• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Was going to buy this but it being on PC game pass saved me some money, also bonus on Geforce Now. The realistic medieval angle is very up my alley.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
I've been watching tons on this on YouTube since I noticed it on my friend's wishlist a few weeks ago. I'd love to give it a try if it got a Mac port

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Love a good 50 achivement points for simply getting to the title screen lol

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing year so far for new games from small/indie devs.

None of the games I'm playing right now are made with AAA budgets, yet they are great and addictive and CHEAP!

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Really glad to see this doing well, I've been following it for so long now... the game is great, the attention to detail, the animations, everything is phenomenal. Played very little, but it was enough to get a bunch of bandits set fire to my entire village... lol Ready for another go.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
How does it compare to Medieval Dynasty?

You can select a mode which removes the combat/enemy regions, allowing you to just get used to the building first. As long as you remember to stock up on food/fire wood before winter I don't think it's too difficult.
Oh that's good.

rzks21

Aug 17, 2023
Got to play for around an hour and so far I'm loving it. I'm impressed by how polished the UX is despite this being an early access release. Most of the stuff is super intuitive and whatever few grievances I have are things that could be solved with like 1 popup tutorial and some small changes in the interface.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
How does it compare to Medieval Dynasty?
I haven't played Medieval Dynasty in a while, there's a 3rd person mode where you can walk around your town(s), but you don't do anything other than run around at this point. Other than than that, it's mostly a traditional medieval town builder w/ a touch of Total War. I don't know if there are plans to add more to the 3rd person mode, it would be neat if you could give buffs to workers and such by being near them, or help build/move stuff.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Bought it earlier today, regional pricing was great can't wait to play it later at night!

Tsunami561

Mar 7, 2023
Battles are okay, it's like total war lite which is what I expected. definitely not the focus of the game, but with siege weapons, enemy cities/castles and such, it could be pretty fun.

Tsunami561

Mar 7, 2023
Got to play for around an hour and so far I'm loving it. I'm impressed by how polished the UX is despite this being an early access release. Most of the stuff is super intuitive and whatever few grievances I have are things that could be solved with like 1 popup tutorial and some small changes in the interface.
Right? It feels so good to play already, and it runs really well, and it looks amazing, and one dude made it... how.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I chose the casual mode cause I suck at these town builders when combat/raids are a factor. It's a super immersive and relaxing experience. Soundtrack is lovely too.

I'm just scratching the surface, how do you move homeless into newly built homes (burgage plots)? First one filled up automatically but this one is remaining empty.

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Is this really made by one guy? Holy smokes, it looks and plays amazingly. Granted I only played for 15 mins so far, but everything to graphics, music and feel of the game are top notch.

Cannot wait to starve my village to death and die to bandit raids

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Really liking the game. Surprisingly polished for an EA game made mostly (fully?) by one person. Really impressive.

I'd like to know what assigning a worker to a specific building does, because I don't know if I would need to staff some areas or not sometimes. I think it's just in general having extra info displayed to help make decisions would be good.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Really liking the game. Surprisingly polished for an EA game made mostly (fully?) by one person. Really impressive.

I'd like to know what assigning a worker to a specific building does, because I don't know if I would need to staff some areas or not sometimes. I think it's just in general having extra info displayed to help make decisions would be good.
You need to assign workers (families) to buildings for them to work. For example if you don't assign farmers to the farmers house no one will work on your fields.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Is this really made by one guy? Holy smokes, it looks and plays amazingly. Granted I only played for 15 mins so far, but everything to graphics, music and feel of the game are top notch.

Cannot wait to starve my village to death and die to bandit raids

Mostly one guy, yeah. The credits list some other people mostly for art and some historical consulting stuff? I imagine he worked on it almost exclusively solo until signing with Hooded Horse and then probably got some contract help to get it to EA. Still extremely impressive.

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
This is relaxing... going into the cinematic camera, just looking around, seeing all the animations of people working, chatting, the sounds of the environment... the game looks gorgeous. Really great effort by the dev.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
The level of detail is insane. Being able to zoom in that close and that far out is not something I've seen done so well before.

Making slow progress with my town (did the peaceful scenario first). Winter is fast approaching so we'll see how I go. The potential here is astronomical.

Night

Late to the party
Nov 1, 2017
Clearwater, FL
I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the mechanics but I'll learn. I used to think Stellaris was witch craft now I do just fine.

