• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
I'm up to S rank and suddenly New Donk City isn't a walk in a park and people are going over par. You love to see it.

Deleted member 32005

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
new donk is so good. its great on super rush mode too. what a great course. this is exactly what the game needed.

Oct 25, 2017
They really need to delay the game a month instead of launching without something as basic as ranked. I might just come back in 6 months or so when there's a bigger build-up of content.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
How is this game btw?

Worth $60?

I loved Mario Golf on the N64, but haven't played any other titles in the series since then.

hog

Mar 9, 2021
That New Donk course looks so much better than anything they had at launch. Maybe I'll pick this up next year when it's content complete.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
It wasn't bad at all, I wish it was longer than 3 holes.. my opinion of this game keeps going up

New Donk having multiple angles for holes doesn't even feel lazy, the accuracy needed on some of them keeps it really fresh

How is this game btw?

Worth $60?

I loved Mario Golf on the N64, but haven't played any other titles in the series since then.
You should buy it, it's only gonna get better.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How is this game btw?

Worth $60?

Do you like a single shot taking upwards of 5 minutes because no one wants to go first in fear of a special shot screwing them over?

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Another specific fix they did was have those cloud enemies in Ridgerock Lake actually affect your ball trajectory if it happens to cut across their gales. Before the patch, those gales did literally nothing. Now they're actually pretty dangerous lol.
Oh wow, that's gonna make that course way harder

I was pretty confused why they didn't actually *do* anything before, but I thought maybe I was just timing my shots well enough to avoid it lol

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Has this update been datamined?

I know for Tennis Aces there was some files for characters (although many didn't end up getting used like Gold Mario, Wiggler and Baby Mario)

OP
OP
MondoMega

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Has this update been datamined?

I know for Tennis Aces there was some files for characters (although many didn't end up getting used like Gold Mario, Wiggler and Baby Mario)
Doesn't seem like any of the regular Nintendo dataminers have much of an interest.

At launch there wasn't any signs of future courts or characters (besides Toadette, and now she's here); but this time I imagine they at least have September's ranked reward already included (unless we're getting another big update in a month, which i'd take too).

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Doesn't seem like any of the regular Nintendo dataminers have much of an interest.

At launch there wasn't any signs of future courts or characters (besides Toadette, and now she's here); but this time I imagine they at least have September's ranked reward already included (unless we're getting another big update in a month, which i'd take too).
That's too bad, wonder why Aces was more popular with miners

There's just Pink Yoshi left of base game content, so we're getting a second round of Yoshi colors at some point

Hopefully we get Black Yoshi. Aces dropped the ball on that…

OP
OP
MondoMega

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
That's too bad, wonder why Aces was more popular with miners

There's just Pink Yoshi left of base game content, so we're getting a second round of Yoshi colors at some point

Hopefully we get Black Yoshi. Aces dropped the ball on that…
Costume-wise I imagine it'll probably be very similar to Aces:
  • Regular outfits for Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Toad, Bowser and Bowser Jr.
  • Golf outfits for Toadette and Boo; MAYBE King Bob-omb and Chargin' Chuck.
  • More Yoshi colors (orange, pink, light-blue, purple)
  • Koopa Troopa, Paratroopa and/or Shy Guy colors, if they end up being added.