Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Patch adds a new opening screen that's just Waluigi laughing at people who are desperate for a new Mario Kart. That is all.
Considering this maintenance is at about the same time that the Wario and Waluigi tour in Mario Kart Tour starts, this could very well be true

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Maybe this will finally be the Mario Kart Tour connection that was datamined last year.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this is why i'm paying $50 a year to play online? what a joke, they should issue refunds.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021

Seems like it was delayed for another ~4 hours. Really hope this is NPLN and Nintendo is going to start switching existing games from NEX to NPLN.

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
They broke the game! Now they have to release a new Mariokart

Last edited:

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe that it is something substantial. This could easily just be fixing some non directly visible bug or changing something different in the backend that hasn't any influence in the performance of the game

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
It's crazy to me how wildly successful this game is, and Nintendo has basically done nothing to capitalize on it. Our household would've gladly pulled out your collective wallet for new cups, and such.

But no.

Nothing.

MusicSaves

Oct 28, 2017
Exactly. When the Wii U DLC cups came out I was excited to get them and excited about the future. We didn't need Mario Kart 9, 10, etc, we just needed Mario Kart, where tracks and characters were consistently added over time. Maybe cups rotate in and out to keep things interesting. Now I can't even think of playing this game anymore.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love every other map (except for Cheese Land. All my homies hate Cheese Land) and have great fun on all of them. Baby Park though? Sucks the fun out of every evening of Mario Kart. Atrocious map. Horrible.
Yep. It was fun for a while on Gamecube because of the novelty but it got stale fast. Now it's fucking annoying. I hope we never see it again after MK8. And I'm convinced the "Baby Park is actually the best map" is just a meme that some people have deluded themselves into believing.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
It's crazy to me how wildly successful this game is, and Nintendo has basically done nothing to capitalize on it. Our household would've gladly pulled out your collective wallet for new cups, and such.

But no.

Nothing.

Capitalize what? The game still sells well as it is almost 5 years later. From the beginning the game already had more content than the original and its DLC even.

I don't believe that it is something substantial. This could easily just be fixing some non directly visible bug or changing something different in the backend that hasn't any influence in the performance of the game

Of course. But that's too much of a sensible take.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
I believe they are leaving money on the table by not developing DLC for MK8DX.

So? They already capitalized on the game simply with its existence, in the end what they did was add a few extras to an already old game and release it on Switch, and just like that 5 years later it's one of the best selling games on the console. As it's the game is a goldmine.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So? They already capitalized on the game simply with its existence, in the end what they did was add a few extras to an already old game and release it on Switch, and just like that 5 years later it's one of the best selling games on the console. As it's the game is a goldmine.
Wow. I hope you're not working at Nintendo, otherwise we might not get a Mario Kart 9 at all because you felt you had enough money.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Here's hoping for some kind of new art style that sets the game apart from the rest of the series.

latest