giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This actually got one of the biggest pops from my friends and I. This is literally what I've been asking for. Give me the best shit from different games with online play and I'll give you currency.

psionotic

May 29, 2019
Should have been DLC. The core current game is lacking in content as it is, and having twice as many boards would extend the playability of both packages immensely.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Coming up on Treehouse next.

From screenshots, I can see the boards are using mostly the dice system of super again, though the Skeleton Key is back as well.

Baby Bird

Nov 5, 2017
Looks great, though I don't get why so few boards. They could've easily added 10 boards to this. I hope they add more through updates.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
This is good news, but it should be more than just five boards. It should've been like between eight to ten at the very least.

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for this but the costume feature from Mario Party 2 isn't coming back for Space Land
And the annoying animations at the end of each turn are coming back from Super Mario Party

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
What a joke. Five more courses and 100 games that should've all been in the last one. This will be a skip from me.

Euphoria

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
While I would have liked more boards at least they won't likely be super short like the ones in the previous title.

My favorite Mario Party ever is Mario Party 8. That had 6 boards and around maybe 70-80 mini games.

I'm on board for this new one on Day 1.

mk_68

Banned
Feb 3, 2020
The changes to the boards are meh but I hate that losers in minigames still get coins. Kinda takes away the skill part of the game where there is so much luck involved.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Dices go to 1 to 10.

Coins given for First, Second and Third (Not last)

Doesn't look like Custom Character Dice are in.

Oct 27, 2017
The last Mario Party sold over 10 million and we didn't get any DLC. I'm not counting on this one ever having more than the 5 boards it comes with.

Fool me once....

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
This is literally the Super Mario Party engine, animations, UI elements...everything.

How the hell are there only 5 past boards? I seriously cannot understand this. Why not go back and grab 15-20 memorable boards from the N64 games, a few more mini games, add in more characters and create a true "Superstars" game for Mario Party?

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see online becoming a staple for this series, despite some fans claiming it was impossible for years. I think I might actually get this one.

Jan 21, 2021
From the treehouse showing it looks promising, even if its probably too early for a new one or at least should have been dlc. The online features are greatly appreciated though.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
God dammnit, I did a side by side comparison, and these boards are definitely nerfed. For instance, the cake where Bowser gives you the flower in the original has 13 spaces, in this remake, only 11.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Would be funny if they bring back this.

mp10-glove.original.jpg

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This actually got one of the biggest pops from my friends and I. This is literally what I've been asking for. Give me the best shit from different games with online play and I'll give you currency.
Yeah, same here. We play the older games over parsec every so often and its still a riot.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Stars costing 20 coins at least hopefully doesn't coin the economy issues super has.

As well as Characters pretty much being cosmetic so no tier lists like Bowser dominating the game again.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Woah this thread went the complete opposite of what I expected... People arguing that this should be DLC? People saying that Super Mario Party was bad and a cheap cash grab? I didn't expect that at all lol.

The new Mario Party will be brand new, and will very likely have some differences in gameplay from Super Mario Party. The Mario Party games traditionally have different core gameplay elements in each game, e.g. how items were added in MP2, the capsule system was added in some MP games, the weird vehicle thing in MP9 and MP10, and the allies in SMP. It's sorta like how Mario Kart changes the core gameplay with each entry.

Also, Super Mario Party is probably the best game in the entire series. They rethought Mario Party's gameplay and made it a lot more strategic and less random. They also have several minigames that IMO are among the best in the whole series.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
On one hand, 5 boards is disappointing. If it's all old boards, it should be 7-10.

On the other hand, if this were DLC, it wouldn't anywhere be close to 100 mini-games.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Huh, I thought the idea with Peaches Birthday Cake was before you get to the star, you have to risk visiting Bowser, is that not in this version anymore?

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Why is no one talking about online matches with random people?

There's plenty of options to complain about for everyone! Complain Party Superstars!

I hate to be "that guy" but it almost feels like people are looking for something to hate about this series and just move onto the next thing once one is solved, the "car", classic gameplay, online play, lack of boards, DLC, etc. Lol. Like dang man, I just want new Mario Party and I feel blessed they crank these out on such a regular basis, 100 minigames isn't a joke of a number and 5 boards isn't historically that off for the series. More is always better but the perspective people have is so hostile.

GardenPepper

Oct 28, 2017
This is on Treehouse right now and it looks really good. I'll definitely be picking it up.

Last edited:

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I love how these classic boards and mini games have been reimagined. After the 3DS game remade some of them, I thought they'd never get a chance to be reimagined on the Switch.

mk_68

Banned
Feb 3, 2020
This is literally the Super Mario Party engine, animations, UI elements...everything.

How the hell are there only 5 past boards? I seriously cannot understand this. Why not go back and grab 15-20 memorable boards from the N64 games, a few more mini games, add in more characters and create a true "Superstars" game for Mario Party?
There were 20 boards in the n64 games if I'm correct. Yes there should be more boards in this...but c'mon lol.

The DLC comments are a bit laughable. The game shouldn't be 60 bucks but to say it should be DLC or that you even expected that is wild.