The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
1b1dc3f6dc744dd018915beb0dfc99aa.jpg

At long last...the moment we have all been waiting for.

open.spotify.com

The Rarities

Mariah Carey · Album · 2020 · 32 songs.

Mariah Carey's 1996 Daydream tour from Tokyo Dome is finally on Spotify (as disc 2 of her new release rairities.. featuring unreleased tracks)

Quite possibly her vocal peak. From the sky piercing whistle notes on Emotions, to the effortless belting with perfect breath support on Without You to reimagining classics like Hero in a lower key. The concert had it all!

Praise be!

*Concert not covert...whoops

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. I have been listening to it all on The Rarities. The softer vocals on this version of "I Don't Wanna Cry" are beautiful.

also I was surprised that after all of the controversy with {redacted} stealing samples, the original version of Loverboy is terrible. The one on Glitter is great.

oh and the true tea is that her vocal peak is actually Merry Christmas.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
While I concede that it's one of the best concerts of all time, the tour's Rotterdam leg serves even stronger vocals and deserves an official release.

#justiceforrotterdam

also I was surprised that after all of the controversy with {redacted} stealing samples, the original version of Loverboy is terrible. The one on Glitter is great.

Tea

and

tea

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Emperor

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. I have been listening to it all on The Rarities. The softer vocals on this version of "I Don't Wanna Cry" are beautiful.

Yes Lopez/Mottolla did Mimi a favour lolz. I like the opening of the original though...always be my baby vibes.

OP
OP
The Emperor

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
While I concede that it's one of the best concerts of all time, the tour's Rotterdam leg serves even stronger vocals and deserves an official release.

#justiceforrotterdam
This is true...however rumours say the Frankfurt leg of the tour was even better...no crappy audio recordings of that one on YouTube :(

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Firecracker sample is just mixed awfully and in the wrong key to boot.

This fan attempted to fix it

Relic

Oct 28, 2017
This is awesome. That show must have been electric. I'll have to hear more of her discography.