EPLirish

Jan 20, 2022
Brilliant game, I wish there were more stuff to it. I know it's still Early access but I'm looking forward to see what they can bring next

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
This is fun. Expanding your city feels so organic.
Only thing I really don't understand is building your military. Two years went by and I got raided hard.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
You need to assign workers (families) to buildings for them to work. For example if you don't assign farmers to the farmers house no one will work on your fields.
I know I know, but I'd like to know what exactly happens for some buildings. For example, if I assign a worker to the storehouse, I don't know if he carries stuff to other buildings when needed (I don't think so), or if he just goes to where resources are made and collects them, or what exactly. Just a short one-line sentence that gives you an idea, and also maybe something that shows how much you'd collect with one person compared to two, etc.. if that's even possible to gauge.

For most buildings I can understand it, but for some it's harder to guess until I check on the "people" tab and see what they're doing, but that's after assigning.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
I know I know, but I'd like to know what exactly happens for some buildings. For example, if I assign a worker to the storehouse, I don't know if he carries stuff to other buildings when needed (I don't think so), or if he just goes to where resources are made and collects them, or what exactly. Just a short one-line sentence that gives you an idea, and also maybe something that shows how much you'd collect with one person compared to two, etc.. if that's even possible to gauge.

For most buildings I can understand it, but for some it's harder to guess until I check on the "people" tab and see what they're doing, but that's after assigning.

Seems Storehouse will go and get the excess goods from other buildings and place them into storage. One thing I am highly confused on is making a freaking military or claiming other regions.
Though the game is very fun I hope we get more info on certain things as the updates roll out

Oct 20, 2018
Seems Storehouse will go and get the excess goods from other buildings and place them into storage. One thing I am highly confused on is making a freaking military or claiming other regions.
Though the game is very fun I hope we get more info on certain things as the updates roll out

I did not try it/reach it, but you need to level up house to level 2, then you can make them "artisants" and be a blacksmith or other "grey out" things you see for their "add-on"

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Mostly one guy, yeah. The credits list some other people mostly for art and some historical consulting stuff? I imagine he worked on it almost exclusively solo until signing with Hooded Horse and then probably got some contract help to get it to EA. Still extremely impressive.

It's crazy how Hooded Horse has so many great Indie Games under its... hood.

Terra Invicta
Clanfolk
Old World
Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic
Xenonauts 2

modernist

Jan 13, 2018
i had a great time with this last night, there's something about the elegance and refinement of the town building and the design tools that feels really good, and even though its barebones and missing features + tutorials, I didn't feel overwhelmed or directionless in the same way that i have with some other games in this genre. hard to express exactly, but it feels very "classic" whilst also looking and feeling very contemporary. comparing the fluidity and organic quality of road + building tools to the finicky and hard to read pylon or pipe building in city skylines 2 is a night and day difference for someone casually approaching these kinds of games.

the third person mode that lets you wander through your town is so great for atmosphere and a grounded sense of you building something, even if there's not much to do but walk around it right now. its a beautiful looking game.

looking forward to playing more and getting to grips with the different territories and faction stuff

i will say I had no idea how i survived the first winter when it took an embarrassingly long time to figure out there was a difference between timber and firewood, and that my big pile of logs wasn't going to be keeping anybody warm.

Last edited:

jonamok

Oct 28, 2017
Looks gorgeous. How demanding is it? Have an X3600 / 3070 combo, am I likely to run it smoothly at 1440?

Shiz Padoo

Oct 13, 2018
Started a new game after running out of food on my first go. Decided to get a farm going early on. Then a storm came after one month and destroyed my supplies.

giphy.gif

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
First build on a new settlement should definitely be a warehouse/granary and assign a family to it to move all the starting stuff to it to keep it from getting rained on.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Welp seems there is a bug or bad luck hitting me hard. So you can get an extra ox/horse at the start. I thought that wpuld be smart to help with moving more goods. Well seems the game doesn't like that? Each time I will somehow lose my extra ox. No clue why.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Welp seems there is a bug or bad luck hitting me hard. So you can get an extra ox/horse at the start. I thought that wpuld be smart to help with moving more goods. Well seems the game doesn't like that? Each time I will somehow lose my extra ox. No clue why.

Do you have space? Hitching post fits 1 ox, the small stale upgrade, 2. I imagine you're getting an extra ox with no post for it.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Do you have space? Hitching post fits 1 ox, the small stale upgrade, 2. I imagine you're getting an extra ox with no post for it.

Hmm you might be right. I would normally buy a new ox then upgrade my building right after. Maybe that affects it?
Probably need to upgrade then get the new ox?
Still you lose around 20 or 30 "gold" buying an ox or horse. If you just lose it for not having the extra post is harsh.

Shiz Padoo

Oct 13, 2018
First build on a new settlement should definitely be a warehouse/granary and assign a family to it to move all the starting stuff to it to keep it from getting rained on.
This is the way. Had much more success doing this first. Got from March to January and then my ox seems to have bugged out. It's just standing there in the logging camp and nothing I can do will get someone to move stuff with it. Gonna have to start again šŸ¤£