Oct 26, 2017
Via Majority Report w/Sam Seder:

She literally takes him step by step to show how black people have been shat on by society for multiple centuries. Her face when he says there's a slippery slope to comparing slavery to genocide. Like what? What are you saying Dave? Are you saying slavery isn't that bad? Are you trying to stop this free exchange of ideas by bringing up identity politics? Do you get how words work?

I bet he thought this would be an easy dunk on the libs interview.

P.S. Debate Sam you coward!

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I was going to mention I only know Rubin from the Majority Report, then saw OP. LOL

Good to see him dunked on. Going to enjoy this vid.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao. I love her tone when she talks to him as she realizes he doesn't know shit.

Marianne Williamson's heart is in the right place.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
this woman is a lil loony, but she is so incredibly compassionate. it's fucking awesome

OP
OP
UnpopularBlargh
Oct 26, 2017

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Never heard this guy talk but that slippery slope thing...

Holy Jesus tap dancing Christ. You can literally hear her brain process the immensity of how stupid his statement is.

devilhawk

Oct 27, 2017
Holy hell is he an idiotic hack. Every response, every transition amounts to nothing but "I'm a liberal, but the left... they are crazy. Now tell me why I am correct." There's no thought, no stance, no rationale on anything. Just the same repeated garbage take in rearranged words.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
One thing I despise about Rubin's guilt line is that he's essentially arguing that he wants to protect the vague feelings of white people rather than make right literal generations of oppression. Hell, if some white person does feel guilty due somehow to reparations being paid to black/brown people, I'm not sure why that is supposed to matter at all in the grand scheme of the emotional and mental trauma caused by those generations of violence. Reconciliation between individuals and entire peoples is about admitting fault and feeling guilt then overcoming it when bonds are restored. But to Dave's mind and, like the hosts mention, in the minds of so many Americans particularly those in positions of privilege, white comfort comes before all else. White people should supposedly be protected from the emotional turmoil and emotional growth of accepting and repairing the inhumanity the country is built on.

OP
OP
UnpopularBlargh
Oct 26, 2017
One thing I despise about Rubin's guilt line is that he's essentially arguing that he wants to protect the vague feelings of white people rather than make right literal generations of oppression. Hell, if some white person does feel guilty due somehow to reperations to black/brown people, I'm not sure why that is supposed to matter at all in the grand scheme of the emotional and mental trauma caused by those generations of violence. Reconciliation between individuals and entire peoples is about admitting fault and feeling guilt then overcoming it when bonds are restored. But to Dave's mind and, like the hosts mention, in the minds of so many Americans particularly those in positions of priviliage, white comfort comes before all else. White people should supposedly be protected from the emotional turmoil and emotional growth of accepting and repairing the inhumanity the country is built on.
To people like him everything is a zero sum game. If someone gets something, it must've been taken away from someone else. It's very similar to how Trump sees trade between countries as a game to win.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
To people like him everything is a zero sum game. If someone gets something, it must've been taken away from someone else. It's very similar to how Trump sees trade between countries as a game to win.
It's such and insane mindset and gets at the heart of why people like Trump and Rubin believe and often frame charity or generosity as weaknesses. The idea that maybe sometimes people should give a bit to better someone struggling even more is ludicrous to them.

Like yes Dave, maybe in the wake of centuries of rape, abuse, torture, inhuman experimentation, brutal killing, ripping apart families, and denying humanity white people should give a little and should tolerate a flash of guilt.

Last edited:

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
someone just got uninvited to his anniversary party

ben pls respond

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Dave Rubin is so incredibly dumb, but his audience makes it so easy to see how he's able to make money on how incredibly dumb he is.

OP
OP
UnpopularBlargh
Oct 26, 2017
It's such and insane mindset and gets at the heart of why people like Trump and Rubin beleive and often frame charity or generosity as weaknesses. The idea that maybe sometimes people should give a bit to better someone struggling even more is ludicrous to them.
Yeah. I don't even know how to describe it. It's so alien to me.

I'm glad Williamson did try to explain to Dave how reparations is not about taking away from white people but giving back to black people.

But Dave being an idiot I'm sure still doesn't understand. Wilfully I mean. He's gotta play to his audience of teen intellectuals who live with their parents.

Gorger

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Norway
I live for every videos dunking on Rubin. Holy shit is this guy is insufferable. Marianne Williamson was great in the clip.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah. I don't even know how to describe it. It's so alien to me.

I'm glad Williamson did try to explain to Dave how reparations is not about taking away from white people but giving back to black people.

But Dave being an idiot I'm sure still doesn't understand.
It's been pointed out by much smarter people for generations of this country but running all through US history is the undercurrent of white American's fear of reprisal for slavery & genocide. Efforts to silence black and brown people legally, politically, mentally, physically & permanently are all born from a seed of fear of punishment. Dave frames it as punishment because white supremacy built it that way. White supremacy has to say that the step after achieving equality with black and brown people is the destruction and abuse of white people by those same minorities. As long as you frame the progress of minorities as a threat you can stand erasing the past and continuing to abuse and oppress.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Reminder that this clown pushed back harder against what she was saying than Stef*n M*lyneux

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Yeah it all lines up with Sam Seder's zero sum game hypothesis. All these fragile white males are acting as if any Social justice is served in the US, it comes out of their hide.

OP
OP
UnpopularBlargh
Oct 26, 2017
Reminder that this clown pushed back harder against what she was saying than Stef*n M*lyneux
Or Ben Shapiro. Or Sam Harris. Or Saad Gad. Or any other right wing IDW asswipe.

Also I love how she didn't let him talk all over her and still apologized in the nicest way possible.

He was totally unprepared for her.

Bramblebutt

Jan 11, 2018
Wait, did Dave Rubin just argue that Germany shouldn't have given reparations for the Holocaust? Because he thinks that led to the country accepting refugees decades later?

The way Marianne seems both dumbfounded and deeply concerned for Dave's mental well-being after this galaxy-brain take is both hilarious and highly endearing.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's a super nice lady. Dave is a shit. MR crew are professional Dave Rubin dunk athletes, and left is best.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
That title is amazing. Dave needs to come out as a conservative already though.

I was kinda jokingly supporting Williamson as a joke because of the evangelion memes at first , but she knows her shit.

Edit : Woah the people on MR are really good

Last edited:

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
MR Crew killing it as usual. Brooks and Seder cracking each other up usually makes my day. So good.

Williamson does seem like a good hearted person though I have no interest in her as a political figure.

Dave Rubin is such a fucking idiot. Greed and fame hungry and feckless.

Oct 25, 2017
That duplicitous cunt with his slippery slope comment. Wow. He tries to both a) exploit people's compassion for Jews and the Holocaust, and b) suggest slavery isn't significant enough to be compared to it. Infuriating. I'm glad nutbar responded as well as she did.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What logic chain was he following, how on earth do you go from the topic at had to immigration. Really felt like he's just hitting buzzwords that trigger his audience.

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
As unfit as I think she is for the presidency, I absolutely love how knowledgeable she is about oppression and how passionate she is about social justice.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Damn she makes some really good points, and Rubin does that thing where "I don't feel like racism is happening". no facts, no context, just a wealthy white man opting out. I have no problem with opting out, but it becomes a problem when folks like him thinks everyone should, because not everyone can't