MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine ever doubting Aka sensei smh, wouldn't be me

Things about to heat up too, fun times ahead

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
Blue Lock 262
The backstory the past three chapters has been great, Kaiser really went through it. The art has been very very good as well. Its crazy to see where he places Isagi in his own mind now, dude has been an absolute menace and his rise is so much fun to watch. I'm looking forward to whatever the hell Kaiser's about to do. Poor Ness can't catch a break 😂

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oshi no Ko 150

Wish I cared more about the romance in this series, which is odd considering I really loved Kaguya-Sama. Probably because Aqua as a "romantic lead" is kinda boring as fuck.

And yeah, expecting bad shit to go down soon considering the movie is over and the dad has already said he's going to do some shit.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Oshi No Ko 150

Aka is clearly a master of his craft, some of y'all lost faith smh.
I mean, he spent so long edging the plot line that it went viral that he committed to it. And I don't think the more subdued "Well actually" chapter is also going to go viral.

Seems like he kind of played himself here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Aka is a master planner like Drake, he just wanted everyone to think for months that he was going to go the incest route

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anyone thought they were going to legit go with an Aqua x Ruby end, but having two twins kiss twice in your mainstream entertainment industry manga is still a bizarre choice. Even if Aqua ends up with Kana (likely), the manga's most prominent trending moment after Ai's death is going to be Aqua and Ruby kissing. Well, unless someone dies again.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I don't think anyone thought they were going to legit go with an Aqua x Ruby end, but having two twins kiss twice in your mainstream entertainment industry manga is still a bizarre choice. Even if Aqua ends up with Kana (likely), the manga's most prominent trending moment after Ai's death is going to be Aqua and Ruby kissing. Well, unless someone dies again.
We have plenty of evidence that people thought that was where this was going.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
People absolutely did believe that's what was going to happen and made sure to annoy everyone with active brain cells in the fandom by talking about it.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017

So you're telling me there is still a chance.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We have plenty of evidence that people thought that was where this was going.

People absolutely did believe that's what was going to happen and made sure to annoy everyone with active brain cells in the fandom by talking about it.

I assume people were just meming and going along with it for funsies, but I guess not. It's what I was doing. Having Ruby as endgame would just render half of Kana's chapters pointless in the grand scheme of things.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I assume people were just meming and going along with it for funsies, but I guess not. It's what I was doing. Having Ruby as endgame would just render half of Kana's chapters pointless in the grand scheme of things.
I think my issue is that Aka flirting with that plot point really brought this arc down no matter if he did it or not. The fact that most outside observers now think the groomer incest stuff actually happened is a consequence of that.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It always felt funny to me that people were so willing to take things at face value in a series that has lies as one of it's core themes and also intentionally framed it the wat it did with the movie stuff

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
So, after a long break I have finally caught up with the latest 200 or so chapters of Hajime no Ippo:

Recent story:
Well, we are still in the retirement-arc, which at this point is actually the single longest training-arc in history of Manga I believe?
And it doesn't feel boring?
It speaks about the author that he could build up enough memorable side-characters to be able to fill 6 real-life years of a training-arc.
And I think we are slowly but surely heading to an "endgame" for some of the side-characters.
The only thing that kind of threw me off is Miyata suddenly pulling out a smartphone. I still felt the setting to be aorund mid 90s, but it turns out we are already in the early 2000s, and in the world of Ippo, Japanese phones of that era were already smart enough I guess. So Ippo himself would now be in his early 30s?

My predictions for what I think the final story of each character will be:
Ippo: Will make a comeback after something triggers him, I think the upcoming Sendo fight might be key for this. Ultimately he will fight Ricardo, and THEN it will somehow lead to the final fight with Miyata. Either as an official titlefight or Rocky/Creed-style behind closed doors just with the two of them. There he will lose and that's the end of the story.

Miyata: I am not sure how much longer he can be parked on that OPBF title, in-world it's been like 3 years since his last defense was shown?? The most tricky to write character going forward I think.

Sendo: That Ricardo match might be his last, I hope he doesn't die...

