Which region are you most looking forward to watching?

• South

Votes: 17 11.9%
  • East

Votes: 15 10.5%
  • Midwest

Votes: 27 18.9%
  • West

Votes: 18 12.6%
  • Zion

Votes: 66 46.2%

• Total voters

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
When analysts and pundits say that no coach gets his team ready for March like Izzo, they 100% right. His record speaks for itself.
too bad the Final four is usually in April.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Motherfucker I'm finally eliminated from the possibility of winning my bracket. Also this is a shit championship. It's amazing Izzo will probably never win another championship

Last edited:

NightOnyx

Oct 25, 2017
I got 3 out of the 4 final four teams right, and now I have the correct championship game in my bracket. I feel pretty good about that. I have Virginia winning it all but I hope Tech wins. My final score prediction of it being 68-65 is definitely going to be wrong.

May 5, 2018
Texas Tech vs. Virginia for the National Championship might be intriguing. Someone is gonna win their first ever championship in Men's Basketball.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was a foul by Auburn at the last second but refs have to be consistent with that call throughout the game.

Auburn also got royally screwed on that would be double dribble.

Having said all that, what a choke job.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
it will be slow, but it's not like these teams are horrible on offense. every possession will just be a battle of execution. should be fun.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
I need see it in motion as having a finger or hand on a jersey is not necessarily a foul.

And that's the problem, you call these games in real time. The double dribble was an obscure rule no one caught, and that above was potentially a no-call too. Ty's wrist was also apparently grabbed in that replay too. The refs didn't have the benefit of replay at that moment, and the 3 point foul was a lot more apparent.

Auburn was trying to foul which is why he grabbed the jersey.

Last edited:

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
And that's the problem, you call these games in real time. The double dribble was an obscure rule no one caught, and that above was potentially a no-call too. The refs didn't have the benefit of replay at that moment, and the 3 point foul was a lot more apparent.

It's no use. We're officially in the villain role lol.

If we lose, it's deserved. If we win, there's apparently an asterisk next to it.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And that's the problem, you call these games in real time. The double dribble was an obscure rule no one caught, and that above was potentially a no-call too. Ty's wrist was also apparently grabbed in that replay too. The refs didn't have the benefit of replay at that moment, and the 3 point foul was a lot more apparent.

I didn't catch the ending. Was the jersey grab under a certain time limit where it's reviewable?

I agree the 3 PT foul was obvious.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't catch the ending. Was the jersey grab under a certain time limit where it's reviewable?

It was right at the end of the game - right before the double dribble.

I just meant no one caught either to think to call it/review it if it was possible.

I can't find video of it, but here's another look at it before he grabs the jersey:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ThefansofUVA/status/1114745940978675713?s=20

Here's a video of it:

https://twitter.com/ericsports/status/1114687692275478528?s=21

Considering they call the jersey grab the second time after the double dribble, then they would have called the first time had they not missed it. So it was clearly a foul before the double dribble.

Regardless, and to be honest, I thought UVA lost this due to a lot of missed FTs. If they had made their FTs, this wouldn't even be a thing. I'm glad they survived, but I was going to blame their (UVA's) loss on that. You can't miss FTs, and because UVA did they got in trouble.

Last edited:

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I love how on the highlights NCAA posted, they show Jerome getting fouled, and then just skip to Guy shooting free throws lmao.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
It was right at the end of the game - right before the double dribble.

I just meant no one caught either to think to call it/review it if it was possible.

I can't find video of it, but here's another look at it before he grabs the jersey:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ThefansofUVA/status/1114745940978675713?s=20

Here's a video of it:

https://twitter.com/ericsports/status/1114687692275478528?s=21

Considering they call the jersey grab the second time after the double dribble, then they would have called the first time had they not missed it. So it was clearly a foul before the double dribble.

Regardless, and to be honest, I thought UVA lost this due to a lot of missed FTs. If they had made their FTs, this wouldn't even be a thing. I'm glad they survived, but I was going to blame their (UVA's) loss on that. You can't miss FTs, and because UVA did they got in trouble.

Just some observations: Jerome lost the ball before the defender touched him. It hit his foot before he was grabbed. And that grab was weak.

Virginia deserved to win. The end of that game was poorly officiated as most are. At the end of games like that when teams are trying to foul, sometimes they blow the whistle early and sometimes they swallow the whistle when a defender intentionally fouls someone and almost forces a turnover. The problem is the consistency, you never know how it will be called and the refs have too much control over these high stakes games.

Hypothetical: if they had the ability to go back and review that play and could retroactively make any call, that would have been a turnover.

edit: I'm not trying to argue over it or anything. I'm a UK fan so I have no dogs in the fight, just contributing my basketball opinion.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who has ref'd (obviously not at this level) I totally see how the double dribble call was missed. You're watching body and hand contact primarily, and anticipating a likely foul. I also think the nonchalance with which Jerome dribbled again immediately probably reinforced the ref's no-call in a way.

It's really tough, but I'm not gonna kill the ref for this one.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
I was also reading where double dribbles are generally rarely called too.

Every game I've seen, there's always something the team could have done to not be in a position relying on one or two calls.

In UVA's case - and speaking as a Virginia fan - I was about to blame the game on Virginia going 3 for 9 with their FTs (before Kyle's own FTs) and for Jerome's fourth foul that was done out of frustration.