PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
His unnatural intonation with the weird setting and audience made it feel like parody at first. Legit looked like the set from Review.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
His voice is very relaxing, I'll give Cerny that, but today's presentation wasn't really that interesting besides the bullet points. I guess the somewhat fake audience PoV and backdrop stood out a lot more and didn't make the presentation as dynamic, but I won't blame Cerny for that.
Also 3D audio can help you tune out the fan noise from the PS5. As it creates a sound barrier shaped as a sphere to shield you from the fan noise. 2.3 GHZ max....
Damn, some people on Era are only here to be cranky and grumpy and shit, huh? Lighten up, you'll need during this COVID-19 crisis.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
From a technical standpoint, he knows his stuff, but his presentation needs some improvement. He's very monotone in his delivery, which makes him sound very dull. I am a graphics software engineer, so I am into this stuff, but he bored me to death.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He has a very soothing voice, very easy to listen too. Presentation was meh but I listened to most of it because of him.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He almost never pauses or stutters. It's pretty impressive, honestly.

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
His voice is very relaxing, I'll give Cerny that, but today's presentation wasn't really that interesting besides the bullet points. I guess the somewhat fake audience PoV and backdrop stood out a lot more and didn't make the presentation as dynamic, but I won't blame Cerny for that.

Damn, some people on Era are only here to be cranky and grumpy and shit, huh? Lighten up, you'll need during this COVID-19 crisis.
I'm fine... this Cerney love is kinda crazy

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
Great presenter, unfortunately people build up the talk as something more and to be fair Sony should have shot down the hype with more authority.

The controller, console and most importantly games will come later and I think people expected to see those things there. It hurt the presentation in that sense, Cerny is great no doubt.

MoonDesigner

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
This feels like an attack to teachers around the world. He is the perfect example of someone with no didact and with the most boring monotone type of teacher. You would sleep through all of his classes. You only paid attention because it is something you are interested in.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
I thought for a second he was going to start talking about essential oils and try to sell them to me....

But all in all it was as detailed as it can get, and for that, it was presented in an understandable way.

Possum

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Masterful orator? I disagree. When I think masterful orator, Someone more like Dr. Martin Luther King comes to mind. Or maybe that British dude that narrates the nature films....what's his name?

Oct 27, 2017
I find his inflections, intonations and voice are very off putting and tiresome to listen to, actually.

It's a monotone drone that makes you want to tune out.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
He was great. You can really tell when you're getting a speech from someone that knows his stuff. I'll take it any day over a talented teleprompter reader.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
Very soothing steady voice, just a bit too tech heavy to completely follow.

It was like having Mr. Rogers reading the ingredients from the back of a bottle of hair gel. But then again, given what the presentation was about, doubt anyone could've made it exciting.

I do appreciate more hardware talk than flash.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
He's got a very friendly and charming demeanor as well as a clear and straight-forward delivery style, but I think he's also very monotone. He's not a great hype man in that regard, which is why Sony tend to bring him out for the hardcore tech talk for stuff like GDC and not when they want to get crowds actually excited.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
No lies detected. Im not into tech talk, and liestening him and how well he explained i still manage to understand some stuff.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
The only reason I'm not too concerned about ps5 is him. I trust this man.

He is that guy in the movies that is brought in midway to save the world.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I absolutely agree, he is, this would have turned out much better though if Sony hadn't been so quiet beforehand, they absolutely did this to themselves, long term though I doubt the backlash today will matter at least in regards to how they revealed, backlash to what they revealed who knows what we'll see when we look back in 5 years.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
You know Black Chamber , thank you for saving me from having to make this thread. I have an identical view of the man. It is uncanny how much I enjoy his presentations. The way he modulates his tone, volume and pauses makes his rhythm almost hypnotically soothing while also conveying a great sense of sincerity.

Given he is very technologically inclined, it is a testament to his abilities to keep so many of us engaged while talking about the driest portions of technology. I hope he perform technologically incline TED talk one day.

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017
He was on point for sure. At first it was off putting but then I was hooked on every word.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
He was great. Cerny is awesome and imo a great speaker. Unfortunately from the moment he talked backwards compatibility I had trouble focusing on all the other great aspects of the talk, I was just too perturbed. I'm currently extremely happy with PS5 but so done with Sony as an "ecosystem".

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I think Cerny could record stuff for a meditation app. It's soothing, relaxing, and could help me go to sleep at night.

VictoryLap77

Oct 25, 2017
I first heard him speak during the early days of the PS4. I've always enjoyed listening to him speak ever since. Such a soothing voice and you know he's definitely the smartest guy in the room.

Sky

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
UK
I'm more art than tech, but it kept me interested and I learnt a lot. Great stuff and can't wait to create games for PS5.

Sirank

Oct 27, 2017
I usually love deep technical breakdowns (heck I was putting a new GPU in an old imac while listening) and like Cerny but the whole thing was so weird and so monotone and plodding I thought it was a bit or something.

Last edited: