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Girl Meets Rock 01-04
Mitsumi from Skip and Loafer joins a band!
"There club's probably full of extroverts, I need another sad sack on my side." She just like me frfr
"That one show only had 4 people." K-On mentioned!

I like this one. Chihiro is funny

I find myself looking forward to it a lot each week.

MaxAugust

Jan 28, 2018