• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drencrom

Oct 25, 2017
SWE
Gamespot said:
Ever since Hideo Kojima's new game, Death Stranding, was announced at E3 last year, many have been wondering what type of the game it is and what all the weirdness is all about. We still don't know. But today at PlayStation Experience, PS4 boss Mark Cenry confirmed that the game is already playable and everything will make sense...eventually.

Gamespot said:
Cerny said he has played 4-5 hours of the game, noting that the story--or parts of it--will make sense after getting this far. It was also confirmed during the keynote that what you saw in the newest, strangest-yet trailer for Death Stranding was captured on PlayStation 4 Pro. Additionally, Kojima confirmed that the sequence in the new trailer where Norman Reedus' character is underwater is playable right now internally.

Before anyone asks, Cerny works on Death Stranding (Technical Producer).

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/d...ad6d&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This game will look better than Last of Us 2 because Cerny is working very closely and this man knows Ps4 from every corner.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Cerny is a computer scientist or something. It'll take me like 2 years to figure it out.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Between this and the PSN name changed account- gaming media is trying to squeeze blood out of this PSX stone.

GNEVERD

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I remember all the hours I put into the Metal Gear series as a kid, only for it to kinda "make sense." Then, here comes MGSV, which made the entire series nonsensical.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'd like to think most games makes sense after playing hours of it. If it doesn't then you'd probably want to stop playing by that point...

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Im not a native english speaker so I thought it was real

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Knack 2 was never supposed to be a looker? It's a kids game or a game to play with my girlfriend, what has Knack to do with this running on Horizon engine, are you just shit posting?
I mean you kiterally said Mark Cerny being involved will make it have the best graphics. And Mark Cerny is the mind behind both Knack gammes. And no, "its for kids" is no excuse in the slightest. You could make a kids game with the best graphics in the market.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean you kiterally said Mark Cerny being involved will make it have the best graphics. And Mark Cerny is the mind behind both Knack gammes. And no, "its for kids" is no excuse in the slightest. You could make a kids game with the best graphics in the market.

Yeah because Knack budget is equal to Death Stranding, also has as much people working on Knack as on Death Stranding and Knack also uses one of the best engines in the world from Guerrilla.

Yup man you're right.

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I would have liked to at least see what genre of game it is, I'm assuming Action Horror akin to the last of us, but fuck at this point it could be a RTS knowing Kojima and his twists

T'Challa Shakur

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
This is going to be one of those things where you dont start to appreciate the nuance until you fo through it 2-3 times.

Just like Blade Runner.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I actually think he was semi-joking here, I dont believe he has played 4 or 5 hours of the game

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Funny that we're trashing knack 2 in here when it utilizes the Pro better than every other Sony game so far.

It's obviously not a graphical powerhouse but Cerny knows his shit. I'm also not sure what that has to do with this weird ass game lol.

Oct 30, 2017
Is this to assuage the fears of the kinds of people who think anything remotely creative must've been made 'on drugs'?

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Maybe he means the trailer was showing off certain gameplay mechanics like the shoulder arm being controlled by the baby and how the baby giving a thumbs up plays a part of what happens when you come back after death. It did seem like a joke though.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah because Knack budget is equal to Death Stranding, also has as much people working on Knack as on Death Stranding and Knack also uses one of the best engines in the world from Guerrilla.

Yup man you're right.
So the genius Mark Cerny you just praised is such a PS4 wizard but cant make his own engine be one of the best? Then how is he supposed to help here? People working on it and budget? Sony Japan has 4 times the nunber of employees Kojipro does.

Status
Not open for further replies.