Mashiba: The current fight should be the end of his story, I think he'll win.

Takamura: Will keep winning and climbing the weightclasses, the thing about his eye will be focused on more all the way until he challenges for the
Heavyweight title where it's a 50-50 on if he wins or loses. Then he can get together with the female doctor that always throws him through the window.

Aoki: Will win the Japanese title and retire I guess?

Kimura: No idea, there isn't really a story going on right now besides him being incapable of preparing for a fight properly?

Itagaki: Will fight Imai and maybe win the Japanese title, that's about it.

Ippos two students: They will replace Aoki and Kimura once they are retired.

Coach Kamogawa: His health is always shown as a bit of concern, maybe he will get sick/die and be either a trigger in the Ippo and/or Takamura story. Although I hope he will be around until the end.

Last edited:

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Fully caught up on Super Psychic Policeman Chojo and I'm quite enjoying it. Then again, I'm a weirdo who also though Ichigoki's Under Control was kinda good. Hopefully Chojo doesn't fall victim to the same curse as every single comedy series that's not Roboco.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Fully caught up on Super Psychic Policeman Chojo and I'm quite enjoying it. Then again, I'm a weirdo who also though Ichigoki's Under Control was kinda good. Hopefully Chojo doesn't fall victim to the same curse as every single comedy series that's not Roboco.
I've really enjoyed it so far. And honestly Ippongi is kind of the main character and Chojo is just there to setup ridiculous scenarios for them to play off. It's the supporting cast that does it for me.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
I've really enjoyed it so far. And honestly Ippongi is kind of the main character and Chojo is just there to setup ridiculous scenarios for them to play off. It's the supporting cast that does it for me.
Chojo is fundamentally a good person, just lazy, childish, and annoying, the perfect comedy protagonist. Also yeah I enjoy how they've been growing the cast, it adds a lot of variety to a premise that could easily be run into the ground.

MaxAugust

Jan 28, 2018
Since I was talking with someone about this a few pages back, The Summer Hikaru Died is getting an anime.

View: https://x.com/hikarugashinda/status/1793839342311379435

I imagine just 12 episodes since there are only 24 or something chapters out, so probably 30 something will be out by the time the anime happens. Since monthly chapters are longer and it is a series without much action, I think a decently paced series is possible.

Last edited:

RadioHeadAche

Oct 26, 2017
Since I was talking with someone about this a few pages back, The Summer Hikaru Died is getting an anime.

View: https://x.com/hikarugashinda/status/1793839342311379435

I imagine just 12 episodes since there are only 24 or something chapters out, so probably 30 something will be out by the time the anime happens. Since monthly chapters are longer and it is a series without much action, I think a decently paced series is possible.

Ah, so it is an anime. That's cool. Very curious about the studio behind it.

harleyvwarren

Oct 31, 2022
Illinois
Astro Baby 10

Use your brain, Chips. Spit will always save the day. I really thought gramps had Netero/Master Roshi energy but that was quickly dispelled, haha.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Astro Baby 10

I think I might be the only person in the world who liked the more battle-oriented parts of The Promised Neverland, and this reminds me of that in a good way. It's a more brainy, puzzle-like take on combat, but distinct from the JJBA/HxH/JJK strain of making everything really complicated.

Oct 26, 2017
Kaoru hana
Some shit is gonna start with Hidaka and Hoshina is gonna defend Nastusawa and it's gonna get out that they're friends…calling it now

Oct 26, 2017
**New manga on mangaplus**
Kunigei--Okuni University Art Department Film Program 01

(man the title is a mouthful)

I really liked this first chapter. The main character starts off flippant and thinking he's hot shit because he won an award for a student film only to brought crashing down to earth by the 2nd MC who is unbelievably blunt and harshly honest about people's work and attitudes towards film. Needed another arts series and this one is more grounded to fill the Blue Period void. I really like Kado's unfiltered nature to disrupt the "let's be chummy friends" vibe of some series.

The thumbnail art makes it look like a martial arts series though haha

Girl Meets Rock 23
Well she sure showed him. Left him dumbstruck!

