Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
The trouble is, locking content unlocks to primarily single player modes is a absolutely terrible idea. Mario kart is at its very core a multiplayer focused game and tying anything to hours of playing a single player mode is a bad idea and should never happen again.
I get what you mean, but having nothing to do in singleplayer just makes it a worse game for those of us who just want to get a number of objectives done and then play it once a year when folks come over. Even having outfits, or a passport with stamps to unlock would be something to grab my interest.

That said, MK Wii did go overboard with the unlock requirements, specially for characters like Bowser Jr, where you needed 3star rankings on top of the gold trophy.

I'm guessing what you suggest is that it works like Smash Ultimate and that characters get unlocked regardless of what mode you're playing so that the multiplayer folks are happy too, right?

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's really quite shameful how scared you all are of racing me in this +40m selling children's game

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you don't need characters tied to progression to make a more compelling single player offering

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
imagine a stupid ass story mode like f-zero gx.. people would kill for that shit. cosmetic outfits like smash.. anything at all on top of a straight GP for every cup like they have

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Cool, glad folks are enjoying it.

But it's very much a 2014 game and it's been damn near seven years since we've had a new, proper Mario Kart.

The wait for Mario Kart 9 is rough.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
It's not as cute as a Pacman pie but here's a real chart

qce1sCE.png

Kahoots

Feb 15, 2018
Creatively I thought they maxed the game out with the last DLC, maybe Nintendo feel the same and that's why there hasn't been any more content. I don't know how they'll try and top it, but I'm excited to see them try.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Creatively I thought they maxed the game out with the last DLC, maybe Nintendo feel the same and that's why there hasn't been any more content. I don't know how they'll try and top it, but I'm excited to see them try.
making levels designed for 200cc would be quite different. also throw in some new gimmick

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
people here were angry they charged $60 for this.
would be more than a billion lost in revenue if they went $40 lol.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, it looks like Nintendo has zero incentive to release Mario Kart 9 on the Switch so I sincerely hope they are saving Mario Kart 9 for the successor's launch.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo would be dumb not to launch Mario Kart 9 alongside the Switch 2, doing so may actually make that one the next best-selling Mario Kart title assuming the Switch 2 doesn't tank in sales.

For most people it has only been 4 years, so we will be waiting a long while before the next one shows up.

Switch U, looks the same as Switch but fatter, costs $100 more, confusing ads...