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
Tower Dungeon 7

Holy shit Yuva is a beast. Man can throw a brick to blow someone's face off as if he were a railgun.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Finished up Kokou no Hito (The Climber) and man what an amazing read. It starts off as pretty bog standard sports manga until it shifts course into this heavy psychological piece on climbing/mountaineering. Highschool club, rivalries and competition talk turns into a hyper focus on the main character's social isolation/loneliness and how he uses climbing as an obsessive means of escape. Almost stands as a sort of epitaph to the MCs pursuit in a old man and the sea sort of way.

Honestly surprised it hasn't been picked up for an adaptation of sorts, it's a little messy with how it was serialised and there's parts in it where it does wander a bit but nothing that couldn't polished up. Not to mention the art is amazing.

Oct 26, 2017
Sakamoto Days
Tis but a (bisection) flesh wound, he'll walk it off

Akane-Banshi
Afro is projecting hard on Maikeru because he's second or third fiddle to the other masters

One Piece
Is pretty much Wind Waker. Got it!

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Sakamoto Days 167
Fuck this, give me back the old man

Based on last chapter, that cut might be clean enough to make it happen

Super Psychic Policeman Chojo 15
Still a very enjoyable read, but ngl I just feel bad for Chojo at this point. Ippongi mentioning that he's probably just lonely made me realize that's likely why plays games with those kids so often

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Kagurabachi 34

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that they'll find a way to take control of the storehouse entirely, maybe destroy the back door and somehow force the old man to give Hakuri the key. They could rescue all the trafficked people, reclaim Enten and Shinuichi, and get their hands on a ton of valuables and a secure location in one fell swoop.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sakamoto days 167

I think many of us were expecting this in some form or another. Writer writes themselves into a corner with an "ally" character who is so strong the villains basically have no chance of winning, so they have to remove them somehow *Cough JJK Cough*. All in all this was a decent way to do it and also make slur more of the menace he should be as the primary antagonist.

Also, given how mysterious Takamura is, I wouldn't entirely be surprised is he comes back with no explanation for a small cameo later on, only further expanding his bizarre santa-claus-esque status.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Blue Box
Hoping for a girl fight between manager and random Next-door girl. Some proper biffo.

Polar Opposites
Sorry, Az, it's over. You fell for the dweeb.

Ruridragon
"Look at that dragon bitch eating crackers, I hate her"

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Sakamoto Days 167

Wtf just happened
Was thinking about this earlier and it hit me: Uzuki must be a mind reader, like Shin, but his powers are on steroids and he can't control them. When he's put under extreme stress, he mentally breaks down and his powers kick in as a coping mechanism, causing him to read someone else's mind so thoroughly that he copy and paste's their consciousness into his brain as an alternate personality

In summation: no one beats Takamura expect for a perfect copy of Takamura's mind in a younger body

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've interpreted Uzuki's powers as just absorbing other people into a psyche when he is traumatized, but he obviously can't control them.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Sakamoto Days

When Uzuki's power was first revealed I thought it would lead to a final showdown at the end of the series with Uzuki jumping from personality to personality to throw Sakamoto and co off. Imagine if he gains the personality of people they fail to save. He could seriously mess with them. Imagine if that's where all this stuff with Nagumo is going, he is killed and Uzuki gains his personality. Obviously there would be more to it but I honestly would not be surprised.

Questions about the orphanage keep piling up, rip sports man. Gaku is RAW

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Was thinking about this earlier and it hit me: Uzuki must be a mind reader, like Shin, but his powers are on steroids and he can't control them. When he's put under extreme stress, he mentally breaks down and his powers kick in as a coping mechanism, causing him to read someone else's mind so thoroughly that he copy and paste's their consciousness into his brain as an alternate personality

In summation: no one beats Takamura expect for a perfect copy of Takamura's mind in a younger body
I was thinking there could be a supernatural explanation, but I thought it would be odd to introduce that at this point... I legit forgot about Shin and his psychic powers >_>